Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Paladin Retribution Tier - Judgement of the Wise "BUG!"

Judgement of the wise:
    Your damaging Judgement spells have a 100% chance to grant the Replenishment effect to up to 10 party or raid members mana regeneration equal to 1% of their maximum mana per 5 sec for 15 sec, and to immediately grant you 25% of your base mana.

Isn't it about time to fix the spell so that it gives mana back even tho the judgement gets absorbed?
    The spell doesn't imply anything about not giving the mana back when the target absorbs the damage :S

I'm not really sure if Blizz has said anything about the spell, (WHICH I REALLY DOUBT), but fix the damn tooltip if it's meant to not give the mana back.

Or... If it really is true, that Paladins are supposed to get mana back even tho the target absorbs the damage - /facepalm to you developers. We've been notifying you about the bug for months now -.-'

Re: Paladin Retribution Tier - Judgement of the Wise "BUG!"

"Your damaging judgements spells..."

There are no judgement spells that doesn't do dmg so what they mean is that you get mana back if the judgement spell does dmg to the target which it don't if the target absorbs the dmg.

But yeah idd it's broken. Warriors get rage when hammering a shied but we don't get mana. But I heard you need less IQ to work at Blizz than playing the game(which is 12+, no it's not the age trust me it's IQ. just logg in and try to interact with other ppl playing and you'll see), so expect a fix in about 1-2 years.
    Do not trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
    God's in his heaven. All's right with the world.

Quote Originally Posted by BlazerWithTheLazer
    I actually thought you had a point there.

Warriors get rage when hammering a shied
    QQ. Just because one class got something you don't, doesn't mean it's broken. You've even got Divine Plea for that extra 25% mana if one of your judgements are absorbed.

Deleted

As far as I'm aware they fixed it so we got Rage from being hit whilst under the effect of a shield, not when hitting one.

Quote Originally Posted by KandyCane
    I actually thought you had a point there.

QQ. Just because one class got something you don't, doesn't mean it's broken. You've even got Divine Plea for that extra 25% mana if one of your judgements are absorbed.
    DP is all but useless for ret, yeah 25%, but if we have two Judgments absorbed we will go oom, DP or no, because our "rotation" that every one calls face-roll is mana intensive without ALL our regeneration tools working.

tell a raid paladin to take judgement out of his cycle for 30 seconds in a fight and watch him go oom.

Quote Originally Posted by gryffin
    DP is all but useless for ret, yeah 25%, but if we have two Judgments absorbed we will go oom, DP or no, because our "rotation" that every one calls face-roll is mana intensive without ALL our regeneration tools working.

tell a raid paladin to take judgement out of his cycle for 30 seconds in a fight and watch him go oom.
    Noted the part where I said one Judgement? Take out a Warrior's melee swings for three seconds and watch him suffer.

Besides, even if PvP if you can't burn through a Priest's shield in the 8 seconds it takes to get a talented Judgement ready again, I don't think you're doing it right. Drink a mana potion if you're having that much trouble, it should give you like... what, 60% mana back? And in PvP you shouldn't be in combat so much that the cooldown won't activate.

I really don't know what you're doing if you're having mana issues in PvE.

Quote Originally Posted by KandyCane
    Noted the part where I said one Judgement? Take out a Warrior's melee swings for three seconds and watch him suffer.

Besides, even if PvP if you can't burn through a Priest's shield in the 8 seconds it takes to get a talented Judgement ready again, I don't think you're doing it right. Drink a mana potion if you're having that much trouble, it should give you like... what, 60% mana back? And in PvP you shouldn't be in combat so much that the cooldown won't activate.

I really don't know what you're doing if you're having mana issues in PvE.
    Wow they added mana potions into arena!?

Who is talking about pve???? This is a pvp problem not a pve problem...

And since we're talking about pvp, you're going to go oom against priests/mages due to shields. Oh ill just pop plea shall i, wait no SS or dispelled.

Oh and to OP, its not a bug, its been like it since launch, people just need to learn to live with it, its not to hard if you resist the whole face smash FCFS rotation and actually predict/look at what your opponents are doing...

if judgment of the wise just removed the mana cost of judgment the hole thing wouldn't be a problame, as even when you are oom you can judge and judging on a shilded target won't drain your mana.
    Pity Heal
    Unlimited range
    Channeled
    Baron Ashbury has pity on you, but only so he can continue inflicting pain! Heals all nearby enemies and allies for 5% health every 1 sec.
    Spellid 93705

Quote Originally Posted by Palatinus
    Who is talking about pve???? This is a pvp problem not a pve problem...
    It is a pve problem actually, in the arena of thorim and on twins.

10+ Year Old Account

Its sad when my fellow Retadins perpetuate the stereotype that we're all lazy QQ'ers who expect to be given so much that we actually can do well by rolling our faces across the keys :'(

L2P and don't keep spamming when you need to conserve mana

Quote Originally Posted by Elovan
    Its sad when my fellow Retadins perpetuate the stereotype that we're all lazy QQ'ers who expect to be given so much that we actually can do well by rolling our faces across the keys :'(

L2P and don't keep spamming when you need to conserve mana
    Yeah we're lazy because we expect our talents to work, what a bunch of lazy bastards.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kainaira
    Yeah we're lazy because we expect our talents to work, what a bunch of lazy bastards.
    The talent does work, just not the way you think it should.

What is this?

I raid and pvp as ret and i can use JoL and still stop myself going oom albeit keeping DP up every CD (you should be judging every CD anyway being the second highest dps attack :P). If mana's an issue use JoW, if its still an issue then you're either playing without a seal or you're actually just that bad and it's a L2P issue.

Judgements deal damage, leave a healing/mana regenerating debuff, add 3% crit against the target, and returns 25% of the paladin's base mana. The ability seems a bit overloaded as-is for ret. Perhaps another mana source will be implemented in Cataclysm? ;D
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Hohenhe%C3%ADm
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Caim
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottK15
    skill>penis/vag

15+ Year Old Account

and
    warrior dont get rage from absorbed hit, the fix was the other way around for when they were shielded they did get rage

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.wowwiki.com/Rage
    Attacks which damage a shield (such as Power Word: Shield) but not the opponent themselves do not generate rage.
    all of this was already said in the last 15 thread about that..

Quote Originally Posted by Horn
    Judgements deal damage, leave a healing/mana regenerating debuff, add 3% crit against the target, and returns 25% of the paladin's base mana. The ability seems a bit overloaded as-is for ret. Perhaps another mana source will be implemented in Cataclysm? ;D
    i would switch the judgement of the wise effect to Crusader strike, that would make it less overloaded, would make CS something more then a 93% of your weapon damage and would make it more constant (halving the effect to fit the cd :P)

10+ Year Old Account

The problem with making crusader strike our attack that regens mana is the fact you literaly have to be almost ontop of the target to use it, if you or the target have any lag in a pvp setting or if he is kiting you it wont be good at all because you wont be able to get it off unless u have them snared (which we don't have or stunned which only works 6 seconds out of a minute).
    Though i do agree with your hope of having lots of changes in cata, with the new mastery system &the complete redesign of our talent trees they should be able to balance us and all other classes much easier. Maybe they will even be able to finaly add those offensive tools they promised in 3.2 when they said were nerfing your burst & giving you more tools to compensate.

Myself I'd like it if they finally got rid of our complete immunity bubble then gave us more tools. As is in arena it makes you a target because enemies will just force ya to use it then wait ya out cause once its gone your screwed.

Maybe they could give us more attacks/spells with varied effects & shared cool downs, then buff the aspects of healing ones through the holy tree, absorbs/protection ones through prot & damage/offensive ones through ret. That would make a gap between the bad paladins and the good ones by providing a choice in how to react.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

15+ Year Old Account

When we have only 4 attacks with no relation to one-another, this is bound to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    When we have only 4 attacks with no relation to one-another, this is bound to happen.
    Ronark you aren't suggesting paladin spells are bulky and don't have any synergy are you? Blasphemy.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Hohenhe%C3%ADm
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Caim
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottK15
    skill>penis/vag

15+ Year Old Account

Ronark you aren't suggesting paladin spells are bulky and don't have any synergy are you? Blasphemy.
    Bulky and hit like trucks on the Autobahn? Nah.

10+ Year Old Account

There are no judgement spells that doesn't do dmg so what they mean is that you get mana back if the judgement spell does dmg to the target which it don't if the target absorbs the dmg.

But yeah idd it's broken. Warriors get rage when hammering a shied but we don't get mana. But I heard you need less IQ to work at Blizz than playing the game(which is 12+, no it's not the age trust me it's IQ. just logg in and try to interact with other ppl playing and you'll see), so expect a fix in about 1-2 years.
    correct me if im wrong but with BoS you get 2% max mana every time you block, parry or dodge plus you have divine plea which is always getting refreshed. less QQ plz
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"