Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: *Suggestion* Remake Repentance - PvP Change

While i like the fact the op is trying to fix our problems in pvp as ret posting ideas here is useless because blizz cant read them and all you will accomplish its getting flamed by dipshits who dont know how the class works.
    We have been balanced around having the complete immunity bubble since vanilla & frankly it isn't worth it anymore, 2 classes can break it 1 of which is the most common class found in arena setups.
    Hopefully when next expansion comes they just remove divine shield & give us actual tools to work with because atm it isn't good for anything because every arena team makeup can ether get rid of it or force you to use it then kill your teammate while you heal yourself.

As far as things they could do once they get rid of divine shield, they could make the cool down on divine protection 2 minutes baseline, have the effect on glyph of salvation built into the spell, let exorcism have a built in 2 second interrupt since it has a 15 second cool down, let judgment of justice be an actual snare (maybe 20%), then give us some sort of small stacking healing reduction effect (possibly let crusader strike have a 4-5% ms that stacks 5 times).
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

I retract my post. sorry. :-[

But what Zophiel says is true.
    I registered on MMO-Champion and all I got was this lousy signature.

I'm a cynic. Deal with it!

I agree that there are plenty that Blizzard could do to "re-work" talents. I'm also sure that fixing Ret Paladin PvP is low on the priority list of specs that needs to be fixed for PvP. I myself think that Repentance could be changed into something like an interrupt without the stun but not as powerful as say mindfreeze or pummel because of the high burst potential and magic damage associated with Ret.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Penny Arcade comic love.
    Ctrl + Alt +del comic love

fixt

Quote Originally Posted by Piscesthepally
    We bring dispels, and defensive support to the team we are playing with. Not MS and Interrupts. Learn to use the rest of the skills you have instead of smashing your face on 1-3.
    "FUCKING CHRIST NO ONE CARES ABOUT A DUMB SKANK WHO BRAGS ABOUT GETTING FUCKED IN THE ASS BY HER DOUCHEBAG BOYFRIEND NOW SIT THE FUCK DOWN AND DPS YOU SLUT!" - Random guy yelling on vent to a chick.

Some classes counter each other and a class is not supposed to win over all the other classes

Healers counter ret pala (not sham) but you can easily kill a warlock, feral druid, warrior and many more.

As a rogue I also have a hard time against plates because they counter me

Why are people still saying Ret is fine in PvP? Did I miss something and there's actually Ret Palas in tourneys / decent rated arena teams these days? Or do people still think Ret having an interrupt or whatever offensive utility would make any difference to how the spec plays in BGs vs their crappy greengeared alts?

@ defensive support, it's all worth nothing because a Holy Paladin does all the same, just better and without running out of mana after casting cleanse 5 times. BTW, cleanse is still the worst dispel in game, too.

Since most of the pallys always whine and want to be buffed I think it should be like this:

Repentance:
    0% base mana, 10 sec cooldown.
    41 yards;
    Puts the enemy target in a state of meditation by destroying his account pernamently.

I find it humorous that the first person to flame was a blood elf DK. You out DPS us, have the most offensive and defensive cooldowns of any class in the game, and your survival is second only to bubble, which is a 5 minute cooldown. Do us all a favor, troll, QFT.

Until you've played a paladin without arcane torrent, and feel the agonizing pain of trying to even put a dent in a healer, you have no place in this thread.

BG's are not the same as arena. Not even close.

For the record, I've rerolled blood elf DK, so I know exactly how OP you are. You counter almost every class in the game.

Yeah I'm pretty much done with this thread, Ronark puts points on the problems that the rest of you seem adamant to simply ignore and toss out your tired old "lolbubbleplateheal" garbage. It's a plain and simple fact that what we say about Repentance being vastly UP compared to every other CC in pvp is true, and you really can't argue against it. So keep trying if you want, it'll just make you look stupid.

Last thought:
    Judgement of Humility - Off GCD, Interrupts spellcasting and silences the target for 2 seconds. Casting this Judgement shares the same CD as other Judgements and puts all Judgement spells on a 10 second CD.

What? You say we will have to nerf something in exchange, even though this would mean we would lose our 7 second Judgement CD?
    Fine fine...how about we add:
    "Using this Judgement causes 10 seconds of Forbearance during which time the Paladin may not cast Divine Shield or Hand of Protection on themselves, or have Hand of Protection applied to them by another Paladin."
    So like with our new and (lol) improved Exorcism (choose instant heal or instant ranged attack), we get to choose between being able to interrupt or Bubble/HoP.

Still not enough? Tough shit, seems more than fair to me.

"I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the Constellation of Kasterborous. I'm 903 years old and I'm the man who is gonna save your lives and all 6 billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?"

-The Doctor, Voyage of the Damned

Quote Originally Posted by WrathOfTheLickKing
    Since most of the pallys always whine and want to be buffed I think it should be like this:

Repentance:
    0% base mana, 10 sec cooldown.
    41 yards;
    Puts the enemy target in a state of meditation by destroying his account pernamently.
    Hahaha win! xD. But maybe it's better to increase the range to infinite and cooldown to 0, because u would still have retris on ur feet: "OMGWTFGIEFZBUFFTOONESHOTEVERY1!ICANJUSTTRIPLESHOTNOWITSNOTFAIR"