Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Non Battle.net Accounts offline on November 12th

I went and made a battle.net after I saw this. Thanks for the heads up
    Never pick a fight with someone who has nothing to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Update - Just to clarify, this is directly taken from http://eu.battle.net/faq/index.html, the US version (here) doesn't seem to have the updated information and the process might be different on american servers. You might end up getting the old FAQ when checking the EU site, logging in fixed the problem for me.

Non Battle.net Accounts offline on November 12th
    Apparently, if you didn't merge your WoW account to a Battle.net account you won't be able to play the game after November 12th. The good news is, you get a free penguin!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Q: What happens if I don’t merge my World of Warcraft account with a Battle.net account?
    A: After November 12, 2009, you won’t be able to log in to the game unless you merge your account with a Battle.net account. You will need to log in using your Battle.net account username (your email address) and password.

Q: How can I obtain the penguin pet?
    A: Once you’ve successfully merged a World of Warcraft account with a Battle.net account, the penguin pet will be sent via in-game mail to all existing characters on the merged World of Warcraft account, along with all future characters on that World of Warcraft account. Players who merged previously will also receive the pet this way.

Q: Do I need to merge by a certain date in order to receive the penguin?
    A: We plan to remove the ability to get the penguin pet at some point in the future, we haven’t determined exactly when just yet.

Q: If I create a new World of Warcraft account, will I receive the pet?
    A: Only existing World of Warcraft accounts that merge with a Battle.net account are eligible to receive the penguin pet. If you create a new Battle.net account after November 11 and merge an existing World of Warcraft account with it you will still be able to receive the pet. However, please note that we plan to remove the ability to get the penguin pet at some point in the future.
    The penguin will most likely be Oswald (also known as Mr. Chilly, he was renamed in the latest PTR build of Patch 3.3 but Oswald is a nice name too), Mr. Chilly was the pet given to US beta testers who converted their account to Battle.net when the feature was on WotLK beta servers. Please note that Pengu was also changed in Patch 3.3 and doesn't have his scary red eyes anymore.

so now I gona have 2 pengu's =O
    alll the time farming kal'uak rep wasted xP

I just merged my account. and now, I can't log in. get stuck @ Connecting.

I can log on to my other account that I didn't merge.

edit: Can log in with battle.net id to acc management @ wow-europe.com

I didnt have time to go thru 10 pages so im sorry if someone has already said this, Oswald is the perfect name for a penguin and here's why - http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Oswald_Cobblepot_(The_Batman)

Woot! tons of bitches quitting, YES THANK YOU TECHNOLOGY!!!!! Seriously, this is like "halo 3 is on the 360, FUCK THAT I'M NOT UPGRADING FROM MY XBOX!!!!" get a grip.

Quote Originally Posted by zizimonster
    The only reason why I didn't want to do this is because I don't want to log in with my email address.. my email is f'ing long. Anyone know if there's a way to still use your user name?
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Quote Originally Posted by bigblack23
    If it aint broke, don't fix it.

Great excuse to quit the game, why the fuck do i want to bother to sign up for a crappy battlenet account when my current u: and pw: works PERFECT.

I don't.

Thnx.

Bye Bye Blizzard, you suck
    Oh no, you have to spend five minutes making a battle.net account. FIVE MINUTES of your life wasted.

Stop whining, this isn't a big deal. And Blizzard is giving you a motherfucking penguin pet for typing a couple of words in. There is no reason to complain.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Undercity Champion says: "I punched a penguin on my way in here."
    Argent Confessor Paletress says: "Oh, my. Do you feel remorseful, at least?"
    Undercity Champion says: "Nah, not really. I just wanted to see the look on your face."

Quote Originally Posted by lokna
    this changing to the battle.net acount is bullshit, people with a battle net acount got hacked in the past this is just a way of blizz to make more money cus you gotta buy an autenticating key.

gg blizz
    I merged my account last November and nothing has happened to me. It's just as secure, if not safer, as a regular WoW account.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Undercity Champion says: "I punched a penguin on my way in here."
    Argent Confessor Paletress says: "Oh, my. Do you feel remorseful, at least?"
    Undercity Champion says: "Nah, not really. I just wanted to see the look on your face."

Just merged it with a battlenet account and now i cant log on even when i use my Email as login name x.x

Quote Originally Posted by Vaijin
    The fact that this went 16 pages deep over something as tiny as merging your account speaks VOLUMES to how WoW players will bitch about anything at all they can get their hands on.

You people (who are whining after 16 pages) are fucking pathetic. Jesus.
    me whining at pg 16 make me pathetic but you putting a post to call me pathetic 16pgs in is not much better.

ps like all things internet if you dont want to see bitching and crying then do not, DO NOT read a forum post ever again. also stay out of the citys in wow cause it happens there also just fyi
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Korialstrasz&cn=Volbeat. im a bad and ill be coming to a raid or a 5 man near you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobzor
    Just merged it with a battlenet account and now i cant log on even when i use my Email as login name x.x
    it can take like 15min sometimes if you try to log in instantly

Stood in the Fire andy_mitchelluk's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by lokna
    this changing to the battle.net acount is bullshit, people with a battle net acount got hacked in the past this is just a way of blizz to make more money cus you gotta buy an autenticating key.

gg blizz
    Your account is only as safe as your PC is.

If you have a decent virus scanner and frequently run programs such as "Spybot - Search & Destroy" then you should NEVER get your account hacked.

The reason people get hacked is because they either don't have a virus scanner or they do and choose to ignore warnings that the site they're visiting isn't safe.

Seriously, if anyone is thick enough to buy gold, accept a "free mount promo" or freely give away all their account info because an email has asked for it they DESERVE to be hacked.

Use some common sense when you visit sites and if it looks like a dodgy site dont click anything on the page, hit Alt-F4 to force the window to shut.

Better to be safe than sorry.

Failing that, pay a measly one-off fee of £5 and get an authenticator. It'll cover you for ANY game of Blizzard's that you hook up to your battle.net account.

Just remember, think twice before opening that attachment from freegolds4u.com (no idea if it's a real site, just an example!)

10+ Year Old Account

If i would do this, and i will of course, Where will i Put in Game Cards? the Same way? from old Site but just insted ot logging in there with my Username i use my E-,mail?

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Penguins are evil and are trying to take over the planet.
    Never!
    Oswald is trying to save us all!

*Merges his Blizzard accound with the B.net one*
    http://i36.tinypic.com/20a9aib.png

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Gleðikona
    If i would do this, and i will of course, Where will i Put in Game Cards? the Same way? from old Site but just insted ot logging in there with my Username i use my E-,mail?
    Yep, same as usual but you just use your email instead of your username

I was wondering when this would finally happen
    >Signature Removed, Replacement Pending<

this is stupid but well..... i have merged it and.... when will i get my pet? :P
    Menina Jeitosa - A mais Jeitosa só pode estar aqui!

I assume around November 12th.

10+ Year Old Account

I love it. You notice all the people on this topic who said they would quit over this seem to be self-entitled I-don't-wanna-do-what-anyone-tells-me brats? If this change causes these sorts to quit WoW, I am all for it.
    Cosmic greetings, all, I'm the Raccoonatic Commander!
    Leowyld of Emerald Dream-US

For anyone who was a bit confused or nervous about this change, have no fear!

Its free, takes about 5 minutes to fill out... and you get a free pet.

Seems good to me.