Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: Non Battle.net Accounts offline on November 12th

Quote Originally Posted by Yizren
    why blizzard, 99% of wow players dont want to merge, me being one, its pointless
    Ok, Lets clear some things out. Now that Blizzard releases Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2 they want a main platform to manage all online accounts, its easier for them and better for us.

1st, Battlenet is safer.
    2nd, you can manage all games with 1 account (Warcraft, Diablo, Starcraft and Wow), I think you can manage multiple wow accounts too.
    3rd, one of the things they plan to launch is cross-game chat. You can chat with your friend while you play WoW and he plays Starcraft.

And last but not least. WHEN YOU INSTALLED WotLK THERE WAS A OBVIOUS POPUP MESSAGE SAYING "YOU WILL BE ASKED TO MERGE YOUR WOW ACCOUNT WITH A BATTLENET ACCOUNT" AND YOU PRESSED "I AGREE"!!!

10+ Year Old Account

so... nov. 12 is going to be the 3.3 day... horray!

Stood in the Fire andy_mitchelluk's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by spidy05
    last time i merg one of my accounts with Battle net it i got hacked fuck u blizzard
    Wanna know why? Because you most likely had a keylogger on your PC as you typed all your details in.

Come on people. It's not Blizzard's fault you get hacked.

Keep your PC secure by using virus scanning and trojan scanners.
    It's not difficult...

Just a general wonder... If I do decide to upgrade my account for BN, what kind of information do I need? Like CD-key, SQ, mail etc.

Like most of us, i'll guess you've trade a account before and never got either mail or SQ for it.

Security isn't that much of an issue, but I understand where people are comming from, when I'm going to make the account I was wondering if the Blizzard Authencator still works with the battlenet account?

Quote Originally Posted by Elvaz
    I quit I do not like the idea of battle net forced onto me, so I decided I won't fork over my cash to blizzard. May their bottom line hit red 8)
    K. Bai bai! ^^
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

SO HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE FOR THEM TO MAIL THE STUPID PENGUIN I MERGED YESTERDAY AND STILL NO FREAKING PENGU OR OSWALD

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Kasuki
    SO HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE FOR THEM TO MAIL THE STUPID PENGUIN I MERGED YESTERDAY AND STILL NO FREAKING PENGU OR OSWALD
    You will get it sometime around the 12th.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinnerbone
    You will get it sometime around the 12th.
    ty

Have the suckups actually read the liscence agreement?

You may not, among other things;

Use mods - "create or use cheats, automation software (bots), hacks, mods or any other unauthorized third-party software designed to modify the Service, any Game or any Game experience;"

Run anti-virus or any other program which routinely scans your PC's memory alongside WoW - "use any unauthorized third-party software that intercepts, "mines", or otherwise collects information from or through any Game or the Service"

Run the game through SOCKS proxys or the like - " (b) any connection using programs or tools not expressly approved by Blizzard"

PvP - "disrupt or assist in the disruption of (a) any computer used to support the Service or any Game environment (each a "Server"); or (b) any other player's Game experience."

Any violation is, per the agreement, a copyright infringement with penalties of £50,000 a shot in the UK.

The US launcher page now says all non-battle.net accounts will need to be upgraded by November 11th.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn Falcon
    Have the suckups actually read the liscence agreement?

You may not, among other things;

Use mods - "create or use cheats, automation software (bots), hacks, mods or any other unauthorized third-party software designed to modify the Service, any Game or any Game experience;"

Run anti-virus or any other program which routinely scans your PC's memory alongside WoW - "use any unauthorized third-party software that intercepts, "mines", or otherwise collects information from or through any Game or the Service"

Run the game through SOCKS proxys or the like - " (b) any connection using programs or tools not expressly approved by Blizzard"

PvP - "disrupt or assist in the disruption of (a) any computer used to support the Service or any Game environment (each a "Server"); or (b) any other player's Game experience."

Any violation is, per the agreement, a copyright infringement with penalties of £50,000 a shot in the UK.
    Not the Sharpest tool in the shed, are ya?

i just got forced(by blizzard or someone else:S) to merge my account with a battle.net account, but the problem is..... i dont have one ??? so now im trying my best to get the random account back :S

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixhart
    Not the Sharpest tool in the shed, are ya?
    What, for actually reading legal agreements? Yes, I'll freely agree that that does make me a cut above the people who don't bother looking inside the shed to see the tools in the first place like you, but simply assume they're there, without bothering with little items like due dilligence.

Here's a hint: Run it past your lawyer, and he'll point out a lot more than just those highlights.

Or you could you use your tongue more. You know, your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by andy_mitchelluk
    Wanna know why? Because you most likely had a keylogger on your PC as you typed all your details in.

Come on people. It's not Blizzard's fault you get hacked.

Keep your PC secure by using virus scanning and trojan scanners.
    It's not difficult...
    well??? blizard took over my Account, i even got a mail wich says so ???

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn Falcon
    What, for actually reading legal agreements? Yes, I'll freely agree that that does make me a cut above the people who don't bother looking inside the shed to see the tools in the first place like you, but simply assume they're there, without bothering with little items like due dilligence.

Here's a hint: Run it past your lawyer, and he'll point out a lot more than just those highlights.

Or you could you use your tongue more. You know, your choice.
    Or you can look at blizzard's on WoW forum directory. PvP Discsssion, UI and mods discussion...Yep. Blizzard legally doesn't support those at all.

i merged my WoW acct into battle.net months ago... so will i recieve the pet? or is this only for people who decide to merge within the month?

I'm tired of big brother companies trying to look out for little old you with their lets make a freaking account of everything you play that we make. If you think there is an honest reason for them doing this you must live in a hole. Steam did the same thing....it's successful, but very annoying. I didn't need another version of it on my computer so they can have epic duels between each other to see which one blue screens me the most in a day. Also if you think having your wow account hacked was a bad thing, just wait until you are the unlucky person who has their b-net account hacked and your cd-keys end up being the new cracked version on pirate bay. Screw that. It's like taking all of your stocks pulling them into one company and watching it tank. Good thing you put it all in the same place right?

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeSpeCtre
    I'm tired of big brother companies trying to look out for little old you with their lets make a freaking account of everything you play that we make. If you think there is an honest reason for them doing this you must live in a hole. Steam did the same thing....it's successful, but very annoying. I didn't need another version of it on my computer so they can have epic duels between each other to see which one blue screens me the most in a day. Also if you think having your wow account hacked was a bad thing, just wait until you are the unlucky person who has their b-net account hacked and your cd-keys end up being the new cracked version on pirate bay. Screw that. It's like taking all of your stocks pulling them into one company and watching it tank. Good thing you put it all in the same place right?
    Their game, their rules.
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

Quote Originally Posted by Kentukyfried
    Their game, their rules.
    Doesn't make them less of a corporate ass. They can have their game, but count me out of their market mongering.