Page 1 of 17
... LastLast

Non Battle.net Accounts offline on November 12th

Update October 11th - Apparently the FAQ was removed today ... I guess we'll hear more about this during the week ...

Update - Just to clarify, this is directly taken from http://eu.battle.net/faq/index.html, the US version (here) doesn't seem to have the updated information and the process might be different on american servers. You might end up getting the old FAQ when checking the EU site, logging in fixed the problem for me.

Non Battle.net Accounts offline on November 12th
    Apparently, if you didn't merge your WoW account to a Battle.net account you won't be able to play the game after November 12th. The good news is, you get a free penguin!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Q: What happens if I don’t merge my World of Warcraft account with a Battle.net account?
    A: After November 12, 2009, you won’t be able to log in to the game unless you merge your account with a Battle.net account. You will need to log in using your Battle.net account username (your email address) and password.

Q: How can I obtain the penguin pet?
    A: Once you’ve successfully merged a World of Warcraft account with a Battle.net account, the penguin pet will be sent via in-game mail to all existing characters on the merged World of Warcraft account, along with all future characters on that World of Warcraft account. Players who merged previously will also receive the pet this way.

Q: Do I need to merge by a certain date in order to receive the penguin?
    A: We plan to remove the ability to get the penguin pet at some point in the future, we haven’t determined exactly when just yet.

Q: If I create a new World of Warcraft account, will I receive the pet?
    A: Only existing World of Warcraft accounts that merge with a Battle.net account are eligible to receive the penguin pet. If you create a new Battle.net account after November 11 and merge an existing World of Warcraft account with it you will still be able to receive the pet. However, please note that we plan to remove the ability to get the penguin pet at some point in the future.
    The penguin will most likely be Oswald (also known as Mr. Chilly, he was renamed in the latest PTR build of Patch 3.3 but Oswald is a nice name too), Mr. Chilly was the pet given to US beta testers who converted their account to Battle.net when the feature was on WotLK beta servers. Please note that Pengu was also changed in Patch 3.3 and doesn't have his scary red eyes anymore.

Re: Non Battle.net Accounts offline on November 12th

What? They can't do this! They never said they were going to do this! They're forcing us to change to battle.net! Bastards!
    /sarcasm

(Right, now I've covered the whining. You guys can carry on with the positive comments. )
    Random IRC ramblings:
    <Bibi-> you can call me Arthas and I'll play with your Frostmourne
    <FlyOnZeWall> at the point where mouth touches dick, I feel it's safe to say nobody gives a flying fuck about balls

Wtf @ Pengu.
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

woo Penguins
    Priest - http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ghostlands&n=Yarmi
    Warrior - http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ghostlands&n=Clo%C3%BAd

10+ Year Old Account

Cute

why blizzard, 99% of wow players dont want to merge, me being one, its pointless
    hahaha. no.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Marla
    What? They can't do this! They never said they were going to do this! They're forcing us to change to battle.net! Bastards!
    /sarcasm

(Right, now I've covered the whining. You guys can carry on with the positive comments. )
    I know this is a joke, but they did say when you installed LK that you would need a battle.net account in the future

It was only a matter of time...Let's hope for the best.
    "Don't Blink. Blink and you are dead."

Quote Originally Posted by Cutebutdeadly
    Only problem is, not everyone in world of warcraft reads forums. I can see that every noob on the planet will think they got banned in November.
    Error message with URL link will send them to the right place as well as MOTD in game and on login. Come on... really?

Deleted

Stupid question but... just HOW do you merge them? oO

Quote Originally Posted by Yizren
    why blizzard, 99% of wow players dont want to merge, me being one, its pointless
    Why?

No, seriously, why?

Can you give me even one good reason?

So... we've finally come to the battle of our time.

did I merge yet? I have no idea. Do I even want to be part of this strange battlenet? sounds rather gay if you ask me.
    the ensidia ban was clever marketing

oh noes, someone is using engineering

Oswald? The name is a nice touch.

Quote Originally Posted by rat
    Why?

No, seriously, why?

Can you give me even one good reason?
    Penguins are evil and are trying to take over the planet.

I'm just glad to see that they finally are getting around to making Pengu a little less terrifying.

Edit: Boub's reason was better than mine :P

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    ...Fuck.

pfft already merged my account back when they mountain dew thing was going on to get my war bot

Quote Originally Posted by Cutebutdeadly
    Only problem is, not everyone in world of warcraft reads forums. I can see that every noob on the planet will think they got banned in November.
    You say that as if it's a negative thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Superbingo
    Well the reasons I've heard is because it's a hassle for people with multiple accounts or something like that.

I'm just glad to see that they finally are getting around to making Pengu a little less terrifying.
    I heard Patch 3.3 will come this week and Cataclysm is supposed to launch by Christmas. Are they true as well? :
    4/12/292277026596 15:30:08

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    what i dont get is how if blizz gives everyone (yes everyone, cuz everyone has to merge) a pet, it defeats the purpose of having a special pet... if everyone has one
    hahaha. no.