Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Non Battle.net Accounts offline on November 12th

Guys, during the signup it asks me for my address details and everything - can I just lie about them?

Hmm this might me abit"too much" but:

-At blizzcon they said they wanted to do a revamp to the LFG interface by allowing the feature to look in the battlegroup
    -A few weeks/months ago a feature was show about the new battle.net stuff ( cross-realm friendlist)
    -Now they said it will have to be done BEFORE 12 November( a thursday), EXACTLY a year After they released WoTlk.

Imho, does this mean 3.3 will be released on 11 November together with the new battle.net features?

The 3.3 release sounds logical since its been a year we set foot in Northrend.

Doing Photoshop requests.

Quote Originally Posted by Facepalm.jpg
    Why exactly are they doing this?
    Keep your friends list between games, be able to chat between games, only need one login between games, ability to track statistics and achievements between games, ability to do things like with the Battle Bot/Grunty/Oswald pets and how they are mailed to each character you create because Battle.net is a more improved platform with newer technology, removing the necessity to run two login systems on their side, removing the problems created by having two login systems, so their resources can go into making one stable/improved system with this multitude of new concepts.

So yeah, maybe because it allows for a lot more features and provides a more stable infrastructure for their games to rely on.

Quote Originally Posted by Modran
    Guys, during the signup it asks me for my address details and everything - can I just lie about them?
    Not advisable, as if you ever need to contact Blizzard, you're going to be SOL with fake information. There's no detriment to filling out your real info, it's not like Blizzard's going to sell your info or come rob you or something. Why wouldn't you provide your real details?

I can approve what the person above me said. Its about damn time to change the login platform and for those people who dont want to do this .. go cancel your wow account then. ;D

My guess is they want to do this in preparation for the SC 2 Beta starting since its supposed to start in November.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Kootz
    How do you know if you have already merged your account or not?
    Your account has been merged if you log in with an email address (yournick@gmail.com instead of youaccountname).

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkle
    Also money? You're a tool. You're not paying anymore than you're already paying for your subscription.
    Troll succesfull.
    Random IRC ramblings:
    <Bibi-> you can call me Arthas and I'll play with your Frostmourne
    <FlyOnZeWall> at the point where mouth touches dick, I feel it's safe to say nobody gives a flying fuck about balls

Let's get some facts out there for reasons to switch to battle.net.

1) This is probably the most important reason. When you create a Battle.net account, and merge a WoW account to it, that WoW account's info gets sumperimposed by the Battle.net account's info. Now you're saying, "So what?". Well, if you get hacked without a merged WoW account, chances are the hacker will merge your wow account to a battle.net account that he created and all of a sudden *POOF* your WoW account's info is gone and it'll take you a lot longer to convince them that that WoW account was yours.

2) When Cataclysm launches (or even earlier) all friends list/ignore list/socializing functions within Blizzard's three franchises (Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, and World of Warcraft) will use battle.net. Your in-game friends lists will be shared between those 3 games, and without a battle.net account, theoretically, you wouldn't have access to your friends lists, etc.

3) Log-in servers. This isn't being lazy on Blizzard's part, but any smart company will realize that funding two different sets of log-in servers when you can just consolidate it all in one cluster (which at this point is most likely more advanced than the older servers) is a positive change.

4) Streamlining. This one is simple to explain. Accessing 3 franchises, the blizzard store, and each of the 3 games websites by having to remember only one set of Log-in credentials.

5) And last but not least, TO GET CHILLY BACK! The little guy was always following me around during the beta. Glad to see him back into the game, even if his name is now Oswald.

i already had a battle net account but meh, they just forced us and they are in their full right, but this looks like a cheap way to 'buy' it off, cute pet tho

Quote Originally Posted by aegis5108
    some kind of sick pleasure obviously
    I knew it!

All done, Easier than i thought it'd be.

Where are you getting this info? I have searched everywhere for it and just can't find it. And yes I welcome the change, I'm just wondering where he saw it from.

Do people who already have their accounts merged get the pet too?

Is the pet in game yet for existing merged people?

Does this apply to EU players?

I knew this was gonna happen now all those people I told to do it a long time ago have to :P Its not like Bnet has anything wrong with it whats the big deal with changing your WoW Account name to a email. its not like you enter your user name every time you log into WoW there is a save user name box for a reason!

"In order to provide the Battle.net Service, Blizzard must be entitled to access, monitor and/or review text chat, including private, or "whisper" chat, in the event of complaints from other users or violations of the law. By clicking the check box below, you agree that Blizzard (or one of Blizzard’s affiliates) has the right to monitor and review personal messages you send or receive on the Battle.net Service, or through any game that is playable through the Battle.net Service, to investigate potential violations of the law, the Battle.net Terms of Use, or the Terms of Use agreement specific to any game playable on the Battle.net Service. Blizzard will not use the information for any reason other than pursuing such violations."

That means if someone merges his account to a battle.net one all his WoW, SC2 and Diablo 3 chat is being monitored by Blizz?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Yizren
    why blizzard, 99% of wow players dont want to merge, me being one, its pointless
    How is it pointless when it's required to keep you being able to play?

I understand what you mean though, wait, no I don't, since it makes no sense. But I, uh...
    Nevermind. I don't get it.

Do i need to create a new account on battlenet or where to merge my wow account and battle.net
    When We Ride Our Enemies..

Quote Originally Posted by Hayday

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Makakios
    "In order to provide the Battle.net Service, Blizzard must be entitled to access, monitor and/or review text chat, including private, or "whisper" chat, in the event of complaints from other users or violations of the law. By clicking the check box below, you agree that Blizzard (or one of Blizzard’s affiliates) has the right to monitor and review personal messages you send or receive on the Battle.net Service, or through any game that is playable through the Battle.net Service, to investigate potential violations of the law, the Battle.net Terms of Use, or the Terms of Use agreement specific to any game playable on the Battle.net Service. Blizzard will not use the information for any reason other than pursuing such violations."

That means if someone merges his account to a battle.net one all his chat is being monitored by Blizz?
    Your in-game chats are logged even if you're not merged. This is something you agree to every time you click "I Agree" when you patch up.

Quote Originally Posted by Debate
    Does this apply to EU players?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbhammer
    Is the pet in game yet for existing merged people?
    No. They haven't given the pet out yet, they will likely do so early next month, just after the deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by riflemancho
    Do i need to create a new account on battlenet or where to merge my wow account and battle.net
    EU: https://eu.battle.net/account/creation/tos.xml
    US: https://us.battle.net/account/creation/tos.xml

You have an option to merge on your battle.net account management page, once you have made the account.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayday
    Yes.