Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
14
... LastLast
  1. #61
    My bans cleave. Dinnerbone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Somewhere in England. I'm not too sure.
    Posts
    3,331

    Re: Non Battle.net Accounts offline on November 12th

    Quote Originally Posted by Makakios
    "In order to provide the Battle.net Service, Blizzard must be entitled to access, monitor and/or review text chat, including private, or "whisper" chat, in the event of complaints from other users or violations of the law. By clicking the check box below, you agree that Blizzard (or one of Blizzard’s affiliates) has the right to monitor and review personal messages you send or receive on the Battle.net Service, or through any game that is playable through the Battle.net Service, to investigate potential violations of the law, the Battle.net Terms of Use, or the Terms of Use agreement specific to any game playable on the Battle.net Service. Blizzard will not use the information for any reason other than pursuing such violations."

    That means if someone merges his account to a battle.net one all his chat is being monitored by Blizz?
    Your in-game chats are logged even if you're not merged. This is something you agree to every time you click "I Agree" when you patch up.

    Quote Originally Posted by Debate
    Does this apply to EU players?
    Yes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dumbhammer
    Is the pet in game yet for existing merged people?
    No. They haven't given the pet out yet, they will likely do so early next month, just after the deadline.

    Quote Originally Posted by riflemancho
    Do i need to create a new account on battlenet or where to merge my wow account and battle.net
    EU: https://eu.battle.net/account/creation/tos.xml
    US: https://us.battle.net/account/creation/tos.xml

    You have an option to merge on your battle.net account management page, once you have made the account.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hayday
    Do people who already have their accounts merged get the pet too?
    Yes.
    Join us on the official MMO-Champion IRC channel!
    #mmo-champion of irc.quakenet.org or click here if you have no idea what I'm talking about.

  2. #62

    Re: Non Battle.net Accounts offline on November 12th

    Quote Originally Posted by Makakios
    "In order to provide the Battle.net Service, Blizzard must be entitled to access, monitor and/or review text chat, including private, or "whisper" chat, in the event of complaints from other users or violations of the law. By clicking the check box below, you agree that Blizzard (or one of Blizzard’s affiliates) has the right to monitor and review personal messages you send or receive on the Battle.net Service, or through any game that is playable through the Battle.net Service, to investigate potential violations of the law, the Battle.net Terms of Use, or the Terms of Use agreement specific to any game playable on the Battle.net Service. Blizzard will not use the information for any reason other than pursuing such violations."

    That means if someone merges his account to a battle.net one all his chat is being monitored by Blizz?
    They already do. That's how they check to see if someone really was spamming when someone gets reported.

    They can access backlogs of any kind of chat in the game. That doesn't mean they're watching everything you type to learn your dirty little secrets, but if they have a reason to investigate your account for any sort of infractions, they can look at all of your chat.

  3. #63

    Re: Non Battle.net Accounts offline on November 12th

    Quote Originally Posted by riflemancho
    Do i need to create a new account on battlenet or where to merge my wow account and battle.net
    you make a Bnet account and then merge WoW to that email.

    www.battle.net

  4. #64

    Re: Non Battle.net Accounts offline on November 12th

    Quote Originally Posted by Lylic
    you make a Bnet account and then merge WoW to that email.

    www.battle.net
    Keep in mind that simply going to www.battle.net will redirect you to http://eu.battle.net/?rhtml=y. If you are in the US, make sure you're going to http://us.battle.net/?rhtml=y

  5. #65

    Re: Non Battle.net Accounts offline on November 12th

    MERGE = YOU R UNHACKABLE = DONT WORRY BOUT UR ACCOUNT IT WILL NEVER GET HAXXORD
    Quote Originally Posted by gnlogic
    "OMFG I spent 7g buying [insert item name] from action house, but it didn't go in my bag!"....

  6. #66

    Re: Non Battle.net Accounts offline on November 12th

    Quote Originally Posted by Dart Matsuraki
    Keep in mind that simply going to www.battle.net will redirect you to http://eu.battle.net/?rhtml=y. If you are in the US, make sure you're going to http://us.battle.net/?rhtml=y
    I live in the US and it directed me to the US one :P it goes by ip and location

  7. #67

    Re: Non Battle.net Accounts offline on November 12th

    Required building block for cross-server friends list and is probably needed for the new LFG feature that allows you to group cross-server.

    The only thing I don't like about merging is not having the ability to un-merge.

    I merged two accounts so I could do a server transfer and was going to give away the extra un-used account, but as far as I can tell I have no way of doing so now since they both use the same login/pass and I can't unmerge the second one.

  8. #68
    Stood in the Fire rainCZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Durotar
    Posts
    401

    Re: Non Battle.net Accounts offline on November 12th

    The World of Warcraft account merge process is temporarily unavailable. We apologize for any inconvenience. heh

  9. #69

    Re: Non Battle.net Accounts offline on November 12th

    the hackers or the people after ur account have ur email already, cuz well, them fake emails and such (somehow, i actually want to know HOW if u dont give it to anyone, except no wow related things)

    lemme merge, but let me login with my old username, that is only for wow.

    reason given for why not.
    hahaha. no.

  10. #70

    Re: Non Battle.net Accounts offline on November 12th

    Quote Originally Posted by Lylic
    I live in the US and it directed me to the US one :P it goes by ip and location
    Interesting... I live in the US and it directed me to the EU one... hmmm

  11. #71

    Re: Non Battle.net Accounts offline on November 12th

    Nobody seems concerned with the real issue here: Pengu won't have red eyes anymore!

    I for one am very sad to no longer be able to say, "I have a demon penguin for a pet" and not be lying.
    ( \_/ )
    ( >.< )
    ( /\__/\
    (>O.O<) ---- MeOW!!
    ~m__m

  12. #72

    Re: Non Battle.net Accounts offline on November 12th

    Quote Originally Posted by Makakios
    "In order to provide the Battle.net Service, Blizzard must be entitled to access, monitor and/or review text chat, including private, or "whisper" chat, in the event of complaints from other users or violations of the law. By clicking the check box below, you agree that Blizzard (or one of Blizzard’s affiliates) has the right to monitor and review personal messages you send or receive on the Battle.net Service, or through any game that is playable through the Battle.net Service, to investigate potential violations of the law, the Battle.net Terms of Use, or the Terms of Use agreement specific to any game playable on the Battle.net Service. Blizzard will not use the information for any reason other than pursuing such violations."

    That means if someone merges his account to a battle.net one all his WoW, SC2 and Diablo 3 chat is being monitored by Blizz?
    No, not really. The manpower that would be required for Blizzard to actively monitor chats in game would be ENORMOUS. This is in place so that if, say, RandomJerk whispers you and begins threatening you, you can report it and Blizzard can look up the log to confirm your story, then take action against RandomJerk.

    POTENTIALLY, they could set something up to keep an eye out for specific words and phrases and notify them if they're found, but given the nature of the game, such a system could be quite a hassle, either giving false-positives over innocuous statements or not encompassing enough to be worthwhile.

  13. #73

    Re: Non Battle.net Accounts offline on November 12th

    if i remember correctly i saw a post somewhere, i think it was even on the frontpage here on mmo champion, and wasn't it possible to add friends that also merged their accounts to battle.net to talk across servers, even other games in wow? or am i mistaken or have this not been added yet?
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ravencrest&cn=Haesten

  14. #74

    Re: Non Battle.net Accounts offline on November 12th

    Cant verify my account name :@ WoW one.
    When We Ride Our Enemies..

  15. #75

    Re: Non Battle.net Accounts offline on November 12th

    Quote Originally Posted by Skoro
    Nobody seems concerned with the real issue here: Pengu won't have red eyes anymore!
    This is the main topic of the news guys.
    Why the heck are you discussing this pointless to Merge or not to Merge?
    Just merge and be happy. And save your QQ for the Red Pengu Eyes!

  16. #76
    My bans cleave. Dinnerbone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Somewhere in England. I'm not too sure.
    Posts
    3,331

    Re: Non Battle.net Accounts offline on November 12th

    Quote Originally Posted by Dart Matsuraki
    Interesting... I live in the US and it directed me to the EU one... hmmm
    IP geolocation is very unreliable. You get an option to change the country on the first step of the sign up process, so it shouldn't really be an issue if you sign up using the wrong URL (Though I may be wrong, not tested ;D)
    Join us on the official MMO-Champion IRC channel!
    #mmo-champion of irc.quakenet.org or click here if you have no idea what I'm talking about.

  17. #77
    Dreadlord Nirron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    958

    Re: Non Battle.net Accounts offline on November 12th

    Do not get why people are so against merging their accounts. Just do it.

  18. #78

    Re: Non Battle.net Accounts offline on November 12th

    Quote Originally Posted by Nirron
    Do not get why people are so against merging their accounts. Just do it.
    i heard u get hacked in that place -.-

  19. #79

    Re: Non Battle.net Accounts offline on November 12th

    Given there were quite a few pages of posts, was this in eu or us? and anyone know what happens if you already have merged your accout? Still get the pet?

    *edit* ok had some time and looked back in the post, all my questions answered *bows before Dinnerbone*

  20. #80
    My bans cleave. Dinnerbone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Somewhere in England. I'm not too sure.
    Posts
    3,331

    Re: Non Battle.net Accounts offline on November 12th

    Quote Originally Posted by Itsdarkandcoldoutside
    Given there were quite a few pages of posts, was this in eu or us?
    Both.
    Quote Originally Posted by Itsdarkandcoldoutside
    and anyone know what happens if you already have merged your accout? Still get the pet?
    Yes.
    Join us on the official MMO-Champion IRC channel!
    #mmo-champion of irc.quakenet.org or click here if you have no idea what I'm talking about.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •