Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Non Battle.net Accounts offline on November 12th

Damn you are fast Dinner :P I made that post started to look back and within a couple min found you giving all the info I edit my post and you had answered me again

Quote Originally Posted by Nirron
    Do not get why people are so against merging their accounts. Just do it.
    :

How you cannot get it?

I DO NOT WANT that my username is actualy my email!

Can you get it now?

On top of that "the most important email char = @" is a bitch to type in.

So that means there are 2 factors. Convenience factor (typing @) and security factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Puntar
    :

How you cannot get it?

Can you get it now?
    In that case, create an e-mail account that you will only use specifically for WoW or Blizzard games. Problem solved.

Use a different email address.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by rat
    Why?

No, seriously, why?

Can you give me even one good reason?
    Chuck Norris once bowled a 300. Without a ball. He wasn't even in a bowling alley.

I happened to like Pengu's scary red eyes.

Merging my World of Warcraft account with a newly created Battlenet account wasn't an issue at all for me. I easily did it months ago when Blizzard suggested to do it.

:

How you cannot get it?

Can you get it now?

So that means there are 2 factors. Convenience factor (typing @) and security factor.
    So cancel your account and leave instead of having to hold shift and press a key. Shun the new features and benefits of upgrading because you're concerned that you're going to do something irresponsible with your account.

Getting hacked:
    Phishing: Doesn't matter if it's your email or WoW Account, they have either one and can log in to your account.
    Keylogging: Doesn't matter if it's your email or WoW Account, they have either one and can log in to your account.
    Guessing: Use a more secure password.
    Brute forcing: Use a more secure password, the time and resources that would go into this would never be made up for in the stuff they'd get from your account, which is why you shouldn't even be worrying about this if you're not being irresponsible with your security already, which would then negate your claim that it's a security risk since you're already putting yourself at risk on your own accord.

So please enlighten us about this massive security risk that's not dependent on the user being irresponsible.

Uhm haven't searched super hard but just wondering how does it work when you merge mo than one account? since you use the Battle.net account to logg in to WoW how does it know which account to logg in on?
    Do not trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
    God's in his heaven. All's right with the world.

Deleted

:

How you cannot get it?

Can you get it now?

Convenience factor: Check the "remember my username" box.
    Security factor: Someone simply knowing your email cannot do any harm. The worst case scenario is that they start sending you some phishing emails. You could, however, always use an alternate email or a subaddress, making it youremail+battlenetyay@example.org if you're extremely worried about people knowing the exact email you use.

Quote Originally Posted by BlazerWithTheLazer
    Uhm haven't searched super hard but just wondering how does it work when you merge mo than one account? since you use the Battle.net account to logg in to WoW how does it know which account to logg in on?
    A small select menu just before the character select screen. Very convenient

Quote Originally Posted by BlazerWithTheLazer
    You are presented with an option to choose which linked WoW account you want to log in to if you have multiple WoW accounts on a Battle.net account.

Quote Originally Posted by Marla
    What? They can't do this! They never said they were going to do this! They're forcing us to change to battle.net! Bastards!
    /sarcasm

(Right, now I've covered the whining. You guys can carry on with the positive comments. )
    Actually they said this a long time ago, and it's in the "agreement"you click yes to when installing LichKing.

So shouldn't you be impersonating something else?
    I wanna go back to my trainer and learn a new spell in the next expansion! And we all need to be able to fly from day 1 ! (And fly over the Exodar and Silvermoon on our own mounts!)

Quote Originally Posted by Cutebutdeadly
    Only problem is, not everyone in world of warcraft reads forums. I can see that every noob on the planet will think they got banned in November.
    It will be on the launcher and login screen soon enough.
    I wanna go back to my trainer and learn a new spell in the next expansion! And we all need to be able to fly from day 1 ! (And fly over the Exodar and Silvermoon on our own mounts!)

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Penguins are evil and are trying to take over the planet.
    It is true they r teaming up with the bunnies to be the cutest / evilest power in the worl d more evil then HITLER!

Do I get a penguin if I already have merged my account? I hope I do! Otherwise I'll get really mad!

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Do I get a penguin if I already have merged my account? I hope I do! Otherwise I'll get really mad!
    Yes, that's in the first post and has been answered a half dozen times in the thread.
    Q: How can I obtain the penguin pet?
    A: Once you’ve successfully merged a World of Warcraft account with a Battle.net account, the penguin pet will be sent via in-game mail to all existing characters on the merged World of Warcraft account, along with all future characters on that World of Warcraft account. Players who merged previously will also receive the pet this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Eversor
    You agreed to switch to single Battle.net account at any time Blizzard chooses to tell you so each time after the patch, when you click "accept" on the terms of service. They don't need any more reasoning for demanding it.
    Learn to read will you please - he was asking someone WHY they didn't want to merge.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Yes. The pet is basically a "Thanks for merging when we asked you to!" The only people who won't get the pet are those who wait and do it long after the old accounts are cut off.

Quote Originally Posted by Yizren
    why blizzard, 99% of wow players dont want to merge, me being one, its pointless
    Then you are stupid. I haven't had a single problem before or after I merged my account to Battle.net already several months ago. Well enjoy your unability to log in game :P

Quote Originally Posted by Yizren
    why blizzard, 99% of wow players dont want to merge, me being one, its pointless
    95% of statistics used on forums are made up by their authors, myself included.

That pet name is just awesome btw.

I don't understand whiners though... you can create + merge under 5 minutes and you get free authenticator for account and one login for every blizz game, but some ppl of course have to QQ like they're loosing hand...

btw. people, Battle.net is rather win, see?