Quote Originally Posted by Zamoria
    Stupid question but... just HOW do you merge them? oO
    You go to google and type: battlenet

then the first link should be to http://www.battle.net/

Click that.

Then click on the "Create or Manage a Battle.net Account" link
    On the next page click 'sign up now'
    Then follow the prompts.

The email address you give them must be real, AND it will be the one you use for login in the future (instead of your account name).

Once you login to your new battlenet account, you can enter your wow account information and the wow account will be merged with battlenet.

If you buy new games you can merge them here as well.

And you use the same login in all your blizzard games.

(Makes it easier for the hackers ;-)
    I wanna go back to my trainer and learn a new spell in the next expansion! And we all need to be able to fly from day 1 ! (And fly over the Exodar and Silvermoon on our own mounts!)

Re: Non Battle.net Accounts offline on November 12th

Quote Originally Posted by Puntar
    So that means there are 2 factors. Convenience factor (typing @) and security factor.
    Step 1: Create a new email.
    Step 2: Link account.
    Step 3: 'Remember login' option.
    Step 4: There is no step 4.

Battle.net lets you register for betas, download all your old blizz games online, access Blizz store directly. Laaaaaaazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    btw. people, Battle.net is rather win, see?

Yeah, its easier for a hacker, they only need to steal one password.
    Its easier for blizzard since you give them the right to monitor all your communication to ban you in all your games if you do something wrong in one of them. ("We will never allow you to transfer to a PvP server" ;-) )

I wanna go back to my trainer and learn a new spell in the next expansion! And we all need to be able to fly from day 1 ! (And fly over the Exodar and Silvermoon on our own mounts!)

Wtf...his red eyes weren't scary, and they fit my moonkin perfect.

Now i have a freakish eye popping penguin...wtf

Quote Originally Posted by Alorn
    Quick question, no flame please, will this pet be available to EU players as well? (sorry if I missed it anywhere in the already existing posts about this topic)
    People who subscribed to the Blizzcon internet event got the grunt pet on ALL of their merged wow accounts, so if you had accounts in Europe and American you got it on all.

So presumably this is going to be the same here.

Quote Originally Posted by Pumps
    Because they people hacking WoW accounts have a major interest in other games. (Also, those games can't be logged in to with the Battle.net account, they still use the old Battle.net, not the current log in.)
    Its easier for blizzard since you give them the right to monitor all your communication to ban you in all your games if you do something wrong in one of them.
    They already do that. They log all chat already, there is nothing different. Also, maybe you shouldn't be doing something against the ToS, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Tural
    You are presented with an option to choose which linked WoW account you want to log in to if you have multiple WoW accounts on a Battle.net account.
    hmm does this mean I can't be logged in on both at the same time anymore? do I have to get 2 BN accounts for that?
    Do not trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
    God's in his heaven. All's right with the world.

9/10 people uses the same password for their email and WoW

If you think Battle.net makes it less secure than before, you're just blind and ignorant. (And I got a authenticator, since it was so cheap I didn't see a reason not to)

Quote Originally Posted by BlazerWithTheLazer
    hmm does this mean I can't be logged in on both at the same time anymore? do I have to get 2 BN accounts for that?
    You can be on multiple accounts, run two copies of the game, log in, and select the two different WoW accounts, one per game client.

15+ Year Old Account

I liked Pengu the way he was. Demon eyes and all!

Its easier for blizzard since you give them the right to monitor all your communication to ban you in all your games if you do something wrong in one of them. ("We will never allow you to transfer to a PvP server" ;-) )

Sure, but if you have an un-merged account, and they manage to get your password, they can merge it to their own battle.net acct, and it'll be that much harder to get control of your acct back.
    You will find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkle
    Also money? You're a tool. You're not paying anymore than you're already paying for your subscription. From what I've seen, Battle.net will be an incredible tool, it's a community tool. It will link all Blizzard games simultaneously, allowing you to actually chat with others on Battle.net, even if you're playing Starcraft II in the middle of a scrim match and your friend is raiding Blackwing Descent with their guild. It's going to be truly awesome. It's like Steam for Blizzard without the stupid program. Think of your Battle.net account as a skeleton key to all your games, instead of three to four logins, you have one master login that's linked to all your Blizzard games.
    One of the smartest posts I've seen so far..
    Like the phoenix, rising from the flames...so shall this epic journey unfold as we discover our ancient future and craft legends through fire & flight. This is a night of transcendance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    We've killed Old Gods, Corrupted Dragon Flights, The Burning Legion and even killed one of their leaders (archimonde)..

But hey.. watch out for those zombies.. they bite.

What? I have no idea is my account merged to battle.net or not, I guess I'll find out on november 12th then <.<

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by BlazerWithTheLazer
    You can log on to the same battle.net multiple times simultaneously, but not the same WoW account. It makes multiboxing easier

Quote Originally Posted by Daelos
    What? I have no idea is my account merged to battle.net or not, I guess I'll find out on november 12th then <.<
    Do you login using an email ("Daelos@example.com") or a username ("Daelos")?
    If a email: You're merged.
    If a basic username: You're not merged.

You realize that most passwords are just given away by their owners by actions like:
    - buying gold (give us your password and we will give you 5% more gold!)
    - buying powerleveling (100% SAFE!!!)
    - sending to gs email (use this form and you will get GM rights! this movie is a proof!)
    - downloading trojaned addons from some site because they cba to use popular portal

Let's face it, many ppl are just too *intelligent* to not get "hacked".

Quote Originally Posted by Zalamander
    Becuse battle.net is theire new gaming platform (community so to say) where you will have all friends and can chat with them
    Assuming you have any.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalamander
    whatever Blizzard game they are currently playing etc, and only idiots would not want to merge. So Blizzard are giving them a hand the hard way.
    And people who are not sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    9/10 people uses the same password for their email and WoW
    Well not being an idiot, I don't.

If you think Battle.net makes it less secure than before, you're just blind and ignorant.[/quote]

Yay, personal attacks because you know you haven't got a case.

Because they people hacking WoW accounts have a major interest in other games.
    The "other games" would be your other wow accounts. If you have 2, 3 or 10 wow accounts you use the same login for all of them.
    And for all future games, like diablo 3 and starcraft 2 and what comes after.

(Also, those games can't be logged in to with the Battle.net account, they still use the old Battle.net, not the current log in.)They already do that. They log all chat already, there is nothing different. Also, maybe you shouldn't be doing something against the ToS, eh?
    If I do something and its against the tos, then the tos is amoral and wrong (since I don't do wrong things) - and its not their job to snoop.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravasha
    Was planning to merge a while ago. Did not do this, because I then had to log in with my e-mail. I think that sucks.
    On the plus side you only have to enter the one email and check to remember the login, even if you have more than one account.

Quote Originally Posted by Draqson
    so now after 2years the bad decision i made catches up to me...

i took a fake E-Mail to prevent spammails... and i just CANT log to Battlenet-account... im f**ked...
    well i wanted to stop WoW anyway.............................................-.-
    Just make a new account

Also money? You're a tool. You're not paying anymore than you're already paying for your subscription.
    For now. Its not free to make this.

From what I've seen, Battle.net will be an incredible tool, it's a community tool. It will link all Blizzard games simultaneously, allowing you to actually chat with others on Battle.net,
    There are nobody on Battle.net I wish to talk to, they just call you tool and act like the insulting people teenagers usually are.

even if you're playing Starcraft II in the middle of a scrim match and your friend is raiding Blackwing Descent with their guild. It's going to be truly awesome. It's like Steam for Blizzard without the stupid program. Think of your Battle.net account as a skeleton key to all your games, instead of three to four logins, you have one master login that's linked to all your Blizzard games.
    Much easier to hack. Of course there doesn't seem to be anything which prevents you from making 4 battlenet accounts for 4 different games

a) Most likely you got an email with your account name in in your inbox somewhere, even if you don't use battle.net
    b) You signed up for a guild forum, or several for sure. Perhaps some other forums, related to other games, with that email
    c) Most people, including you, are keen to re-use the same password everywhere
    d) As in c), that goes for WoW too

e) You sign up for my guild, I steal your account. Simple, and easy.

Battle.net does not prevent or make this easier. But I'd vote the Battle.net login system for more secure in general.

- Thinking you know more than Blizzard about security is stupid.
    - Thinking you know more than Blizzard about XSS attacks, or web/email scams is also stupid.

In reality: You don't want to know how easy it is to get your personal information, because if you did, you would lock yourself into your house, and cut all wires to the outside world.

We're that scary!

For now. Its not free to make this.
    I think they said that at some point we wouldnt pay a wow subscription anymore we would just pay a battle.net subscription and that would work for all their games.