Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Non Battle.net Accounts offline on November 12th

Why do I feel like the people who are bitching about merging are the same folks who listen to Glen Beck.

Quote Originally Posted by Itsdarkandcoldoutside
    I think they said that at some point we wouldnt pay a wow subscription anymore we would just pay a battle.net subscription and that would work for all their games.
    15$ a month for all games with b.net

/orgasm
    Gear = Skill, didn't you guys get the memo?

10+ Year Old Account

So anyone know where this blue post came form?

(its link)

Quote Originally Posted by Pumps
    And people who are not sheep.
    If I do something and its against the tos, then the tos is amoral and wrong (since I don't do wrong things) - and its not their job to snoop.
    First point, You play WoW...
    Second, Yes it is. Their game, you pay them, you agree to it. If you don't like contracts, don't play.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    In reality: You don't want to know how easy it is to get your personal information, because if you did, you would lock yourself into your house, and cut all wires to the outside world.

We're that scary!
    Hi Claus Jørgensen!

OMG Chilly is back!!! I missed him so much since the Beta. He was my favorite pet. He always looked so happy and lovable.

Seriously guys? Why is battle.net any easier to hack? If you were honestly concerned about that, you'd have an authenticator anyway. Guess what, you can't get into battle.net without the authenticator any more than you can log into WoW. If anything Battle.Net accounts over more security, because any time a hack has been made you can change the e-mail linked to the account to whatever you want. Assuming your computer is clean, that means any previous hackers now have no idea what your login is..

Do not use the same password for your email and your battle.net account.
    Get an authenticator.
    Change your linked email if any hack attempt has been made.
    Make an actual attempt to keep your computer safe.
    Profit.

Oh yeah. Get an authenticator already. Seriously.

Lame

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef
    So anyone know where this blue post came form?

(its link)
    This is from http://eu.battle.net/faq/index.html but apparently it doesnt appear everytime you refresh ... They probably pushed it on only one server or something.

hmmm im gonna feel " special " for having a pengiun pet? NOPE, altho i already have a battle.net account for a " special reward " it doesnt seem that great. considering you can just go and get revered with ?? faction and get the Pengu.

i think this is idd wrong of blizzard to force there customers into making a battle.net account & is pointless makin a battle.net account if you only have 1 account!. blizzard shouldnt be alowed to force there customers into merging accounts especally for a frickin penguin because they will lose ALOT of players if they dont have a choice. ( those players that DONT wanna merge )..

all in all

A TREMENDOUS WASTE OF TIME !

Really nice work blizz, making Account with 50% protection that´s nice. Remember me for some Advertisment:

Wanna play WoW ? Wanna Security ? Merge your Acc (Not hacked since 3 years) and get your 50% less protection ? ...
    Dude wanna 100% ? Pay for stupid Authenticator (fail as hell)+(more money for blizz) and secure your acc NOW !!! (Really stupid after 3 years totally)

GET YOUR MERGE B-NET ACCOUNT NOW !!! AND YOU WILL RECEIVE A PET !!! WOOW

and you can now be save, your account is Heavy guarded by Penguin !!! (sigh) or Really (with authenticator , double sigh ...) and you can wait for new content (im borred since ToC come and we one-shoot bosses ... that was H A R D) and waiting for you day ... where you will be the one of the most ... HACKED (Really nice episode for dude´s that don´t know, how stupid is being hacked ... and waiting for receiving instructions ... bla bla (Allready 20 friends of mine, was hacked ...)

Nice that i haven´t activated the next month of WoW (That was really good plan) and now i can F... WoW finally.

Sorry for crappy english

Thank you Boub! I was so worried I'd miss out on that awesome pet because I had merged early! Was worriedly scanning through the posts till I saw your explanation <3

And as for merging with bnet, its a good idea. It doesn't cost any extra and having to log in with your email isn't a problem since the acct name can be saved so you only have to type your password in anyway. Plus it is what will enable us to chat with friends on different realms and games while we play. Now that is awesome.
    Why do people with closed minds always have open mouths?

Quote Originally Posted by Isoz
    hmmm im gonna feel " special " for having a pengiun pet? NOPE, altho i already have a battle.net account for a " special reward " it doesnt seem that great. considering you can just go and get revered with ?? faction and get the Pengu.

i think this is idd wrong of blizzard to force there customers into making a battle.net account & is pointless makin a battle.net account if you only have 1 account!. blizzard shouldnt be alowed to force there customers into merging accounts especally for a frickin penguin because they will lose ALOT of players if they dont have a choice. ( those players that DONT wanna merge )..

all in all

Here's the thing. There's no reason NOT to merge. those who don't want to merge are either lazy because they don't want to take the time to do it, or are too scared of having their email as their log-in. You have absolutely nothing to worry about.

blizzard shouldnt be alowed to force there customers into merging accounts
    Actually, You are using their intellectual property. You don't own your WoW account, you're technically renting it, and if you want to keep playing WoW or any of blizzard's other games, you'll agree to these changes. You agree to the fact that blizzard can do anything they want to your account the moment you hit that "Accept" button that you see when you first create your account and EVERY time a new patch drops.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Teestala
    15$ a month for all games with b.net

/orgasm
    Well, considering neither Diablo 3 nor Starcraft 2 will cost a monthly fee (or so I assume), it's no big deal I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by exzi
    Really nice work blizz, making Account with 50% protection that´s nice. Remember me for some Advertisment:

Wanna play WoW ? Wanna Security ? Merge your Acc (Not hacked since 3 years) and get your 50% less protection ? ...
    Dude wanna 100% ? Pay for stupid Authenticator (fail as hell)+(more money for blizz) and secure your acc NOW !!! (Really stupid after 3 years totally)

GET YOUR MERGE B-NET ACCOUNT NOW !!! AND YOU WILL RECEIVE A PET !!! WOOW

and you can now be save, your account is Heavy guarded by Penguin !!! (sigh) or Really (with authenticator , double sigh ...) and you can wait for new content (im borred since ToC come and we one-shoot bosses ... that was H A R D) and waiting for you day ... where you will be the one of the most ... HACKED (Really nice episode for dude´s that don´t know, how stupid is being hacked ... and waiting for receiving instructions ... bla bla (Allready 20 friends of mine, was hacked ...)

Nice that i haven´t activated the next month of WoW (That was really good plan) and now i can F... WoW finally.

Sorry for crappy english
    Can I have your stuff?

Deleted

You quote "special" as though the pet was advertised as the selling point of Battle.net. The word "special" appears nowhere on battle.net in regards to the pet, and the pet is only for players as a thanks for listening to them, merging when they were asked to and not quitting because you think the system is bad and coming back months later. In short, it's a thanks for not doing exactly what you're doing right now.

all in all

If you consider 5 minutes to fill out a form, wait for two emails and click on a link a "TREMENDOUS WASTE OF TIME", think of the amount of time Blizzard will be spending to support a legacy (old) login system. They will be wasting resources that I'm sure would otherwise be spent making bosses hard, epics epic and nerfing that class that keeps beating you.

10+ Year Old Account

If you don't want to merge, you are being a stupid retard.

"I don't wanna merge waaaaaaaahhhhhh!!"

"I don't wanna listen to my mom when she tells me to clean my room, waaaaaaaahhhhh!!!"

Look here little kid, Do what you are told.
    "I don't agree with you on that, I'm going to have to check Google." -Martin, Role Models.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Yizren
    why blizzard, 99% of wow players dont want to merge, me being one, its pointless
    think about it this way. everyone has wanted cross faction heirloom items, collectors pets, card game items. this is a nice and i believe only way to have blizzard allow these types of items cross faction. other than that the security is better and all your blizzard games will now be merged as well. to inlude a common chat between the games too.

10+ Year Old Account

why blizzard, 99% of wow players dont want to merge, me being one, its pointless
    74.35% of internet percents are fabricated.
    "I don't agree with you on that, I'm going to have to check Google." -Martin, Role Models.

And those of us who merged a week ago to get Grunty won't get this pet?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Drejjmit
    And those of us who merged a week ago to get Grunty won't get this pet?
    You will get the pet if you're already merged or will merge before the 12th.