Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Non Battle.net Accounts offline on November 12th

Thank christ I already merged mine ^^, I can predict all the servers crashing when a couple million people are spamming accept

awsum, no longer need to have 10 alts in friends list

The hell? I've already merged my account back when it was first available cause I knew it would eventually come to this. I didn't get no damn pet. Screw this BS. >

this changing to the battle.net acount is bullshit, people with a battle net acount got hacked in the past this is just a way of blizz to make more money cus you gotta buy an autenticating key.

gg blizz

Quote Originally Posted by lokna
    this changing to the battle.net acount is bullshit, people with a battle net acount got hacked in the past this is just a way of blizz to make more money cus you gotta buy an autenticating key.

gg blizz
    I have a merged account. I don't have an authenticator.

I cant login into battle.net, I just got the error message and a murloc with an "opps" flag.
    Creating a new account also resulted in the same error page.

I have cleaned cookies, cache or switch browser, just nothing interesting happens.

Does anyone have the same problem with me?
    Hello SPELL STEAL NERF ?
    Spell steal gives wings and Working As Intended

thanks for the information

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by coldviper18
    The hell? I've already merged my account back when it was first available cause I knew it would eventually come to this. I didn't get no damn pet. Screw this BS. >
    You get the pet as long as you merged before that date. If you have already merged, you still get the pet. The pet is just a "thanks for merging on time".

Quote Originally Posted by roflpot
    I notice there is actually quite a higher number of people in this thread who say they're quitting because of this.

Now just on this thread alone it has been more than 2%, but let's just say 2% quit because of this, that's a tens of thousands of subscription paying people they will lose.

Surely there has to be a better way of just making it optional, where by if you don't merge them you don't get any of the features?
    They could continue to make it optional like it currently is, but they would then be diverting resources away from other areas to maintain a bunch of legacy authentication servers. In doing so, maintenance times would be longer and those people who are apparently quitting because of this would instead be quitting because Blizzard are spending so long on server maintenance days that they can't take the wait.

Quote Originally Posted by lektroluv666
    When will we be able to get the pet?
    Likely sometime just after the 12th.

Quote Originally Posted by good diu bro
    I cant login into battle.net, I just got the error message and a murloc with an "opps" flag.
    Creating a new account also resulted in the same error page.

I have cleaned cookies, cache or switch browser, just nothing interesting happens.

Does anyone have the same problem with me?
    yeah. i've successfully logged a couple of minutes ago, but now i have the same error as you. i think it's not ur personal problem, so it must be fixed soon

ya!!! thats great i have to switch to a battle.net account but the funny thing is i cant start one cause all i get is error msgs. what going to be even better is come nov 12 no one going to be able to play because as said before noobs dont read forums so nov 12 every noob is going to try to get a account which will crash the servers or slow down the servers to a crawl so if you want to play youll have to make sure your logged in on the 10 or before.

/rantoff
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Korialstrasz&cn=Volbeat. im a bad and ill be coming to a raid or a 5 man near you.

Quote Originally Posted by LanceDH
    Why oh why all the complaining?

- "Why ?? It's useless!"
    Prob because this is needed for the new Battle.net system that allows you to talk to players in other Blizzard games.

- "I don't want to use my e-mail everyone I know will know my account name!"
    Then create a new e-mail adress. I play on an e-mail adress made just for this.

- "But my e-mail as account name would be soo long and it wil lhave symbols in it."
    Theres a 'save account name' option for a reason.

- "This is stupid!"
    Get over it...

There simply is nothing bad about this, it just requires a bit of work and I guess that is why you get a pingu in return.
    This.
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

Quote Originally Posted by mfreak
    ya!!! thats great i have to switch to a battle.net account but the funny thing is i cant start one cause all i get is error msgs. what going to be even better is come nov 12 no one going to be able to play because as said before noobs dont read forums so nov 12 every noob is going to try to get a account which will crash the servers or slow down the servers to a crawl so if you want to play youll have to make sure your logged in on the 10 or before.

/rantoff
    Good. Less idiots in the game.

If you don't want to deal with it, then do it before the 12th so you don't have to deal with the busy servers on the BNet site.

The hell? I've already merged my account back when it was first available cause I knew it would eventually come to this. I didn't get no damn pet. Screw this BS.
    Seeing as the pet is being added in patch 3.3.......

The fact that this went 16 pages deep over something as tiny as merging your account speaks VOLUMES to how WoW players will bitch about anything at all they can get their hands on.

You people (who are whining after 16 pages) are fucking pathetic. Jesus.

If it aint broke, don't fix it.

Great excuse to quit the game, why the fuck do i want to bother to sign up for a crappy battlenet account when my current u: and pw: works PERFECT.

I don't.

Thnx.

Bye Bye Blizzard, you suck

Quote Originally Posted by Zalamander
    Becuse battle.net is theire new gaming platform (community so to say) where you will have all friends and can chat with them whatever Blizzard game they are currently playing etc, and only idiots would not want to merge. So Blizzard are giving them a hand the hard way.
    Sorry, know this is an earlier comment but I still wanted to respond.

I have already merged my account.... but if I had not, you would have instantly made me want to avoid it at all costs. My favorite part of this whole process is that the "Real ID" thing or whatever they have planned is slated to be entirely optional.

If I don't tell you the names of my alts, there is a reason for it. If I don't tell you my username on other games, there is a reason. I have no interested in this cross-game platform system they're setting up (I also thought Steam was a stupid idea, only barely tolerable because you could set it to offline mode). I understand that it makes sense from the developer's side, but I'm quite content to maintain different circles of friends and associates for every game I play. I find guilds tend to do better when they focus on a single game anyways.

On an unrelated note, I've not had any issues with my battle.net account. It's been just as fast, no downtime, and I've had no security issues.

Quote Originally Posted by bigblack23
    If it aint broke, don't fix it.

Great excuse to quit the game, why the fuck do i want to bother to sign up for a crappy battlenet account when my current u: and pw: works PERFECT.

I don't.

Thnx.

Bye Bye Blizzard, you suck
    Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out. Ignorance ftl.

The only reason why I didn't want to do this is because I don't want to log in with my email address.. my email is f'ing long. Anyone know if there's a way to still use your user name?

Being on battle.net does not make your account any easier to hack.. If you are the original owner of the account and have all the real original information your account can never be stolen. The only people who dislike this are buyers/sellers of wow accounts. Bnet is awesome and will be even better! People saying It's not broken don't fix it blah blah. The correct terminology would be "It's not perfect, lets make it better". Its like arguing with someone who wants to upgrade the gas mileage your car gets, for free, all you have to do is a fill out a 5-10 question sheet. I mean really? I for one enjoy my 15 MPG TBH FK HYBRIDS YO...................

Quote Originally Posted by zizimonster
    The only reason why I didn't want to do this is because I don't want to log in with my email address.. my email is f'ing long. Anyone know if there's a way to still use your user name?
    [x] remember username - or - get a shorter email adress for battlenet use