Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Non Battle.net Accounts offline on November 12th

It was a matter of time.

The only thing that really concerns me in this though, is that you REALLY SHOULD get yourself a blizz.authenticator for extra account security.

Currently, people need your acc name + password to log in.
    If you merge your acc with the battle.net acc, then they ONLY need to know your email, and password.
    Passwords are at times guessable, or brute forceable. Get the authenticator, you wont regret it.

Anyone else having a problem getting the confirmation email when you try and create a battle.net account before merging accounts?

EDIT: and please dont tell me to check spam =/

last time i merg one of my accounts with Battle net it i got hacked fuck u blizzard

I find it hilariously coincicdental that they are naming the penguins Oswald, when that is the name of the College Mascot. Oswald the Penguin. I must have this pet now.

Better to be safe than sorry. Better to be safe than sorry. Better to be safe than sorry. Better to be safe than sorry. Better to be safe than sorry. Better to be safe than sorry. Better to be safe than sorry. Better to be safe than sorry. Better to be safe than sorry. Better to be safe than sorry. Better to be safe than sorry. Better to be safe than sorry. Better to be safe than sorry. Better to be safe than sorry. Better to be safe than sorry. Better to be safe than sorry. Better to be safe than sorry. Better to be safe than sorry. Better to be safe than sorry. Better to be safe than sorry. Better to be safe than sorry.
    Anyway, it's basically Blizzard's version of Steam - community and gaming tool.

Shame I can't get the penguin, merged already >_>

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by PandarenBa
    Those merged before the actual date of the giveaway will still get the pet.
    Seems like a cool pet, rather wished that pandera monk would be given away, but better something then nothing.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by PandarenBa
    Everyone gets the pet who merges, or has already merged, before the 12th.

Merged already? You will get the pet.
    Planning on merging before the 12th? You will get the pet.
    Planning on merging after the 12th? You might not get the pet.

im a big fan of the battle.net concept they have going. the way they showed screenshots of communicating with players in other games, looked sick. Personally id prefer being able to contact someone by something other than real name. not only do i not know half of my guildies RL names, i dont really care to either.

HOWEVER, the ability to chat to other games, leads itself to being able to chat outside of game. Like steam. If im doing something, I'd like to be able to message someone without having to log into game to say "ill be 5 minutes late but ill be there" wasting time logging in kinda defeats the point of letting someone know Im hurrying to finish something else.

also, there may wind up being an iphone app or something for this. Which is really my ultimate goal. able to communicate status to people when you CANT be in game = win.

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Q: How can I obtain the penguin pet?
    A: Once you’ve successfully merged a World of Warcraft account with a Battle.net account, the penguin pet will be sent via in-game mail to all existing characters on the merged World of Warcraft account, along with all future characters on that World of Warcraft account. Players who merged previously will also receive the pet this way.
    For all those still wondering and don't bother reading.

( \_/ )
    ( >.< )
    ( /\__/\
    (>O.O<) ---- MeOW!!
    ~m__m

Just some handy tips for those encountering issues from a lurker on the WoW forums:

"I can't get the verification email"

Add NoReply@Battle.Net to your email contacts and then try again. Some email providers, most notably Hotmail, tend to have issues with this.

"I'm unable to connect on a merged account, but normal ones work fine"

1. You'll need to have TCP port 1119 open in order to log into WoW via Battle.Net (in addition to the port 3724 used by WoW normally). The company that makes your router/firewall or your network administrator (if on a campus network, etc) should be able to assist with this process.

2. Some antivirus programs, particularly TrendMicro Internet Security, will block Battle.Net login. Fix for US accounts- http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...30204744&sid=1

Other Antivirus programs should have similar configuration options to resolve these issues.

"I'm concerned about security"

Your account is only as secure as you are with your login information. This is a great time to take a few steps to make sure your information is safe.

1. Make sure you have at least one antivirus program and at least one antispyware/malware program. You can find many great, free programs with a simple internet search.

2. Update those programs to the latest version and be sure you have all updated definitions.

3. Disable System Restore (google those three words if you're not sure how) and run a full system scan with both programs

4. Create a new, unique email address for association with your Battle.Net account. Preferably one you're comfortable logging in with.

5. Obtain a Blizzard Authenticator (http://www.blizzard.com/store) or Battle.Net Mobile Authenticator (http://mobile.blizzard.com)

Hope that proves helpful
    Chiqaboom / Proudmoore-US

Quote Originally Posted by spidy05
    last time i merg one of my accounts with Battle net it i got hacked fuck u blizzard
    /sigh
    battle.net concept and service been there since ages.. I dare to say that b.net is much older than avg age of people who care to post all the negative "feedback" about it and cry crocodile tears how they were "hacked" because of any particular change to the gaming services Blizzard provides.

But if one were to ask what these people were doing in order to protect themselves from being "hacked," they'd quickly found out that Blizzard cannot be in any way resposible for general stupidity of that avg user that got their account compromised.

An example would be how my friend decided to have a "glimpse" at future wow on a private server or his friend which just decided to have a peekaboo at some goldseller site, which resulted in a week long account recovery for each of them.

I was bord....

Wanted to express my Views on this =/......

Quote Originally Posted by Swanny
    I was bord....

Wanted to express my Views on this =/......
    Could you elaborate on what your views are?

My subscription time has currently run out and I don't have plans to renew anytime soon, was planning on waiting for Cataclysm or some drastic changes that might make this game fun again... If I merge before the 12th would I still get the pets on all my characters? Or since mail only stays for 30 days would I lose it on my current players because I won't log in to get the mail.

Also, is it possible to un-merge the BN acct?.

Could you elaborate on what your views are?
    Well, obviously he sees the change as fail, while failing miserably with the way of "expressing" the view.

I don't see any reason not to like the change anyways. I didn't remember exact dates when b.net started, but one can watch b.net panel from BlizzCon 2009 where it says it was there since diablo1, that's 1996. So been there for awhile, can one really say it's fail ? When most of the games made by Blizzard were provided matchmaking system through Battle.net, and when there's more palyers on Battle.net than on WoW ( 12 million vs 11.5 )

Considering the amount of people playing , one should expect some problems - people not being able to log in for some time, etc.
    As a matter of fact i was surprized when WoW was realeased and it didn't support Battle.net, then again WoW is not free to play, so that's the main reason

To all the people that think that Blizzard is making so much money by "selling" the authenticator to its subscribers, I hate to tell you but you are sadly mistaken. If anything they are losing money on the actual item. The savings comes from less man hours devoted to dealing with people that have had their accounts hacked.

My company uses RSA Authenticators in order to log onto our servers from a remote location. These authenticators are very similar to the blizzard authenticator in that it gives a random code that is changed every 30 seconds or so. Well these authenticators cost my company around 20 dollars a piece. I know this since we had to put down a deposit to be able to have one. In the event that we lose it.

Also I feel that the Blizz authenticator is the single best thing that you can do to guard your accounts security. Pretty much the only way you can get hacked is if the hacker can convince Blizz CS to remove it from your account, or if the hacker breaks into your house and physically steals your authenticator. I have so much faith in the authenticator, that I have just went to a simple password that is quick to type in. To me it is the deal of the day at only 6 bucks!

;D
    Quote Originally Posted by Corpsereaver
    Barani you are the only Hunter for me. <3

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Update October 11th - Apparently the FAQ was removed today ... I guess we'll hear more about this during the week ...
    Not if you go to http://kr.battle.net/faq/index.html?locale=en_GB

Quote Originally Posted by ambivalence
    Also, is it possible to un-merge the BN acct?.
    No, the merge is final. I just merged my account, and it seems to work just fine.

Just wanted to know is this fair dinkum? I would have thought Blizzard would have contacted account holders first, before simply cutting us off. I don't have a problem doing it IF I have to, but just want to know.

Also, the guys that have had negative exsperiance with B/net, what were/are some of the issues please? And don't go all emmo about it and cuss all over, just say what the problem is, so I can make an informed desigion about this.

as far as the authenticator,

Quote Originally Posted by Chiquihuite

5. Obtain a Blizzard Authenticator (http://www.blizzard.com/store) or Battle.Net Mobile Authenticator (http://mobile.blizzard.com)

Hope that proves helpful
    How do you get one? I am Australian, and everytime I log into Blizzshop, they are "sold-out" have benn for nearly a year. happy to pat the $6 + postage etc, just can't get it.

thanks...