Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted

Re: Non Battle.net Accounts offline on November 12th

Quote Originally Posted by Tolly
    Just wanted to know is this fair dinkum? I would have thought Blizzard would have contacted account holders first, before simply cutting us off. I don't have a problem doing it IF I have to, but just want to know.
    It's all fair. They're not cutting you off, just temporarily preventing you from playing until you fill in an easy form to swap your account over to their new service. And there has been advanced warning for a few months now, I think the first confirmation that it was to be mandatory was back in August in an interview, and there will very likely be notice on the WoW homepage + ingame news closer to the date for those who were cut-off from Blizzcon and related news. Plus, there's always this saviour clause that you agreed to every time you patch up:

Originally Posted by http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/legal/eula.html

Termination.
    This License Agreement is effective until terminated. You may terminate the License Agreement at any time by (i) permanently destroying all copies of the Game in your possession or control; (ii) removing the Game Client from your hard drive; and (iii) notifying Blizzard of your intention to terminate this License Agreement. Blizzard may terminate this Agreement at any time for any reason or no reason. Upon termination for any reason, all licenses granted herein shall immediately terminate and you must immediately and permanently destroy all copies of the Game in your possession and control and remove the Game Client from your hard drive.

If I already merged my account does that mean I don't get the pet period? >

And I for one welcome our new penguin overlords. I'd like to remind them that as a trusted world of warcraft personality, I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underwater fish traps.

Thanks heaps mate. I rarely read the forums and the like, just tooooooo much crap to read to get to anything relevant. BUT... I will make more effort. a in-game friend told me about these forums, so I have joined up to "Try" and be more up-to-date.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinnerbone
    Plus, there's always this saviour clause that you agreed to every time you patch up:

LOL, as if anyone reads them.....there's WoW to be had

Originally Posted by http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/legal/eula.html

Lastly, have you heard or know of any problems to support some of the claims?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by thundaheart
    If I already merged my account does that mean I don't get the pet period? >
    I've answered this too many times that I've now decided to make a very simple flowchart to help. If you can't read the flowchart, there's a handy guide here

Quote Originally Posted by Tolly
    Lastly, have you heard or know of any problems to support some of the claims?
    When the service was first introduced, there were issues with people logging on now and again, but as far as I know it's all fine now.

Stood in the Fire NefariousNinja's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Very nice, Dinnerbone you're awesome. 8)

Thank you Mr Bone!

Not amount of logic or wishing is going to change this.
    It would appear Steam makes too much effin money for Valve, so 10 million subscribers isn't enough for Blizzard.

I created a battle.net account and merged just a few moments ago.
    Now I have an easy email account name instead of my crazy and hard to guess name I've had since WoW's launch. Makes sense... ???

Nice thing is, so far no crappy-ass client that has to load, update, restart then take it's time openning your game.

This is actually a big issue, have some of you seen the rights that blizzard are taking when u create a battle.net account? they have the right to search your computer.. so on.. its not good, and now they are "forcing" to us it.. :S

Quote Originally Posted by Zreo
    This is actually a big issue, have some of you seen the rights that blizzard are taking when u create a battle.net account? they have the right to search your computer.. so on.. its not good, and now they are "forcing" to us it.. :S
    your already allowing that when you press those 3 nice windows when you log into wow every new patch/fresh install

but i guess no1 reads that so
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ravencrest&cn=Haesten

LOL, for the failbots who think that this will increase hacking.. let me hold your hand here..

http://www.microsoft.com/protect/fra...ds/create.aspx

1. Think of a sentence that you will remember
    Example: "My son Aiden is three years old."
    2. Turn your sentence into a password
    Use the first letter of each word of your memorable sentence to create a string, in this case: "msaityo".
    3. Add complexity to your password or pass phrase
    Mix uppercase and lowercase letters and numbers. Introduce intentional misspellings.
    For example, in the sentence above, you might substitute the number 3 for the word "three", so a password might be "MsAi3yo".
    4. Substitute some special characters
    Use symbols that look like letters, combine words, or replace letters with numbers to make the password complex.
    Using these strategies, you might end up with the password "M$8ni3y0."
    5. Test your new password with Password Checker
    Password Checker evaluates your password's strength as you type.
    6. Keep your password a secret
    Treat your passwords with as much care as the information that they protect. For more information, see 5 tips to help keep your passwords secret.

It's disappointing when you have to link a Microsoft website to help you nubz0rz figure out how to not use dictionary passwords..

Tune in next week when I show you how to use ImageFap so you don't get virii/keyloggers while looking for a quick and easy way to pound out some knucklechildren.
    ,-{$$}
    ,-{QQ}
    \)___ :'(
    ) >> \\
    ^- Us.
    ^- Blizz.

Hm...

Now either I sell my account or bind it for the chance that I might still buy Cat...

LIkely that half, or more, of the people who're claiming that they'll quit the game over this ... actually won't quit.
    Just like every patch.
    Just like every nerf/buff.
    Just like everything else in this game that people threaten to quit the game over.

They'll maybe not play the day the patch/change comes out. They'll kick it around the day after. But we all know that you keep playing. But just like all the Deathknights who whined about 3.1, every single one of them that I know of still plays. A lot. And don't even remember about the changes to their skills that were made that they threatened to quit over.

The new Battle.net accounts are actually quite convenient. I started punching in all of my Blizzard CD keys to register my games to my name. It proved quite useful. Mostly because when I punched in my Starcraft CD Key (Just a standard Starcraft key; the version number on the disk is 1.00), it also gave me Brood Wars, which I had never bought.

Then once that's all done, you can download a client, which then installs the game without need of a disk. Quite handy.

As far as WoW goes...

To those complaining about security issues: There are none. Your password is your primary security. If someone else gets your password, it's your own fault. The only way someone can get your password is if you tell them somehow. This could be a friend you thought you could trust, a phishing scam, a keylogger... might not be intentional, but you still told them. There is the possibility of brute forcing, but that's so inefficient, it's not even funny. That is, if you're using a GOOD password.

If you're REALLY that concerned about security, make another email address just for this, and get an authenticator.

To those complaining about not getting the penguin pet for merging early: You DO get the penguin pet. It's stated in the OP, and has been stated several times throughout this thread. Geeze. Learn to read.

/End Rant

Seriously, though. I look forward to the battle.net cross-communication in WoW that this'll bring. I've been waiting for this.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Im gunna go with:

OMG ANOTHER PENGU PET!!!!!! SOOO CUUUTTTTEEEEEE!

Seriously, vanity pets bring out the weirdo in me ^_^ I can just see it now for th 100 pets achievement

[Pet hunter extrodinare] Collect 100 vanity pets
    Reward: Title - , Pet hunter extrodinare!

Cant wait!
    I am a human and I'm inside your head " " Not for long Human! " he laughed " I am a tactical MASTER! " he grabbed a knife and plunged it into his head " DIE NAO HUMAN... " " OMFG did you just stab yourself in the head?! that's F'ing awesome! "

Quote Originally Posted by Pitchkart
    LIkely that half, or more, of the people who're claiming that they'll quit the game over this ... actually won't quit.
    Just like every patch.
    Just like everything else in this game that people threaten to quit the game over.

They'll maybe not play the day the patch/change comes out. They'll kick it around the day after. But we all know that you keep playing. But just like all the Deathknights who whined about 3.1, every single one of them that I know of still plays. A lot. And don't even remember about the changes to their skills that were made that they threatened to quit over.

The new Battle.net accounts are actually quite convenient. I started punching in all of my Blizzard CD keys to register my games to my name. It proved quite useful. Mostly because when I punched in my Starcraft CD Key (Just a standard Starcraft key; the version number on the disk is 1.00), it also gave me Brood Wars, which I had never bought.

Then once that's all done, you can download a client, which then installs the game without need of a disk. Quite handy.

As far as WoW goes...

To those complaining about security issues: There are none. Your password is your primary security. If someone else gets your password, it's your own fault. The only way someone can get your password is if you tell them somehow. This could be a friend you thought you could trust, a phishing scam, a keylogger... might not be intentional, but you still told them. There is the possibility of brute forcing, but that's so inefficient, it's not even funny. That is, if you're using a GOOD password.

If you're REALLY that concerned about security, make another email address just for this, and get an authenticator.

To those complaining about not getting the penguin pet for merging early: You DO get the penguin pet. It's stated in the OP, and has been stated several times throughout this thread. Geeze. Learn to read.

/End Rant

Seriously, though. I look forward to the battle.net cross-communication in WoW that this'll bring. I've been waiting for this.
    I quit I do not like the idea of battle net forced onto me, so I decided I won't fork over my cash to blizzard. May their bottom line hit red 8)

I only approve of this if they add another demon penguin with red eyes (and possible some other effects) to compensate for excorcising Pengu.

/sarcasm off

Seriously, battlenet login is really convenient for me as I have 2 accounts, and I can't see a valid reason, why it wouldn't be for others. If you don't like your email or don't wan't your main one as a login- change it.

As for other battle net functionallity, personally I cannot wait for cross-realm/faction/alt chat (and therefore cross-realm dungeons). I suppose as long as they implement a way to hide your online status ( when you want to slack off with your alt without being disturbed) there are no side effects either.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitchkart
    Just like every patch.

As far as WoW goes...

/End Rant

Amen to that ...

If a person realy decides to quit for a small thing like this, then I think the WoW playerbase is glad to be rid of you.
    If you complain about this, then I don't want to hear you if you wipe in a raid.

This thing is just as safe as your current WoW account information. You might say that people who know your e-mail = they know your account name .... An e-mail adress is free people, just make a new one that noone knows of.
    And your password? .... Don't use existing words and add numbers, it can't be any safer.

Quote Originally Posted by Elvaz
    I quit I do not like the idea of battle net forced onto me, so I decided I won't fork over my cash to blizzard. May their bottom line hit red 8)
    ...And why on earth Not?

It's as easy as registering for a bloody Internet forum. You're quitting over nothing.

God's sake people...

Quote Originally Posted by Elvaz
    Yes, that's exactly what's going to happen. Your $15 a month is the only thing keeping a company worth as much as Blizzard from falling apart. I mean, think of all the Blizzard employees and their families, who will have to go hungry tonight, just so you could hang on to your principles.

:
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

STOP WHINING AND TAKE YOUR 5 MINUTES TO MERGE WITH BATTLE.NET AND BE HAPPY YOU'RE GETTING A FREE PET.

If not, GTFO