Thread: Arcane mage

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Arcane mage

What's the rotation for arcane mage?

thx in advance

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Arcane mage

Pretty much just spam arcane blast to stack up to four, by then u have an 87% chance for missile barrage to be up, if not use arcane barrage. Rinseand repeat til things die. It willtake somegetting used to to know when to use ur CDs (presence of mind, arcane power, icy veins, images....)
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry_David
    "from injustise comes justise"

-huangzhong9

1. cast arcane blast four times.

2. cast arcane missiles, ONLY if missile barrage has proc'd.
    2. cast arcane barrage if missile barrage has not proc'd yet.

3. see step 1.

Pro Tip.

If you have the mana, go for broke and cast more ABs.
    When you use trinkets or AP just spam AB if you can afford the mana consumption to maximize your DPS.

It's honestly not as mind numbingly boring as some will pretend it is because you can do another 500 to 800 DPS if your smart about it and end the fight at <5% mana.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account

4 x Arcane blast.

Arcane missiles.

4 x Arcane blast

Arcane missilies.

4 x Arcane blast.

Arcane missiles.

4 x Arcane blast

Arcane missilies.

NEVER use Arcane Barrage in your stationary(meaning standing still and pew pewing) rotation EVER.

(this is what makes Arcane rotation probably THE most boring play style ever these days).

Quote Originally Posted by Exera
    NEVER use Arcane Barrage in your stationary(meaning standing still and pew pewing) rotation EVER.
    QFT.

There's a lot more cooldown and mana management that people seem to forget when they talk about how boring Arcane is. I for one think its boring as hell to spam FB with all my extremities crossed for a HS proc. To each his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Exera
    4 x Arcane blast.

Arcane missiles.

4 x Arcane blast

Arcane missilies.

4 x Arcane blast.

Arcane missiles.

4 x Arcane blast

Arcane missilies.

(this is what makes Arcane rotation probably THE most boring play style ever these days).
    I think you missed the last patch...

Quote Originally Posted by Rurikar
    Pro Tip.

If you have the mana, go for broke and cast more ABs.
    When you use trinkets or AP just spam AB if you can afford the mana consumption to maximize your DPS.

It's honestly not as mind numbingly boring as some will pretend it is because you can do another 500 to 800 DPS if your smart about it and end the fight at <5% mana.
    Pro tip indeed, do it like this and win.
    Winds of Creation, Daggerspine eu (8/8 25hc) is recruiting. Visit our webpage for more info.

Atm i have 29000 mana raid buffed (I dont have int trinket but atm im concidering it)

And my rotation is following: (AB = Arcane Blast)

1. Cast 4 AB
    2. Use mirrors, AP, Icy veins and spam AB
    3. Use mana gem and spam AB untill you are OOM
    4. By now you will have MB proc so use AM
    5. Evo
    6. Cast 4 AB
    7. Cast AM (if MB proc, if not Arcane Barr)
    8. Cast 4 AB
    9. Cast AM (if MB proc, if not Arcane Barr)

Some people will say that spamming AB at start is useless. Well with evo on 2.4 sec CD and I have almost 800 haste (have 770 nonebuffed and then Talisman of Volatile Power (Item Level 232) give me over 800) so I always get full evo it will get you alot of dps in short time and with mirrors you shoud'nt take aggro. Using this im at a steady 14k dps at start and after first evo I do steady 8k dps thru the fight.

Also if you are in a guild that use Heroism/Bloodlust after a while instead of the start you can repeat the first 1-4 to quicly kill the boss and your guild will love you when they see you mastered the TOP of damage/dps meters.
    Apocalypsee 80 Gnome Mage Arcane!!!!

My Mage. Check and feel envy!

Since they hotfixed the missile barrage proc delay bug, arcane barrage is no longer part of any optimal rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Aristodemos87
    I think you missed the last patch...
    Why, what's changed? I've been told that throwing in a barrage at the end is a dps loss, I didn't find much dps difference when I tested it myself but then it wasn't very vigorous testing. Elaborate?

necro much?

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypsee
    Atm i have 29000 mana raid buffed (I dont have int trinket but atm im concidering it)

And my rotation is following: (AB = Arcane Blast)

1. Cast 4 AB
    2. Use mirrors, AP, Icy veins and spam AB
    3. Use mana gem and spam AB untill you are OOM
    4. By now you will have MB proc so use AM
    5. Evo
    6. Cast 4 AB
    7. Cast AM (if MB proc, if not Arcane Barr)
    8. Cast 4 AB
    9. Cast AM (if MB proc, if not Arcane Barr)

Some people will say that spamming AB at start is useless. Well with evo on 2.4 sec CD and I have almost 800 haste (have 770 nonebuffed and then Talisman of Volatile Power (Item Level 232) give me over 800) so I always get full evo it will get you alot of dps in short time and with mirrors you shoud'nt take aggro. Using this im at a steady 14k dps at start and after first evo I do steady 8k dps thru the fight.

Also if you are in a guild that use Heroism/Bloodlust after a while instead of the start you can repeat the first 1-4 to quicly kill the boss and your guild will love you when they see you mastered the TOP of damage/dps meters.
    alisman of Volatile Power is terrible, replace it with Talisman of Resurgence or go for Reign of the Dead. The Abyssal Rune is better then Talisman of Volatile Power

Someone earlier said it best.. 4 ab am. Never abarr unless you are running. If you want, if you dont have mbarr after your 4 ab's, you can try to fish for one, I wouldn't go over 9 though.

Should be noted that even if you are running, you can use POM to refresh arcane blast debuff to usually get to where you need to go without losing the stack or spending it on barrage.

Like someone had said if you have the mana, go for broke and cast ab's as much as possible. once you start to get 232 gear your mana will be around 22k unbuffed. If you have full buffs youll be around 25k. 4 ab's then AM isnt gonna run your mana fast enough. every 2 minutes you have evo, utilize that cooldown as much as possible, and your mana gems. please dotn wait til you have no mana to use it. most mages do use it as i do, when you have 5k less mana, which is usually in the beginning of the fight when you use IV and AP. so in begninng of fights, pop cooldowns and 4ab AM about twice, then mana gem, then spam ab's about 7-9 times then use AM, rinse and repeat till you have no mana, evocate, then do your 4-5 ab's then AM. and use mana gem whenever it is up. Just look at your mana throughout the fight and improvise. ARCANE IS FUN, i have so much fun.

and whenever they pop bloodlust, do the normal 4 ab's then AM, the spell casting increase will reduce the 4 ab grind tht kills your dps.

just dont egt used to doing 4 ab's and AM when you have no spell casting increasing abilities, it kill your dps

so just be aware of mana pool. and utilize mana gems and evos, very importante.

if evo is up, and your mana is at a considerable amount, spam ab's till your at no mana, then AM then evo

25k is pretty baby mana. I'm sitting at ~30600 fully buffed. Every mage that isn't using double reign of the dead should be using talisman of resurgence. I swapped it for my scale of fates this past week to test it out and the extra mana is pretty huge. Rawr had their dps as very similar, but I like the talisman a lot more especially since I'm not haste capped with CD's + bloodlust now.

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypsee
    2. Use mirrors,..
    I don't know about you, but my Mirror Image is only 200-300dps. The opportunity cost of using Mirror Image is trading 1second (GCD) of, say, your regular 5k dps for 200-300dps. Just save it in case you are moving or are close to pulling.

edit: and don't listen to Omambosa up there, he's a retard

Quote Originally Posted by Inoxia
    I don't know about you, but my Mirror Image is only 200-300dps. The opportunity cost of using Mirror Image is trading 1second (GCD) of, say, your regular 5k dps for 200-300dps. Just save it in case you are moving or are close to pulling.

edit: and don't listen to Omambosa up there, he's a retard
    let me hear your rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Omambosä
    let me hear your rotation.
    He's right. AB spam instead of the usual rotation is a very small DPS increase. Using Evo every time it's up is a big DPS loss. You really want to avoid using it (if possible) outside of the transition/downtime windows you get in many fights.

AB spam is only useful in burn phases and at low % when you have excess mana to burn off (and won't OOM before the boss dies)