What's wrong with Seal of Command?

So, my paladin just hit 64, and I got Seal of Vengeance... but I noticed a very large DPS loss, even on single target bosses. Seal of Command just gave me much more, due to the splash damage caused whenever I meleed or used Crusader strike.

A fellow paladin said I shouldnt be using Command, only Righteousness on Trash and short bosses, and Seal of Vengeance on long boss fights.

I understand Command's Judgement doesnt do as much as Righteousness/Vengeance, but it's seal effect (hitting) does more than Righteousness's by far (even talented) and can crit, unlike Righteousness, which pushes Command over the edge in sustained DPS massively, at least for me. Vengeance however, may just be because I'm still 64, I expect it to be better at 80.

So, is there an actual reason why people don't use Command? >_<

Re: What's wrong with Seal of Command?

fact: ret paladin non-elite foes last less than 9 seconds.
    fact: Seal of command is better on short fights.
    fact: ret paladin non-elite foes last less than 9 seconds.
    ????????
    ohrlly??

yarlly!

PROFIT!

Clearly that person is living in the past. I don't even have SoR on the actionbar anymore. SoC on aoe trash and SoV on long bosses.

Your problem has every thing to do with your level and perhaps with what your friend THOUGHT he knew.

They just re-did command to help it out. A lot of paladins are preferring it over SOR, but not over SOV. At your level command will be putting out more damage, when you get max-rank SOV it can get around 1300'ish ticks, during your long delayed auto swings where nothing is happening, that's a huge boost in dps and command falls slightly behind when the mob has enough health for SOV to matter. You're certainly not wrong though for using SOC for leveling or even up at 80, a lot of paladins are using it.

Thanks for the responses.

Yea, I'm totally aware that at 80, SoV will be massively more than SoC on bosses, but atm, SoC seems to be more, but that's prob. due to the fact SoV only tics for a low amount, and because bosses don't tend to last more than 20 seconds at 64.

People are using SoC...Swapping between SoV and SoC at the right time is the only reason I can stay just under our mages in Ony 25. (and when I say just under, I mean the next closest to them since they destroy us all on meters due to whelps).
    I quit the game, and this happens:
    "You can now mount while under the skeleton effect of the Noggenfogger Elixir!"
    Are you effing kidding me?!?!
    Remember 3.0.......

Yeah, for example: SoV during phase 1 and 3 of ony, SoC on phase 2 for whelps / lair guards.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou
    So, my paladin just hit 64 .....
    This is why- Command is VERY dependant on your current weapon and NOT gear, whereas Vengeance and Righteousness are the opposite.

Command does decent damage when you:
    ---> Have a High-DPS gear
    and
    ---> Have low "stats", e.g. Attack Power and Spell Power.