Thread: Surv Rotation?

Surv Rotation?

I honestly think my dps should be better but idk about my rotation logicaly it seems the best but ive seen alot of posts that say otherwise
    1.Rapid Fire
    2.Serpent Sting
    3.Black Arrow
    4.Aimed Shot
    5.Explosive Shot
    6.Steady Shot....untill cooldowns are ready for Aimed, Black Arrow, and Explosive Shot...i always keep Serpent Sting and Hunters Mark up
    7. Rinse and repeat untill boss is 20% then i throw in kill shot whenever its up

you can armory me Rothaga on Korgath Server please help

Re: Surv Rotation?

I'd suggest Explosive before Aimed.
    Origins 10 Man Strict Guild Now Recruting!

Mad props to Sokogeka for sig.

Deleted

Yup, out of ALL your shots, Explosive first, yes thats before serpent and black arrow too.

Agree with Indilgo.

You keep your serpent sting up, ALL THE TIME. Use Black Arrow as soon as it's off cd, same with Explosive Shot, Aimed shot and Rapid Fire. When those are all on cd, just spam Steady Shot till they are off cd.

Killshot you use whenever it's off cd aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by cydri
    Yup, out of ALL your shots, Explosive first, yes thats before serpent and black arrow too.
    That's not true, you start with serpent sting , then black arrow and then explosive shot

Why? ----> http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=63672

At pulls i BA > SrS > ES > AiS > Steady Shot
    If i'm going to MD i usually Steady > AiS > and then normally.

Keep BA and SrS up all time.

Anytime Killshot is usable, its top priory, and ES is just behind it.

Deleted

Well that depends, at the START of your rotation, get explosive shot off as soon as you can, why? Because if you wait till you fire serpt, black arrow etc, you have wasted one whole use of explosive shot.

Then by the time you use serp/black arrow (allowing for global cooldowns) your ES is ready to fire again, this time taking advantage of serpent sting glyphs and black arrow.

Quote Originally Posted by cydri
    Well that depends, at the START of your rotation, get explosive shot off as soon as you can, why? Because if you wait till you fire serpt, black arrow etc, you have wasted one whole use of explosive shot.

Then by the time you use serp/black arrow (allowing for global cooldowns) your ES is ready to fire again, this time taking advantage of serpent sting glyphs and black arrow.
    0-ES
    1-SrS
    2-BA
    3- How can ES be shot here huh

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Aswed
    0-ES
    1-SrS
    2-BA
    3- How can ES be shot here huh
    Global Cooldowns, anyway try it and see, it up to you waste 2 ticks of explosive shot while you apply the first serp sting and black arrow, or have 8k damage done to the boss while you are applying them.

I'm usually doing Misdirection > Explosive shot > black arrow > Serpent sting > Aimed shot > Steady shot.
    Edit: I only use Misdirection at the pull so I can start of with Explosive shot without overaggroing.

ES -> BA -> SrS -> AiS -> SS.
    Best dps rotation for me according to spreadsheet.

I just start off with ES -> BA -> SS -> AiS -> ES again.

Second rotation is usually 2 steady shots then wait for 1 second then ES, or if you have enough haste for 1.5 second steady shots then go 3 SS and ES.

Then just fill 3 shots in priority order between ES. Your main damage is ES so try to adjust so that ES is always being shot when it's up.

My rotation.

MD Tank, Hunters mark.

Aimed Shot, Steady Shot, Explosive Shot, Beserking/Rapid Fire/CoTW, Black Arrow, Serpent Sting.

Thats how I open, this gives the biggest chance that my Chance on hit trinkets will proc before applying serpent sting, other wise if I open with Serpent Sting the trinkets are proced and spent before I reapply.

Then it a priority of

Kill, Explosive, Black Arrow, Serpent Sting, Aimed, Steady.

I will always delay Black Arrow and Serpent Sting for explosive. Because more Explosive Shots offset the damage buff from Black Arrow and Serpent Sting by quite a significant margin.

There is no rotation. it is a PRIO. and it is :

{ IV } Shot rotations:
    { IV/1 } Kill Shot: No brainer. You can dish out 16k+ crits with it, you want it on CD day and night.

{ IV/2 } We’ve got a new ability called black arrow, some of you might be confused about when to use it so let me clear that up for you. There are two important things that you have to consider. Black arrow is our main source of Lock and Load, therefore you want it to be up all the time. HOWEVER you don’t want to waste any ticks, so make sure to only put on a target on which it will be able to tick for full duration. Of course if that’s not possible (the adds die way too quickly) just use it on every CD.

{ IV/3 } Now that you have Black arrow up and ready to get some Lock and Loads, you can use your main dps ability explosive shot. Make sure when you get Lock and Load to wait that extra 0.5 seconds after the global cooldown (aka wait for Explosive shot to fade) so you don’t lose any explosive shot ticks. This might seem weird because you basically just idle for 0.5 sec, but getting Explosive shot on CD as soon as possible will allow you to use it sooner. This will result in more overall dps.

{ IV/4 } Yet again due to the nature of aimed Shot having a cooldown, you want to use it before serpent sting. This is the case even if you don’t have serpent sting ticking at the moment.

{ IV/5 } You will now have Black Arrow, Explosive Shot and Aimed Shot on cooldown. This means you can use serpent sting to get the benefit from noxious stings. There a couple of things you need to pay attention to while using serpent sting. If you see that it’s about to fade and you are going to have any of the previously mentioned abilities coming off cooldown, you should try to refresh it, even if it means you cut off an extra tick or two. However don’t fall on the other side of the horse, spamming serpent sting just to make sure it’s up all the time is not a good thing to do. Now I’m not sure if it got fixed it, but before 3.1 sometimes you couldn’t refresh serpent sting and you were getting an error message complaining about more powerful effect. The reason behind this is that there are trinkets and other procs that increases your damage/ap which influences your serpent sting’s damage. So if you can’t refresh it while it’s still ticking, just use the technique explained at the first part of this paragraph.

{ IV/6 } Last but not least, steady shot: With the nerf to steady shot in the expansion, this shot sunk from the top of the priority list to the bottom. This is now our least used damage ability. Its casting time and lack of scaling really doesn’t make it an attractive ability. Use it as filler, only when everything else is on cooldown. If you see that a higher damage ability will come off cooldown before your steady shot casting would have finished, don’t start to cast a new steady shot. For the reason mentioned a couple of times before, you always want to have your higher damage abilities on cooldown.
    All credit for this quote goes to dear caleb.

Gl. BTW the prio in this guide is worked on using math. it is not pulled out of no where as most of things you guys said is.
    80 Orc Hunter
    80 Tauren druid
    80 Tauren Warrior
    80 Orc Warlock
    80 Blood elf Death knight
    To Be continued...

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Squishie
    My rotation.

MD Tank, Hunters mark.

Aimed Shot, Steady Shot, Explosive Shot, Beserking/Rapid Fire/CoTW, Black Arrow, Serpent Sting.

Thats how I open, this gives the biggest chance that my Chance on hit trinkets will proc before applying serpent sting, other wise if I open with Serpent Sting the trinkets are proced and spent before I reapply.

Then it a priority of

Kill, Explosive, Black Arrow, Serpent Sting, Aimed, Steady.

I will always delay Black Arrow and Serpent Sting for explosive. Because more Explosive Shots offset the damage buff from Black Arrow and Serpent Sting by quite a significant margin.

Your Serpent Sting adjusts to your current stats, there is no reason to hold off applying it. The only time you want to worry about re-applying is when you have something that modifies your damage, ie- rune of power on council.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    If Tinkers aren't the next class in WoW I'll shit in my hands and clap then eat my shoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaskal
    There is no rotation. it is a PRIO. and it is :
    All credit for this quote goes to dear caleb.

Gl. BTW the prio in this guide is worked on using math. it is not pulled out of no where as most of things you guys said is.
    Everyone likes that cuz he has a lot of words and roman numerals, it's still wrong. Nothing personal against him.

The best priority proven over and over at elitist jerks, etc is

a. Mark if you need to
    b. MD If you need to

1. Explosive shot (with all your on use talents call of the wild, rabid, trinkets, racial, etc macro'd in)
    2. Black Arrow.
    3. Serpent Sting
    4. Aimed Shot
    5. Explosive shot.
    6. rapid fire
    7. Steady shot.
    8. and now you go to your priority system. if LnL procs, pause 1/2 second between each explosive shot.

it is ok to wait 1/2 second for 1-4 above to come off cooldown before starting another Steady shot.

Those that think to do BA or SrpS first before Explosve due to damage buff are wrong. You get more damage by getting in more explosives than you do by delaying it while putting up the dots.

You are right to some extent.

the cooldown management is not said in that prio and your cooldown management is right. ( unless you know you are gonna do that early in fight like XT hard etc.)

and there are lots of struggles between hunters for the 3rd prio. some put SS there and some put AS. though it looks like more are changing to SS as the recent changes on ArP.

The rest of the prio is Solid in Stone though. and whatever which is not it is as wrong as hell.
    at least unless you can prove it with some extensive theorycrafting.

if LnL procs, pause 1/2 second between each explosive shot.
    That is really important too. Do Not fire another shot in between L&Ls or you are doomed. you will get used to waiting that half a second fairly easy.
    80 Orc Hunter
    80 Tauren druid
    80 Tauren Warrior
    80 Orc Warlock
    80 Blood elf Death knight
    To Be continued...

My rotation is :
    Explosive - Aimed - Serpent - Black - Explosive - steady.

Deleted

From elitistjerks.com

Priority list:

1. Kill Shot
    2. Explosive Shot
    3. Black Arrow
    4. Aimed/Multi-Shot
    5. Serpent Sting
    6. Steady Shot