Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Can a Crit "Crit" ?

Quote Originally Posted by Shibba
    nope i dont have any scroling combat text addons, so it shows each hit seperatly...
    i also opened my recount during the fight and hovered over MB and max crit was 16k... few sec later i got the other 24k one... and recount updated acordingly :/

i asked other priests in guild noone ever saw it happen... so i got puzzeled and decided to ask here.
    this makes me think you're lying, and i'm sure you're not being honest about something

you said that the 16 and 24k crits were "a few seconds apart"

but you took time, mid-fight, to open recount (you said you opened it) and saw the 16k crit "then a few seconds later the 24k crit, which recount updated accordingly"

i call BS, if you double checked it as it happened, in the middle of a boss fight, then you were already thinking OMG WTF but then you "accidentally deleted it"

c'mon

no, a crit is a crit is a crit

It's rather strange picture of recount, it seems it's not only Lord fight over there, i guess its overall log of raid. (Remember Twins, There you can crit for that high)|

I came to conclusion, either OP is just messing around, or it's dispelling bug, happened once or twice, when you dispel and mage spellsteals buff at one time, sometimes the wrong person gets buff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Liero
    A tidal wave crashes into the dark portal, flooding outland... and on top of the black temple, Illidan watches the tsunami getting closer, yelling "But I am not prepared!" n_n
    What he said.

Quote Originally Posted by Deralte
    16k +8 do the math
    16008!

The crit is clearly from the Twins encouter, since your friend has screenshot the recount for the whole of ToC 10 and not just jax.

Quote Originally Posted by frag971
    I think you did that when you activated trinkets and had a couple spellpower buffs and dmg boosters on boss
    I think you forgot that you were on your mage and spell stole the buff.

That recount must be from more than just Lord Jaraxxus. There is no way in hell you did ~7M dmg on him alone.
    736 VT ticks ~ 2208secs=37mins of combat, he would enrage 5times by then, so it has to be from twins.
    "There's a difference between us. You think the people of this country exist to provide you with position. I think your position exists to provide those people with freedom. And I go to make sure that they have it."
    - William Wallace

Quote Originally Posted by frag971
    I think you did that when you activated trinkets and had a couple spellpower buffs and dmg boosters on boss
    i have now way to make my crits 300% stronger :/
    Paranoid Tank: "Always be prepared for something to eat the healer..."

A 25k crit and you pulled 4k? Ouch...

I'd say lucky crit, bug with spellsteal, or combat log bug.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

yep, its from twins fight, problem solved, move along.

The screenshot obviously includes the twins encounter, a shadow priest CAN NOT hit that high on a normal encounter. End of story.

ALSO: It says he has absorbed damage, now.. I've done these encounters quite a few times.. and the only thing in that ABSORBS a full shot in that instance.. is the twins shield.
    Hide behind a little Bloodelf Paladin?!? Ridiculous! Make way for the Beef of Light! I will shield you, little ones, and should I fall, remember that I taste amazing with Mustard.

Quote Originally Posted by greysin
    this makes me think you're lying, and i'm sure you're not being honest about something

you said that the 16 and 24k crits were "a few seconds apart"

but you took time, mid-fight, to open recount (you said you opened it) and saw the 16k crit "then a few seconds later the 24k crit, which recount updated accordingly"

i call BS, if you double checked it as it happened, in the middle of a boss fight, then you were already thinking OMG WTF but then you "accidentally deleted it"

c'mon

no, a crit is a crit is a crit

and yes he had to give whole night log coz we had to many attempts after lord jaxx...

i can see your point that n twins this is easyly doable... i have no argument about that

yet i still saw the 16k and the 24k from jax fight, which brings me to my very first post when i said i had no proof of it and asked do not start this BS...
    some thing strange "never happens" ppl only lie in this world...

here is my own UI from another post:
    http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/553/6129dps.jpg

all i have to do is click on "shibba" in recount and hover "Mind Blast" if u think u cant do it in 3 sec of MF then i dont know what char you play with...

so for sake of argument lets agree that it did happen the 16k and 24k on jaxhow could it happen? i find the dispell bug most probable.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibba

and yes he had to give whole night log coz we had to many attempts after lord jaxx...

i can see your point that n twins this is easyly doable... i have no argument about that

yet i still saw the 16k and the 24k from jax fight, which brings me to my very first post when i said i had no proof of it and asked do not start this BS...
    some thing strange "never happens" ppl only lie in this world...

here is my own UI from another post:
    http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/553/6129dps.jpg

all i have to do is click on "shibba" in recount and hover "Mind Blast" if u think u cant do it in 3 sec of MF then i dont know what char you play with...

so for sake of argument lets agree that it did happen the 16k and 24k on jaxhow could it happen? i find the dispell bug most probable.
    the only way it could happen is an unintended bug that only you have experienced so far.

disc healers were "spell stealing" when they'd shield after the last patch, but that has nothing to do with 2-3x MB crits

if it really happened, it shouldn't have. i still don't believe you but it doesn't really matter either way. i've been wrong before.

you have your answer though or you've had your fun. YOU WIN!!!

Deleted

Bit offtopic but i need to know

What's your dottimer called?

Quote Originally Posted by Xanderish
    Bit offtopic but i need to know

What's your dottimer called?
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/class-pr...le-target-dps/

8th post, have fun

Am I really going to be the first saying it?
    Cool keybindings, both of you.
    /lmfao

Quote Originally Posted by Deralte
    ontopic: my crits had a 100% critchance so far
    /thread
    The Insane.

Couple of things...

1. MB has a 5.5 sec CD at best, so there is no way there were 2 simultaneous MBs
    2. It's a bug with recount, I suggest you update your version. I too had an issue where my recount log was giving me higher damage than what actually was occuring. My log told me I had VT crits of 10K on Jaraxxus but when I mentioned this to the other spriest in the raid his recount said something different. Then after refreshing the information in recount it normalised back to what actually happened. After that night I updated the version and it hasn't happened again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo2345
    sounds the most logical reason in my view, my MSCT shows when that stuff happens
    This happens when 2 same abilities comes at the same time (like Hunter's Lock&Load with 3 shots in a row) or when 1 abilitiy does multiple damage (Dots on multiple mobs, Chain Lightning) Mind Blast has a cooldown so it's impossible for any Combat Test addon to sum them up at the same time.

Trolling post, clearly.

Power Infusion?
    Me sorry. Not do bad again, honest. :<