Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Can a Crit "Crit" ?

I think there is a rare in game damage bug that occured for me in Onyxia the other day. I started noticing 6k mind flay ticks, and then a 14k mind blast as displayed by the default scrolling text and recount as well. This was totally surprising to me, and I instantly checked my buffs for anything unusual. I had all the "normal" raid buffs and nothing extra was showing.

I can only conclude that this is a rare damage bug similar to the one that can occur from the vehicle item level modifyer carrying over after a buggy flame leviathan encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadè
    Power Infusion?
    Decreases cast time and spell cost. Wouldn't shorten the cooldown on Mind Blast or make it hit any harder.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

nice crit =D but lol two shadow priests topping the recount your raid DPS is funny ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Orgrim Doomhammer View Post
    I'm 12, and my balls have been producing men of the sea for quite a long time (Over a year)

PS: Men of the sea = Sea Men = Semen

15+ Year Old Account

I remember there was a recent bug with a glyphed shield causing you to 'steal' the next ability you do on your target. Maybe this bug has something to do with it, or something related to the bug as it got fixed ( its fixed right? )

Quote Originally Posted by Deralte
    ontopic: my crits had a 100% critchance so far
    Hah!

Also, no idea about how you hit so hard. Maybe the stars aligned.

I don't understand that whole, some mechanic adding together crit totals into one crit number. I get chain 1 second starfire crits all the time during Bloodlust and they never ever add together into one number. Is that just a priest thing(/bug)?

Theres 2 times Mind Blast Absorbted
    Twins anyone?
    also 6,8-8 million dmg done per dps, jaraxxus has been buffed

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

The only thing i can think of is Death Knight crits (or spell crits) are double due to a passive ability we have.

That, or you stole his buff. which increases magic damage done by 200%(?).
    I 3d print stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Kortap
    Theres 2 times Mind Blast Absorbted
    Twins anyone?
    also 6,8-8 million dmg done per dps, jaraxxus has been buffed
    ^^^^

There's no way those hits/crits were on jaraxxus, that's overall data and from Twins.

please read the posts - he said it IS a complete log but the high numbers where on jaraxxus, sheesh!

Quote Originally Posted by Wurfab
    please read the posts - he said it IS a complete log but the high numbers where on jaraxxus, sheesh!
    Please use your head, that's mathematically impossible. It's obvious those numbers are from Twins.

Quote Originally Posted by ♠Spctro♠
    nice crit =D but lol two shadow priests topping the recount your raid DPS is funny ^^
    Multidotting ftw!
    Insert Signature here!

Those numbers are either from twins, or a bug having to do with his self-buff. Being from Twins is much, much more likely. If it was from the buff on Jaraxxus it would have been very apparent very quickly. The buff lasts for 30 seconds, which would become really obvious when your damage was mysteriously doubled. So yeah, bad memory plus full night recounts that hasn't been set to display properly... Twins fight, not Jaraxxus.

ok i dont know if anyone said this already but iirc there is was a bug reported with power word shield spellstealing buffs from people.

I remember seing screenshots of recounts showing class using sertain abilitys that they shouldnt have, so either this has happened and some ppls buffs have been transfered to you, or else its from twin val'kyr and ur just fkin about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctadrew
    I have never used this response, but it seems perfect here...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAOxY_nHdew

weird little bugs crop up all the time.

I had a PoM stay buffing me for 3 straight hours in BC once. it lasted until I ported fromt shatt to org. Some weird bug where it wasn't consumed when I cast. Nothing like instant frostbolts for 3 hours of grinding.
    "WTF! The lock is ninja'ing all the soul shards!"

Quote Originally Posted by scotty
    ok i dont know if anyone said this already but iirc there is was a bug reported with power word shield spellstealing buffs from people.

I remember seing screenshots of recounts showing class using sertain abilitys that they shouldnt have, so either this has happened and some ppls buffs have been transfered to you, or else its from twin val'kyr and ur just fkin about.
    Yeah, that bug was fixed and involved the PW:S glyph. So for this to happen you'd have a Shadow Priest with the PW:S glyph that had to shield a Mage right as they spell stole. On top of that, it would have to be a couple of hotfixes ago, because that bug was fixed. Seems pretty unlikely. Compare that to those types of hits happening all the time against Twins. I gotta admit though, this is one of the most successful troll posts lately.

I know ima paladin and not a priest but..

The first time I did Jarax, on 25 man normal I noticed a HUGE dps burst. I sustained over 10k for the whole fight.

I rememeber thinking, wierd, no one else was doing that much damage, and decided it must be somthing to do with a fight mechanic.

Its never happened since, so my money is on he buff some times bugging, or maybe it used to, to give it to players.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you hit the train tracks you've gone to far.

Screenshot is definitely an SS of the whole raid, how much damage all you did to once boss is unlikely, the number of counts per spell done is more than you should ever do for one boss, and because of this, maybe you did do 24k damage on Lord Jar. but we can't prove that with Twins mixed into the meters. :P

Well i don't really know what happened. But i had an unbelievable 160k+ crit on Razuvious with Icy Touch the other week in Naxx. It just bugged and I one shotted one of Razuv's adds.

Check out my raidchat on the left side of my screen.

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/8...ytouchcrit.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Lokken
    Well i don't really know what happened. But i had an unbelievable 160k+ crit on Razuvious with Icy Touch the other week in Naxx. It just bugged and I one shotted one of Razuv's adds.

Check out my raidchat on the left side of my screen.

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/8...ytouchcrit.jpg
    It's not a bug:

Hopeless - When Razuvious dies, non-Mind Controlled Death Knight Understudies take 5000% more damage for the short duration of the debuff.

*Note - This was highly entertaining when combined with Seal of Blood damage.

back in BC, Judging Command had an effect that hit people for twice the damage when it landed on someone stunned, and was able to crit.

Say you judge and hit the target for 500 back then normally.

A stunned target would take 1k damage from it

A stunned target that got crit by it would be hit by 2k.

You could say it was a "crit" (when you crit as a pally you do twice the damage, and hitting with judgement of command on someone stunned doubled the damage, thus being a "crit") of a critical strike.

Also at the DK that linked a screenshot, what's the name of that LOVELY mini map you have:O!??!?!

I want it
    Elizabeth, Paladin of Stormwind, read the story of A Paladin in the Making.
    Featuring now: Agent Vanseph, human Rogue agent of SI: 7, and Floral, the mysterious night elf Huntress
    accompanied by Hummer, ex-lion Pridelord!

The Dog sheds its fur! It's actually a chick?!