Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Shadow, worth it?

With all the qq about shadow i have read, i have been wondering if it is even worth to go shadow or just dual spec disc and holy. What do you guys think?

Re: Shadow, worth it?

try shadow. see if you like it. i`m disc / shadow and i love both.

depending on the fights, SP`s can be on top of the meters. you also have to know how to play. i`ve been in raids with other SP`s that outgeared me, but i out`dpsed them. I`m sure that more skilled players can out`dps me in less gear.

it`s fun, and it`s not like u`re back there with the tanks in dmg. we`re ok we need time for our dots to make a difference.

have fun

Quote Originally Posted by rekinash
    try shadow. see if you like it. i`m disc / shadow and i love both.

depending on the fights, SP`s can be on top of the meters. you also have to know how to play. i`ve been in raids with other SP`s that outgeared me, but i out`dpsed them. I`m sure that more skilled players can out`dps me in less gear.

it`s fun, and it`s not like u`re back there with the tanks in dmg. we`re ok we need time for our dots to make a difference.

have fun
    the closer you get to ICC, the worst spriests are scaling. as of now, they're the worst dps spec/class that people bring to raids and are predicted to be further behind in ICC

most top guild already bring only 1 or none and most are expected to not bring any in ICC unless they simply don't have the competent person to replace it.

it's the bottom of the bottom right now

Quote Originally Posted by greysin
    the closer you get to ICC, the worst spriests are scaling. as of now, they're the worst dps spec/class that people bring to raids and are predicted to be further behind in ICC

most top guild already bring only 1 or none and most are expected to not bring any in ICC unless they simply don't have the competent person to replace it.

it's the bottom of the bottom right now

Do you think shadow might get any buffs before or during ICC?

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

I guess that was sarcastic, but blizzard has allready said they will try to make our dots scale with haste, atleast thats something

Keyboard Turner
    15+ Year Old Account

DPS:

Rogue -> ;D
    Warlock ->
    DK ->
    Hunters,
    Shammys
    and Mages. ->
    Warriors,
    Druids
    and Pallys ->

Hogger -> ???

S.Priest -> :'(

15+ Year Old Account

Being a hybrid is more versatile than being just a healer. At least you offer more to the group. If your raid is overstocked on healers you can DPS.

Besides, in all honesty shadow DPS isn't bad, it just doesn't scale to the high levels required of DPSers for haroic mode/hard mode encounters.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

are you in a top`end guild that`s doing HM`s ? if you are, well pick another class. if you`re not, try it out. don`t let all the "bottom of the bottom" shit mislead you. if we`re not doing that well doesn`t mean we`re rly that bad. take a good SP with a medium`skilled mage, u`ll see the difference isn`t that big, maybe none.

again, this is if u`re not the most elite guy from one of the most elite guilds

have fun again

Shadow is amazingly fun to play, although not really the best contender for epic hard mode difficulties. Go with a Shadowpriest if you want to

Quote Originally Posted by rekinash
    are you in a top`end guild that`s doing HM`s ? if you are, well pick another class. if you`re not, try it out. don`t let all the "bottom of the bottom" shit mislead you. if we`re not doing that well doesn`t mean we`re rly that bad. take a good SP with a medium`skilled mage, u`ll see the difference isn`t that big, maybe none.

again, this is if u`re not the most elite guy from one of the most elite guilds

have fun again
    this.

+ chalanging "rotation", a unique play style that requires some skills and a good set of addons.
    Paranoid Tank: "Always be prepared for something to eat the healer..."

Quote Originally Posted by Delorys
    DPS:

Rogue -> ;D
    Warlock ->
    DK ->
    Hunters,
    Enhance
    Shammys

and Mages. ->
    Warriors,
    Druids
    and Pallys ->

Hogger -> ???

Ele Shammys

Fixed.

Shadow requires specific situations to perform well, on "Patchwerk" fights it and ele shaman are a bit behind
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

DPS:

Rogue -> ;D
    Warlock ->
    DK ->
    Hunters,
    Shammys
    and Mages. ->
    Warriors,
    Druids
    and Pallys ->

Hogger -> ???

Feral druids easily top our meters, i've seen plenty of kittys doing 9K plus... and for our 2 heroic ToGC25 kills thus far my spriest is around 5th for Beasts and can be in the top 3 for Jaraxxus if I get a bit of luck with maiden's kisses. Thats around 5.8 to 6.2k dps when i get my multi dotting right.

At the moment, no, Shadow is not "Worth It"

Every study shows that our DPS is down, and Ghostcrawler and the dev team have confirmed several times that they don't agree with those numbers and have dubbed us as "fine".

In PVP, it's a struggle, and only the most most amazing of players are able to pull it off successfully. Anyone who is rated above 1800 is usually someone who plays way to much, has someone carrying them, or is Chinese.

At the moment, it's a dumb time to be a Shadow Priest.... last week a freaking elemental Shaman got number 2 DPS, while I was at the bottom with 6K or so.

Yeah, we're just fine, Blizzard, just fine.

I've pretty much made the decision that if Shadow Priests are not brought up to snuff in the expansion, I'm rolling a Worgen Rogue or Warlock... i've already got the heirloom items ready to go.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

DPS:

Rogue, Mage, Warrior -> ;D

Hunters, Shammys, DKs ->

Druids
    and Pallys ->

Hogger -> ???

Ele shamans, Warlocks, S.Priest -> :'(

fixed

Deleted

To those who state that shadow "isn't bad" really need to get unbiased and realize that we are indeed at the bottom of the food chain. Numerous top guilds have stated that they, in TotGC, bring as little shadow priests as they can.

Give this a read:
    http://www.ensidia.com/community/blogs/1062.html

Being top dps as a shadow priest in a random guild just means that the dps:ers you are competing with either suck or are vastly undergeared. That shadow priests scale immensely bad with gear is not a theory, it's a fact.

Edit: To answer the OP's initial question:
    I'd suggest that you try shadow out. It's definitely a fun spec and I personally very much like the playstyle.

Quote Originally Posted by glan
    fixed
    Warlocks there? Are you insane or then you are just a very very bad warlock..

Feral druids easily top our meters, i've seen plenty of kittys doing 9K plus... and for our 2 heroic ToGC25 kills thus far my spriest is around 5th for Beasts and can be in the top 3 for Jaraxxus if I get a bit of luck with maiden's kisses. Thats around 5.8 to 6.2k dps when i get my multi dotting right.
    There's probably a reason then why you haven't progressed to at least 4/5 ToGC25, if you're being in the top 5 with that dps you guilds players are bad.

I really hope that Shadow becomes competitive with the change to haste. I mean... i know it's a shallow hope, and after "hoping" so much through the Wrath Beta and 3.1, I've lost a lot of faith.

But a man can dream.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

Quote Originally Posted by Zelol
    Warlocks there? Are you insane or then you are just a very very bad warlock..
    ok was a slight exageration but warlocks arent in as good of a place as most people think.
    http://www.wowmeteronline.com/rank/classrank/8

warlocks are in the top 5 dps classes in only 3 of the 10 ToC encounters, both normal and heroic.

with also shadow priests being bottom dps in 7 of the 10 encounters so definately in need of a buff.

Been shadow since day 1 and trust me when I say I LOVE IT!

However, I hit 80 on my lock 4 days ago. Ran ToC and a few heroics. Got up to 2k spell power and started facerolling my way to 4k dps. IMMO, CHAOS BOLT, CONGLAG, BAM 20K DAMAGE, SPAM INCINERATE WTFBBQLULZ!

Really, it only makes me hate 'pure' dps classes more. They think they have the skillz because then can crank up big numbers, when really the only 'skill' is the larger spell coefficients they have.

I really hope shadow gets a buff soon.