Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: Theory: New Horde not what people think it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Verazh
    No, just... no. Garrosh is conformed to be the new warchief, and he will not go evil on us. These speculations are stupid.

Whats most likely is that some events will occur where Garrosh "redeems" himself to us (the playerbase, the people looking from the outside), he will experience something that will make him more wise, yet he will still be more aggressive than Trall - something which many orcs in the world supports, according to lore.
    Nothing has been confirmed other then who is making an appearence.

Deleted

Am i the only one happy if Garrosh takes over?

I am sick of being lead by a hippy! I want to fuck the alliance up. I want to come to your city/town and kill you and burn your house down. Then piss on its ashes while i drink your blood like wine and celebrate your death!

Get rid of the grey! When i play my horde chars i want to be the bad guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Moomurr
    Get rid of the grey! When i play my horde chars i want to be the bad guy.
    Then you picked the wrong faction.

Tauren: As goody-two-shoes as races get, apart from maybe the night elves.
    Orcs: Honorable to the end..
    Undead + BE: Joined horde specifically to get away from/fight back against their respective bad guys.
    Trolls: They've either fought the good fight or been killed in genocides and cleaned up their own messes.

Now consider Alliance...

The Night Elves alone are responsible for bringing the burning legion in the first place, which tore Azeroth to pieces, then they produced the naga and to top it off they also produced Illidan, who had the entire first X-pac dedicated to defeating him.

The Humans meanwhile are responsible for Medivh, who opened the Dark Portal and Arthas, who has the entire second X-pac dedicated to defeating him.

The Dwarves "only" summoned Ragnaros, who will have the entire third X-pac dedicated to defeating him.

Gnomes are probably the only race on Alliance who aren't known to have created some powerful villain who threatened the future of everyone and everything on Azeroth, and I wouldn't be surprised if that's only because we don't know much of their history. :P

Oh wait, I forgot the Draenei. Not only did they produce Kil'Jaeden and Archimond, but they were also ultimately responsible for leading KJ to the Orcs and giving them their blood curse.

If you want to play the "bad guy", I think you need to consider switching factions.

Quote Originally Posted by Vancha

Undead + BE: Joined horde specifically to get away from/fight back against their respective bad guys.
    Trolls: They've either fought the good fight or been killed in genocides and cleaned up their own messes.

Now consider Alliance...

The Night Elves alone are responsible for bringing the burning legion in the first place, which tore Azeroth to pieces, then they produced the naga and to top it off they also produced Illidan, who had the entire first X-pac dedicated to defeating him.

The Humans meanwhile are responsible for Medivh, who opened the Dark Portal and Arthas, who has the entire second X-pac dedicated to defeating him.

The Dwarves "only" summoned Ragnaros, who will have the entire third X-pac dedicated to defeating him.

Gnomes are probably the only race on Alliance who aren't known to have created some powerful villain who threatened the future of everyone and everything on Azeroth, and I wouldn't be surprised if that's only because we don't know much of their history. :P

Oh wait, I forgot the Draenei. Not only did they produce Kil'Jaeden and Archimond, but they were also ultimately responsible for leading KJ to the Orcs and giving them their blood curse.

If you want to play the "bad guy", I think you need to consider switching factions.
    I appreciate your complete objectivity, lack of favoritism, and lack of bias. Really. I do.

I am Druid - Play Free Online Games

Deleted

Now consider Alliance...

I don't know how often you have to beat this in the peoples mind. There is no good or bad faction in WoW. Both made minor and major mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldBalance
    I appreciate your complete objectivity, lack of favoritism, and lack of bias. Really. I do.
    I come across as having favouritism torwards whom?

Quote Originally Posted by jiggler
    I don't know how often you have to beat this in the peoples mind. There is no good or bad faction in WoW. Both made minor and major mistakes.
    I agree completely in regards to good and evil factions, but I think the Alliance races have undoubtedly unleashed the greater amount of evil, with Humans probably being the most susceptible to it.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

This is just speculation , but why do i feel a "taking back orgrimmar" quest comming up like the old "taking back the undercity" ? ... again, thats just me :P
    "Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted" ~Einstein
    Wish more people would take that to heart.

Deleted

I agree completely in regards to good and evil factions, but I think the Alliance races have undoubtedly unleashed the greater amount of evil, with Humans probably being the most susceptible to it.
    Let's break it down:

Horde:
    Orcs: Burning Legion. Nothing more to add here.
    Trolls: Can't remember anything bad with them.
    Tauren: You have the Grimtotem, but the huge majoritiy of the Taurens are peaceful.
    Undead: Yeah.. They fu***d up pretty hard at the Wrathgate
    Blood Elves: They captured a Naaru and siphoned the Holy power of him, but they were forgiven.

Alliance:
    Human:Too hard to get them all in a group.. we have some who want peace some who want war, racists and so on
    Dwarfs: nothing bad about them (maybe their urge to dig up some stuff everywhere)
    Gnomes: They did... nothing... ever
    Night Elves: If I'd be mean I'd have to say that basically everything bad which happend to Azeroth happened because of the Night Elves.
    Draenei: Nothing bad about them either (Unfortunately they draw the Burning Legions attention to every planet they visit.)

So, as I said... both factions did something bad.

Keep in mind that it's this guy who will be in charge of the Horde come 4.0

Just sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by ♠Spctro♠
    he is talking lorewise, not playerwise, the orcs are the whole population of a blown up world, the belfs are just the survivors of a scourge attack, lorewise there are not probably more than 50 forsaken, 200 belfs id say and around 1000 orcs
    Actually, lorewise, there are a couple thousand high elves still in the Alliance (the majority went Horde) and Stormwind has 200,000 residents. Which makes it the most massive city in Azeroth. Org has around 15k orcs living there. There are around 13k Forsaken in Undercity.

The Orc's cultural guilt is by far the largest. The Draenei and Night Elves both represent rebel factions of their respective races that specifically rejected and fought the evils other among them perpetrated. You cannot blame Velen for what Kil'jaedan did, nor Malfurion for what Ashara did. Both tried (and to one extent or another succeeded) to stop and contain the evils their fellow beings committed. Similarly, the Ironforge dwarves did not summon Ragnoros, the Dark Irons did. Different faction, and the Wildhammer and Ironforge dwarves fought them over it. Humans as a race did not open the Dark Portal, Medhiv did. Had he consulted anyone else I'm sure they would have told him not too. Similarly Arthas; he is one man who fell, not a representative of the race.

On the Hoard side, the Forsaken are probably the most "evil" playable race in the game, but they still haven't managed to come close to what the Orc did under the influence of the Demon Blood. They also have some excuse in that they were forced to become what they are. Tauren are generally noble and blameless to all appearances. Blood Elves made a mistake in following a mad man, but realized it and recovered before too much damage was done. Trolls have some "interesting" cultural tendencies, but the player character tribe has never really done anything monumentally evil.

Orcs on the other hand have perpetrated not one, but two attempted genocides. First wiping out every Draenei they could find on their home world, then coming to Azeroth and trying to do the same to the (old) Alliance races. They did this not hundreds or thousands of years ago, but in living memory. Members of the current Horde leadership participated. This was not an action by one member of the race, or a breakaway faction, but nearly the entire Orcish race. The ONLY current member of horde leadership that tried to stop it was Drek'Thar. Everyone else either participated or has the fairly reasonable excuse of not having been born yet.

This is not to say that Orcs in game are "OMG teh ebil". Thrall is clearly a man of peace and Wisdom, and has rebuilt Orcish society into something that is capable of coexisting with others. The Orcs generally, and Thrall particularly, proved themselves at the Battle of Mt Hyjal. They are a "New" Horde, and should not necessarily be judged by the actions of the "Old" Horde. Saying that doesn't erase the past though. The Orcs have more to make up for than any other race in the game, and several of the dialogs with Horde leaders in game show that even they realize it. Saurfang was an evil son of bitch on par with Arthas while under the spell of the Demon Blood. He knows it, he regrets it, but he can't change what he has already done.

Quote Originally Posted by EK1
    Stop putting up retarded comments.

Garrosh is stupid enough to declare open war on the Alliance, which will eventually happen. The Trolls and Tauren are being exiled along with The Forsaken (this could happen, my 2cents.)
    From the centre of orgrimmar..... and no... the Tauren are staying, I think you mean the Blood Elves?
    So yes, they should still be around, just not as a significant presence within org

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Jaqen Hghar
    Keep in mind that it's this guy who will be in charge of the Horde come 4.0

Just sayin'
    unfunny pictue is unfunny

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Aerisot
    I was thinking about this...Since it is not confirmed that Garrosh will be the warchief of the current horde, but more then likely becomes warchief of "The New Horde", Whos to say Garrosh doesn't become a Semi bad guy, or a new NPC only faction.

Kind of a "I can do it better then you" horde, since thats what Garrosh is known for, I do not believe everyone will leave Thrall's side, guardian or not, he would still be in charge of the Horde.

I see him giving command to Garrosh while he is away and when he comes back Garrosh doesn't want to give it back, and splits the faction in half pretty much and thats why garrosh kills Carine, because he sides with Thrall...I would like this...Horde vs. New Horde mmmm
    k...so how many hordes are we at now.

1. Blackhand's Orcish Horde
    2. Doomhammer's Horde
    3. Ner'zhul's Draenor Horde
    4. Thrall's New Horde
    5. Rend Blackhand's Dark Horde
    6. Kargath Bladefist's Fel Horde
    7. Garrosh Hellscream's new New Horde

Sorry to burst your bubble dude but I think we have enough Hordes as it is.

I think 5 would be the remains of 1, so we're down to 6.

Still more than enough.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by jiggler
    Let's break it down:

Horde:
    Orcs: Burning Legion. Nothing more to add here.
    Trolls: Can't remember anything bad with them.
    Tauren: You have the Grimtotem, but the huge majoritiy of the Taurens are peaceful.
    Undead: Yeah.. They fu***d up pretty hard at the Wrathgate
    Blood Elves: They captured a Naaru and siphoned the Holy power of him, but they were forgiven.

Alliance:
    Human:Too hard to get them all in a group.. we have some who want peace some who want war, racists and so on
    Dwarfs: nothing bad about them (maybe their urge to dig up some stuff everywhere)
    Gnomes: They did... nothing... ever
    Night Elves: If I'd be mean I'd have to say that basically everything bad which happend to Azeroth happened because of the Night Elves.
    Draenei: Nothing bad about them either (Unfortunately they draw the Burning Legions attention to every planet they visit.)

So, as I said... both factions did something bad.
    and the thing is.. most of the "evil" in the alliance hasn't effected the Horde as much as the Alliance itself. The Horde straight out of the starting zone kill the Alliance while were hanging out killing hogger and getting pie for billy.

by the way.. "I think it was the sounds of the draenei children that unnerved most of them ... You never forget ... Have you ever been to Jaggedswine Farm? When the swine are of age for the slaughter ... It's that sound. The sound of the swine being killed ... It resonates the loudest. Those are hard times for us older veterans."

The orcs are so misunderstood Talk about an evil deed.. and they haven't even tried to redeem themselves, most still act like they want to wipe out the Alliance. Although that could just be the Horde Player base talking.

Quote Originally Posted by bak00777
    O and i should mention that i F'ing hate Garrosh, i've played both horde and ally thru Northrend, and i just have to say Garrosh is a total douche, i hope that Garrosh is only the leader for a lil while and then Saurfang beats cleaves his face in and takes over as leader.
    fixed.

"Gnomes are probably the only race on Alliance who aren't known to have created some powerful villain who threatened the future of everyone and everything on Azeroth, and I wouldn't be surprised if that's only because we don't know much of their history."

A gnome brought us Jaraxxes! or however you spell it!

Also when it comes to Horde:

Tauren: Mr. Smite...nuff said

Orc: Gul'dan, main reason horde went evil in the first place causing all these chained events...if it wasn't for Gul'dan we wouldn't have had ner'zul, who then corrupted Arthas...as well as Medievh, and the dark portal opening...BLAME GUL'DAN

Is anyone else excited that we might finally get to see what happened to Gul'dan when the south seas expansion gets released? CAUSE I AM!!

I personally do not believe he was killed by those demons I want to see some sargaras action!

Undead: Putress..nuff said for anyone that played the recent expansion.

Bloodelf: San'lyn, but they were just recently discovered.

Troll: Armani Trolls!, tried to take over the old gods and use them as slaves to destroy the great nations.

Expect alot of Troll lore with Uldum!

Alliance was pretty well explained uptop

Quote Originally Posted by Alveredus
    Actually, lorewise, there are a couple thousand high elves still in the Alliance (the majority went Horde) and Stormwind has 200,000 residents. Which makes it the most massive city in Azeroth. Org has around 15k orcs living there. There are around 13k Forsaken in Undercity.

actuall those numbers are from before wrathgate i doubt there are more then 10K forsaken in UC now
    A look at the warcraft novels, RPG books, games and magical french space soccer.

Glory to person-whose-name-I-dont-know-but-rules-Kul-Tiras!

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    and the thing is.. most of the "evil" in the alliance hasn't effected the Horde as much as the Alliance itself. The Horde straight out of the starting zone kill the Alliance while were hanging out killing hogger and getting pie for billy.
    actuall its just former alliance, we dont start killing allies until Barrens, and even then its just invaders.
    we get to civilians later
    A look at the warcraft novels, RPG books, games and magical french space soccer.

Glory to person-whose-name-I-dont-know-but-rules-Kul-Tiras!