Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Jewelcrafters - what do you do with your green gems?

Hey guys!

I've recently leveled Jewelcrafting and started to prospect lots of ore. I've found that I end up with loads of green quality gems. They don't really sell for anything on the AH and no one wants to buy the cut ones.
    I make Icy Prism every day, but I still have several stacks of green gems.

So my question is - what do you guys do with your green quality gems?

Thanks in advance for any tips!

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Jewelcrafters - what do you do with your green gems?

If you have an alt or a friend who is an enchanter, you can make several items that only require one uncommon gem and 2 crystallized earth and DE them.

For instance:
    http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=58141 - Crystal Citrine Necklace
    http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=56193 - Bloodstone Band
    http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=56194 - Sun Rock Ring

They only give 1-2 dust a piece, usually, but considering the abundance of uncommon gems and eternal earths I had sitting around, it was well worth it.
    I heal, therefore I am. Something like that, anyway...

Kayni - Draenei Resto / Enh Shaman (Whisperwind)

yup i do the same thing. I end up with around 8 stacks of dust after DE'ing the greens made from the left over gems, they sell for around 100g a stack on my server so its a nice little extra chunk of gold.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

Quote Originally Posted by xpolockx
    And my Blue/Green/Purple for Icy Prisms.

I'm surprised by your comment that green gems don't sell for much. On my server the uncut gems sell for much more than the cut green ones. For me, I do the enchanting thing for a few of my green gems. But when the green gems sell for 5-10g a piece, its easier just to sell them.

the icy prism on every cd and the dailis

Chalcedony will usually sell slightly higher than bloodstone/huge citrine/sun crystal, so I usually AH them and make the other three into jewelery and DE them. I'm a jc/ench so I buy saronite ore from trade/ah, and the de mats from bloodstone/citrine/crystals alone are enough to cover the mats of the ore.

Dark Jade and shadow crystals i keep for icy prisms, but also you cut and vendor them if they sell for less than 75s on the AH (they fluctuate between 50s to 2g on my server)

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

my server green quality gems range from 2 - 7g So i sell them in bulk.

Last prospect i did with about 6000 saronite ore i made over 10k gold just from selling green gems O.o
    I am a human and I'm inside your head " " Not for long Human! " he laughed " I am a tactical MASTER! " he grabbed a knife and plunged it into his head " DIE NAO HUMAN... " " OMFG did you just stab yourself in the head?! that's F'ing awesome! "

Metas
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I pity people who have gotten so insensate to disrespect and abuse from repetition that they have elevated being jaded to a virtue.

rings/necks from red/yellow/orange and AHing the rest
    as lots of jcs buys them daily just to have an icy prism

i try to keep a stack of each of the green quality gems in my personal bank for JC dailys (I dropped mining for BS) and then i keep at least 2 stacks of each gem in my personal guild bank so I have them for future dailys. The rest get turned into rings and necks to be de'ed for enchanting mats. I make sure I have enough mats onhand to enchant any new piece of gear I pick up and sell the rest. Green quality gems really dont sell all that well (and if they do you have to undercut the people who spam trade everyday buy saronite in bulk) so if you bought the ore you really dont make much. Whereas a stack of infinite dust can sell for over 150g.

Also with the introduction of epic gems, blue quality gems dont sell for much anymore so I send them to my alchemist alt and transmute them. It is a slow process but beats having to use emblems or honor every time i get an upgrade

Thanks a lot for the tips, guys! It's much appreciated!

Majesty

Bank them. When I get 30+ of each gem I sell stacks for 30-40g each. The rest I use for dailies.

Prisms aren't worth it anymore. The chance of getting an epic is too low. And you HAVE to get a Scarlet Ruby to make your money back. I could sell the mats for a prism for 30-40g or I could make a Prism and get fucking shit blue gems that sell for less than 10g each.

15+ Year Old Account

not to mention the frozen orb, which is worth 10g itself.

I put them in the bank and forget about them. I have loads of stacks of gems in the bank. Cause I might one day level JC on another toon, or have a friend that needs them to level their JC. Maybe.

Oh, I also use them for alts or alts of friends who are leveling. I'll cut up a crapload of the ones I'll use most and send them over. Like I'm leveling my enhancement shaman and I cut around 20 or so of the AP gems and mailed them to him, and left them in the mailbox for when I need them. Afterwords, if I have any left over I put them in the guild bank and let guildies pick at what I didn't use

My question is different, what you do with the rare gems??? Some green ones almost sell higher than the blue ones on my server...

Quote Originally Posted by elderamy
    My question is different, what you do with the rare gems??? Some green ones almost sell higher than the blue ones on my server...
    Same thing, but for gear I plan on keeping for awhile. Better gems for gear I'll have for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by elderamy
    Cut them and sell them, on my server they still sell for 15-30g (Forest 10-15g, Scarlet for 45-50g). It's not super neat profits, but it's certainly profit considering I generally pay less than 15g for a stack of saronite that yield 1 rare gem on average.

orange, yellow and red + eternal earth = bunch of items for DE

orange + green + eternal fire = meta

blue + green + purple + frozen orb = Icy (you can get epic gem sometimes)

some types of rare gems goes from 20-40g on my server

epic gem master transmutation from rare ones. got x5 once.

but i have Mining, JC, Master Transmutation and Eng so getting eternal fire is super fast, also always get bonus on meta transmutation.

Stood in the Fire DaveTheHunter's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Chalcedony and dark jade sell for 90-120g a stack on my server, so I've been banking on that.