Problems on 10/25 man Grand Crusader.

After looking at everything I can fathom, I've decided to come here for help. For whatever reason I keep running into a problem while tanking Gormak the Impaler. On regular it's a cake walk simply because it's on regular. But I didn't have this problem on 10 man TotGC Jaraxxus.

My question is, I know it's a heavy damage fight, but other classes seem to tank it just fine. Is it me or is it Warriors in general? There's a link in my signature to my armory profile if anyone could throw some constructive criticism my way or shed some light on the subject.

Thanks.

Re: Problems on 10/25 man Grand Crusader.

You need to rotate CDs for every pair of impales after 3 kobolds, my gear is much worse and I can do it as a warrior.

Yeah I've been working on trying to see which CD's work out the best and when. Actually improved a little after the post was made.

Malto, I am a Prot warrior returning to the game with a goal of clearing ICC pre-nerfs...i left shortly after Ulduar was released...if you (or anyone) could please post what CD's you use and when to help you out the most, im sure i'm not the only warrior here that would benefit from it. I usually gear my character for avoidance, so heavy damage fights never really were too horrible for me :-)

Hope you figure everything out, good luck!

Malto, you could boost your survivability somewhat by changing a few gems (expertise/stamina to pure stamina). Anyway, I've done Beasts on Heroic (10- and 25-man) numerous times as a Warrior. My guild uses 3 tanks for the encounter, and we switch at 2 stacks of Impale. Here's what I do: pop a cooldown before the second Impale lands. That way you avoid the ludicrous amount of damage that can arise in those precious few seconds before another tank taunts off you. I generally find that I only have to do this on 25-man, though. Make sure to call out for a Hand of Protection if the damage from Impale is too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Polution
    Malto, I am a Prot warrior returning to the game with a goal of clearing ICC pre-nerfs...i left shortly after Ulduar was released...if you (or anyone) could please post what CD's you use and when to help you out the most, im sure i'm not the only warrior here that would benefit from it. I usually gear my character for avoidance, so heavy damage fights never really were too horrible for me :-)
    Without seeing your trinkets I can tell you that you at least have Shield Wall and Last Stand. Now for each fight it varies when you use CD's downs depending on a high damaging attack during a fight, Mimiron's phase 1 Plasma Blast for example, which you can time the use of the Shield Wall for. Or in a fight like Gormak, Thorim, Koralon, etc.., which gets progressively harder as time goes on you can use Last Stand and or Shield Wall towards the end to make it easier on heals. Other then that you also have Shield Block that should be used pretty much whenever it's up or if you are saving it for something like mentioned above.

Now, I also have Juggernaut's Vitality, which acts like a mini Last Stand, and Heart of Iron, which can also be used alone or with other mentioned CD's.