How would you make Affliction competable with the Burst PVP?

i dont know if changing the HOT / DOT damage is good enough.

my feeling of changing the duration times but doing same amount of damage, if that would make all affliction pvp locks drain tank everything.

all the affliction warlock pvp vids would be full of chain saw sound effects.

I would like to see less cast time and more mobility and keeping the dot tick rate the same.

affliction locks hinderance is having to stand there to cast a 2 second cast for what 3k hp back and damage rate that can be easly healed back by most classes

i know at blizzcon they said they didnt want to get into a first person shooter type deal.

but wouldnt that type of fight style with affliction work the better.

/discuss?

Re: How would you make Affliction competable with the Burst PVP?

Umm, 2 more instant cast dots . . . and being able to portal outta stuns

Quote Originally Posted by kaos95
    Demonic circle?

DC cannot port out of stuns. trust me i want this so bad.

Ain't that the truth. I think at one point DC actually did that, along with de-targeting you.
    Dranei Ultra-Nationalist and Mac'Aree Patriot

I dont really want more DoTs... unless they have a secondary effect if they are dispelled. They changed siphon life because the rotation was too complicated and too easy to gimp DPS.

What I want is some serious Shadow Bolt buffage in the affliction tree since affliction is the shadow damage spec. Or if they cannot make affliction more offensive, then make it more defensive (although I really dont want to see another 'drain tank' type season).
    Definition of useless -

Q. Any plans for an untalented spell to help warlocks deal with stuns?
    A. Possibly. It’s also possible we may take a look at stuns in general. But overall stuns will feel less impacting in an environment where players have significantly more health than they do today.

Affliction PvP needs filler damage for casting during dot uptime. Have fun getting interrupted casting shadowbolt/drainlife/drain soul or doing gimp damage with searing pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Ofmanv
    Affliction PvP needs filler damage for casting during dot uptime. Have fun getting interrupted casting shadowbolt/drainlife/drain soul or doing gimp damage with searing pain.

This guy gets it.

We don't want stronger SB's or anything. Affliction back in the days meant constantly moving, applying DoTs at every cooldown you could squeeze in. Affliction today is trying to keep more than 2 DoTs up at the same target without being interrupted.

I've tried both speccs in 3v3. And while Affliction deals massive damage when not being zerged, it did poorly burst when zerged - meaning the other DPS was close to alone trying to get a person down. As destruction I still get off some serious damage even though I'm targeted, making it possible to CC/Burst people down. That's sadly something that Blizzard doesn't see, and hence nerfing conflag in next patch.

I'd love to get a talent that increases fear range to 30 yards in the affliction tree, and maybe something that proccs instant fears (like improved fear was at the start). Then I'd actually be able to CC a healer (that stays on max range) and be useful.

Another thing I just realized that would be really fucking awesome, would be some talent that made every Life Drain -tick reduce your next shadowbolt -cast time by like 0.2 seconds. That would reintroduce both drains and shadow bolt usage in arenas. Hmm... it's so genious I should make a new post about it.