Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Anyone notice priests dont bitch?

Quote Originally Posted by Berdine
    if u look at the AJ forums the only thing pvp priests ask for is shadowfiend to not get so easily kited, IE 1 cyclone counters a 5 min spell, and for a slight scaling of manaregen so we dont fail so hard in the department, thats it :P
    This, and more of this. Druids are silly. Priests are technically tanks since we can't escape, yet druids get PS on a 1 minute cooldown that lasts 12s (oh noes 10% less mitigation). To get a kill on a priest you dispel his bubble/pom/renew etc to make him squishier. If you dispel a druid's stack of hots he gets healed (lifebloom). Then any kind of melee just sits on us (since we're tanks) while a druid goes travel form and prances away.

It just seems that they have the best of both worlds, tanking and mobility. Innervate is far easier to use successfully too.

All that said I know priests have their weaknesses because of how powerful they are in some regards.

Priests arent underpowered, just takes the highest skill cap out of the healers cause u cant turtle. Btw u can MC off cliffs nemore it blinks em back up, play a priest plz.
    Wrong i have a priest and i have mindcontrolled a stalking lock off a cliff. he didn't blink back up he just died

Priests arent underpowered, just takes the highest skill cap out of the healers cause u cant turtle. Btw u can MC off cliffs nemore it blinks em back up, play a priest plz.
    Stop smoking crack.

You have always been able to MC players off cliffs. They never blink back.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/class-priest/eoy-from-ensidia-didnt-make-the-hm%27s-here%27s-why!!/

Priest's don't what?
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed.

Quote Originally Posted by bigblack23
    Disc Priests have been overpowered since season 3.

Priests get nerfed?

I roffled hard.
    let's see, least damage mitigation, damage output didn't scale with the hp and fell behind severely, worst mana regen, only healer that can't remove poison

YEAH, THEY"RE SCARY

shadow dps is fine lol, i have a shadow offspec, i pull 3.8k in shit dps, its just theory crafters who care that they pull 2% under mages or some shit, TBH i only really pvp because i dont have time to raid hardcore also i find it boring after raiding hardcore nax/maly/ulduar, but yes shadow priests do QQ alot :P
    spriests are doing about 20-30% less than pures (blizz said they wanted the difference to be 5%) in TOGC, not "in theory" or "theory crafting", they're actively doing that much less

and i'll bet anything on earth you can't pull 3.8k dps in "shit gear" unless you're factoring in mind sear, which i'm sure you are. anyone who has played an spriest a while knows that you have to work harder to get the same results

my enhance shaman in mostly level 80 quest gear does 3k dps in naxx/os/maly

my spriest couldn't pull 3k dps until it was wearing naxx gear (mind sear doesn't count)

You gotta click it off before they fall out of range. If you try to MC them into the ground it doesn't work ... MC->jump off->cancel MC and let them fall->win. It may not be an instant cast AOE knock back but it works (or used to .. haven't actually done it in a little while)

Usually I just use it to draw interrupts and save my holy school from lockout.

Quote Originally Posted by Eletharin
    You gotta click it off before they fall out of range. If you try to MC them into the ground it doesn't work ... MC->jump off->cancel MC and let them fall->win. It may not be an instant cast AOE knock back but it works (or used to .. haven't actually done it in a little while)

Usually I just use it to draw interrupts and save my holy school from lockout.
    so you juke people with a 3 second cast? those kinda people don't even have to be juked, just get behind them and watch them try to keyboard turn around and click you to death.

Priests are in a good spot now. The last thing I didn't like was the PoH nerf.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikni View Post
    If its too hard people will complain, if its too easy people will complain, hard core raiders will complain is theres a gate system, but then they will also complain if theres an open system, casual people will complain 5 mans are too hard, raiders will complain 5 mans are too easy, everyone will complain about 5 mans in general, hard core pvps will complain about arena balance, casual pvps will complain about BG balance, overall pvps will complain about balance in general.

to the op-
    like playing a specific class makes the player not bitch...man ur retarded.
    priests dont bitch about their class...they bitch about better healers...

Priests are just used to sucking since Vanilla and anyone who played a priest on Vanilla will agree that no amount of nerfs can make them suck so badly again (in pvp especially). Unlike many other classes, we were UP and moved to OP then received nerfs, not start OP and nerfed. In the end though, we QQ on the inside for every nerf, oh yes, we QQ on the inside.

The only thing I bitch about is the 5sr change. Before that I could last alot longer in arenas. I admit it needed a change, but wouldn't a better change be to change all the talents reducing mana costs to 99% rather than nerf ooc regen for all classes? Pet needs to stay on aggresive if I put it there and actually use it's leap when it's on autocast. I could write a macro, but it's behavior is stupid in the first place.

Other than that, Go priests!

Quote Originally Posted by greysin
    so you juke people with a 3 second cast? those kinda people don't even have to be juked, just get behind them and watch them try to keyboard turn around and click you to death.

It's not a juke. A juke is an attack that looks imminent but never actually follows through. He's saying that to avoid the person not dying to a MC jump, you have to cancel the MC after you make them jump, so that the server believes it's environmental damage inflicted by their own self, instead of by a priest's MC.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone
    to the op-
    like playing a specific class makes the player not bitch...man ur retarded.
    priests dont bitch about their class...they bitch about better healers...
    When your class is meant to heal and has 2 specs for it and EVERY other class has healing as a side spec, not being able to heal as well as a dps/tank preferred class is saddening. Again brings up vanilla wow, when we were dominant. Pallies ranged healing was laughable, really? some dude in plate steals all our gear? Wtf! Thank Muradin's beard they couldn't equip benediction. Druids before wood form, hahaha. Shamans... well... wouldn't know, rolled alliance. I remember them one shotting me in pvp though. Of course who didn't one shot a priest in pvp in vanilla?

Quote Originally Posted by greysin
    let's see, least damage mitigation,
    Stopped reading there and laughed so hard.

Quote Originally Posted by chambas
    MY Priests IS just used to sucking since Vanilla and anyone who played a priest on Vanilla will agree that no amount of nerfs can make MY PRIEST suck so badly again (in pvp especially). Unlike many other classes, I were UP and moved to OP then received nerfs, not start OP and nerfed. In the end though, I QQ on the inside for every nerf, oh yes, I QQ on the inside.
    fix'd.

Is the op serious? Shadow priests whines a lot, they are a reason tho.

From a Shadow Priest perspective, priests not bitching, in my opinion, is half of the problem.

Look at Ret Pallies? For all of BC, they whined and complained on the forums until Wrath, and when Wrath hit, guess who is the most OP class of them all.

Ret Pallies

And guess who dominated the arenas?

Ret Pallies

And guess who suddenly are telling PVP Shadow Priests to heal or go disc?

Ret Pallies.

It's BS really....

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

they only currently have every spec viable 2k+ in arena, id give up divine hymn to have holy viable in arena
    Don't touch my KING OH SHIT button please!

I don't bitch on the forums about anything priest related. What's the point? The WoW development team has a dart board in their office filled with classes and specs in which to buff and nerf. It seems priests are the bullseye on the buff board and the border on the nerf board. I just embrace every nerf and continue to play on, loving my priest regardless of what they do to it.