Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...

Re: Anyone notice priests dont bitch?

Quote Originally Posted by rabbimojo
    The psn clense we want is for pvp, Holy is not pvp. Nobody cares about raid psns becuase that what a clensing totem is for, it clenses aoe every 2 seconds through walls...
    When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".

Everyone bitches, its human.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixia
    Whats the difference? I saw a lot of "this nerf is useless bla bla bla" post when the change was announced.
    People say warlocks bitch when we said "Thanks for the burst but thats not what we need."

Bitch, Merriam Webster:

3 : to complain of or about
    Complain, Merriam Webster:
    1 : to express grief, pain, or discontent <complaining about the weather>
    2 : to make a formal accusation or charge

Criticize, Merriam Webster:
    1 : to consider the merits and demerits of and judge accordingly : evaluate
    2 : to find fault with : point out the faults of

As such, bitching expresses a negative personal feeling about something, regardless of merit. "This weather sucks."
    Criticism points out the faults of something (or evaluates): "This weather makes it difficult to have a picnic."

Again, I would contend that more priests post with criticism rather than bitching. If people dilute criticism into bitching, there would never be constructive responses or posts about a subject. Its possible to disagree with something without resorting to "bitching."

Oh, and I could go into an Orwellian discussion on how the destruction of the English language means the destruction of the world and freedom, but that would be just pretentious. Suffice to say, "bitching" or "complaining" is not the same as "criticism."

before this degrades into a semantics argument:

We do QQ, whatever the definition of that is. For the past few months I have been pleading for shadow FIXES in these forums and have seen many others take the challenge on with a level-headed tone. I unfortunately stopped playing the day before the new shadow changes were announced. The complaints over the past years have been understandable and I feel blizzard has responded well.

You know why. Any educated observer knows when to press and a complaint and when to accept things. Shadow Priests complained when everyone got replenishment and accepted it due to changing ideals. Holy complained after the coh nerf, but accepted it VERY quickly because we were still capable healers and OP in Uld until the PoH nerf.

In pvp, shadow is still left out, and there will be adequate complaining until it's fixed. Right now, dispell is OP. It really is. If you can't see that then you need to figure it out. When you dispell a sacred shield off a prot/holy pally, thats effectively an instant cast 4k damage spike. When you take off a priest bubble, same thing. Cancelling many CC's is also a huge buff. and being able to SWD sheeps and blinds is very cool.

Everyone wants their class to be different in some way, priests have been effective at getting the changes done because I actually feel the developers play a priest. (shadow pve was just unfair till 3.3 with haste being useless)

Quote Originally Posted by Berdine
    Name say it all, i love priest forums for the pure fact priests dont bitch, we cop nerfs alot (this isnt bitching) but take it on the chin, keep it up peeps, we'll be flavor one day, ps this also goes for AJ forums, check em out

1. there is nothing to bitch about
    2. when blizz added the 2 secs cooldown to penance there was 4 threads up in 1 hour

your stupid

Quote Originally Posted by killarth

2. when blizz added the 2 secs cooldown to penance there was 4 threads up in 1 hour

your stupid
    Please understand the difference between "criticism" and "bitching"
    Quote Originally Posted by [-Spiritus-
    ]
    good stuff here
    I haven't seen a priest excessively bitch like the other classes, and I see that we mostly criticize Blizz instead of QQOMGWTF!@!@!!

Quote Originally Posted by killarth

your stupid
    When someone says "your stupid", it cracks me up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenarius
    You sir, is a retard.

Priests dont bitch. We speak the truth.

I, personally, haven't met many hot-headed Priests. To be perfectly fair, I haven't met many well-informed Priests either. To me, it seems that most of us play simple, and won't bother posting on forums in a desperate attempt to undo a nerf (that, in most cases in WotLK, was perfectly justified).

That being said, we do criticize a lot, those of us that are active on forums. The difference here is that while most Priest criticism is fairly level-headed, criticism (or QQ, whichever term you prefer) from other classes tend to be a bit stronger, a bit more illogical.

This is from my experiences at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanty

give me a break. every class is bitchy at some points. priests just got an imba pvp spec and tons of pve spells to use in their rotation so they better shut it if they don't wanna get ultra-nerfed, just like resto druids.
    Yes, 10% base haste is a nerf... please shut up

Quote Originally Posted by Aureliana
    Yes, 10% base haste is a nerf... please shut up
    "omg u meen i need haste on mah gere not jst crit/sp?"
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~