Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Patch 3.3 Totems, AH Guide Part 3, Comics

Let's start the week slowly, we're still waiting for most of the interesting stuff in Patch 3.3 and hopefully we'll start seeing some loot and raid bosses this week. If some of you are still looking for a source for the Battle.net migration deadline, the FAQ is still available on the Korean Battle.net Website

Patch 3.3 - New Totems
    A lot of shamans yelled at me because I posted a video of the new totems for dwarves and not for orcs and trolls. Fixed. Note: Dwarves Shamans will NOT be available with the patch, only the totems were included here. You will have to wait for the expansion to play one.

HTML Code:
    <object width="640" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DNxRiFS63-Q&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DNxRiFS63-Q&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="405"></embed></object>

Auction House (Mini) Guide Part 3 - Prospecting!
    It's monday! Time for a small addition to the ever popular Auction House guides! If you missed the first 2 posts make sure you take a look at it (even if it's not really needed)

Today I'm just going to point out how simple it can be to make money with little effort, the only thing you will need is a Jewelcrafter.

Just head to the Auction House and check the price of Thorium Ore, then check the prices of

That's the 5 gems you will get when you prospect Thorium, the interesting thing is ... on most servers, their value is much higher than what it costs to prospect them from ore bought at the Auction House. In the past people commented on my guides to point out that I play on a crazy server and that everything I write is useless on any other server. I'll just use Wowhead's average prices this time: Thorium price is 40G a stack, gems are :

The average price of these 5 gems is 14G, you have a pretty high chance to get 2 of them (probably 30%) but I'll just assume that you're very unlucky and always get one. 4 gems at an average price of 14G will sell for 56G ... That's a 40% profit just for pushing the "prospect" key.

The profit is much higher most of the time because you get more than one gem but I don't really like to theorycraft about that kind of stuff, if you need a spreadsheet to figure out if it's worth doing it, the profit is already too low and you shouldn't do it (or you really suck at maths but let's pretend you're all smart!)

You can also expand that to a few more ores, but Thorium is usually the most profitable. (You will also need to wait a few days before actually doing that, because everyone on your server saw this guide and relisted the Thorium at 300% of its original price)

Yes, that's it. The title says (Mini) guide for a reason and I thought it was a pretty good way to point out how easy it is to make gold from the AH without any effort. (And the Thorium trick is actually VERY profitable on the long run, you should be able to pull 200~300G/day out of this without too much problem)

Comics
    Dark Legacy Comic #209 and Teh Gladiators #95 are out!

Re: Patch 3.3 Totems, AH Guide Part 3, Comics

ty for the totem video.

The guide isn't all that informative tho, but ofc it's a way to earn a tiny chunk of gold

good luck to anyone whoever tries this guide out :

That was a short guide.

Admit it. Someone sent you death warning for these guides... :-P
    _
    r

Nah they couldn't afford the stamps anymore.

You forgot to mention that those gems aren't the most stable income, it's a special niche where you can't be sure of your sales, unless you're on welfare and have the time to check your auctions the entire day...

I don't know what server you play on, but the WoWHead average price of 40g for a stack of thorium is a joke. Try twice that on any decently populated server.

And no, the gem prices on the AH don't scale up to match. Blacksmithing as a secondary profession is what keeps Thorium high, since it takes around 450 bars to hit 300.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed.

Try 200g per stack of Thorium on a crappy populated Horde Side of a crappy populated server.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidonis
    I don't know what server you play on, but the WoWHead average price of 40g for a stack of thorium is a joke. Try twice that on any decently populated server.

And no, the gem prices on the AH don't scale up to match. Blacksmithing as a secondary profession is what keeps Thorium high, since it takes around 450 bars to hit 300.
    I buy them for 20G/stack on my server ;D

Yes, made a lot of gold out of it. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Jiry
    You forgot to mention that those gems aren't the most stable income, it's a special niche where you can't be sure of your sales, unless you're on welfare and have the time to check your auctions the entire day
    oh, of course it's easy to sell them, there are always people who are leveling jc and they can't do it w/o these gems

no, here is how you make money:
    Make sure you have at least 2 jewelcrafting characters. Do the daily quest. You get 2 dragon's eye. Sell your dragon's eye or create nightmare tears. Grats, you got 200g or more. Now start playing the game.

first you ruin my glyph income, and now this! damn you!

still love you though <3 keep the news coming
    Armory link to my rogue --> http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Frostmane&n=Colalover

Hehehe Dark Legacy Comics is awsome as usuall.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

why swing an axe when you can place it on the ground and have water and fire shoot out of it

Yaaay, new totems finally! Poor Tauren, getting stuck with the old ones... :-\

I like that all the troll ones have different tiki faces on them.

and there goes ore prices on my server...

well, now i can make money by farming it and selling it raw :3

I want to have sex with the Troll totems.

The best way to make money is to get Boubouille to tell you in advance when he is going to post a guide, so you can prepare
    I wanna go back to my trainer and learn a new spell in the next expansion! And we all need to be able to fly from day 1 ! (And fly over the Exodar and Silvermoon on our own mounts!)

ty for letting me make huge amounts of gold selling massively overpriced thorium to people dumb enough to follow this guide, thorium at 70g and climbing
    http://cronocious.deviantart.com/

Same on Burning Legion EU horde side. But prices has always been 60-70g or higher for thorium.