what spec suits my current gear level?

hi guys,

I have begun seriously raiding in the last two months. With my guild I have run through about half of uldar, onyxia and VOA.

My dps is fluxuating alot depending on the fight but in a standard situation I am hitting around 3.5k. As far as I know this is quite weak for my gear level. As I said I am still rather new to the more elaborate fights that the new raids involve and because of that my rotation suffers. If I can stand still and concentrate I can do over 4k or even 5 if there is a shed load of adds to spam blood boijl on (onyxia drakes for example). This i suspect is just a matter of practice though.

What I am curious about is if Unholy or blood would suit my gear level more. As far as I know blood is accepted as the best single target damage for dk's, but I have heard that Unholy can offer better dps if your gear is not quite up to scratch yet, which mine clearly isnt. It may also help to know that I am on the virge of another triumph piece and another conquest piece of gear.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...as&n=Bloodwing

The EJ forums seem to be divided as to the best spec for my level and also if Unholy should be a unholy/blood or unholy/frost mix right now.

Any advice you guys have would be very much appreciated, thank you for your time

g

ps. if anyone can tell me why my DRW doesnt hit some bosses that would also be cool lol

Re: what spec suits my current gear level?

Mmm, Blood, DW Frost or Unholy.

But seriously, your gear is beautiful, at least in my under progressed eyes.

Personally I keep 2 DPS specs because I don't believe in DK Tanking. Blood for certain fights (Your blood spec is a little off, move Imp BP to Vampiric Blood, more survivablity).

Unholy for other fights. It's better in AoE fights that take place in late Ulduar (Keepers / Yogg) and ToC, and it buffs spell dps, so if you run with alot of spell dps go ahead and run it.

Based on the amount of armor pen you have, unholy might end up being more dps than blood due to blood getting much better the more armor pen you have.

On your gem choices, going for socket bonuses is not always in your best interest. Most times, straight strength will give you the most "bang for your buck". As long as you have the correct gems to meet the meta requirement, you are fine gemming +20 str, except for maybe socket bonuses of 6 or 8 str, which isn't terrible. Previous poster mentioned Nightmare Tear which is a good way to meet meta requirements.

You may have to eat a few gems and gem for hit until you get to 8% unless you can get some gear to boost your hit. Eventually you will get some more gear with exp (not sure I'd recommend gemming for exp though).
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Zul%27jin&n=Malsarys

Quote Originally Posted by Box of Rox
    Mmm, Blood, DW Frost or Unholy.

But seriously, your gear is beautiful, at least in my under progressed eyes.

Personally I keep 2 DPS specs because I don't believe in DK Tanking. Blood for certain fights (Your blood spec is a little off, move Imp BP to Vampiric Blood, more survivablity).

Unholy for other fights. It's better in AoE fights that take place in late Ulduar (Keepers / Yogg) and ToC, and it buffs spell dps, so if you run with alot of spell dps go ahead and run it.

Actually your wrong

In blood you have 1 spare point

ibp is actually better based on it doesnt cost blood runes

while you can fit in vamp blood it lowers your dps

the ej thread would back me up

Quote Originally Posted by killarth

Actually your wrong

In blood you have 1 spare point

ibp is actually better based on it doesnt cost blood runes

while you can fit in vamp blood it lowers your dps

the ej thread would back me up
    I don't wanna seem like a dick, but when you're doing ToC, I'm sure staying alive means alot more than your very tiny DPS increase. Vampirc Blood is an amazing cooldown, and with 6 usable runes at any given time for it, you shouldn't have a problem losing 200 dps to increase your survivability because you decided to stand in the fire.

Nevertheless, the 1 point doesnt matter at all... Neither Vamp Blood or IBP will help your DPS, though vamp blood could technically cost you a heart strike for the price of you surviving, which then allows you to do many other heart strikes. But then again, it doesnt matter at all, its a useless filler point.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Quote Originally Posted by Box of Rox
    I don't wanna seem like a dick, but when you're doing ToC, I'm sure staying alive means alot more than your very tiny DPS increase. Vampirc Blood is an amazing cooldown, and with 6 usable runes at any given time for it, you shouldn't have a problem losing 200 dps to increase your survivability because you decided to stand in the fire.
    Both talents increase survivability. One could save you in a pinch, the other saves your healers some mana/time. If you are in need of popping VB because you stood in the fire than I'm pretty sure you have bigger problems than worrying about where your 1 spare point is going...
    And sure, your son may find a women on warcraft. Just beware that she is probably whoring herself off to get mounted or partcipates in one of those secret guild orgies Pastor Jack warned us about.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihatepallys
    I do not take either one personally I take Mark of Blood for extra tank healing.
    When I was spec'd Blood I used that extra point in Scent of Blood. With all the AOE and adds and random damage flying about, you do get some extra RP out of the 1 point w/o having to do anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!

Hey guys thanks for the great replies. I swapped over to what seems to be the coookie cutter build over at EJ right now...

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...goSs,FQp,10482

I ran uldar tonight with my guild and was doing over 4k dps at all times without even trying. I think the lack of ArP has been hurting me alot!

The odd thing is I actually am hit capped. The gear listed in my armory at the time many of you commented is not my normal gear. For some reason I was wearing the wrong neck. I have now switched it back for any who want to take a second look.

Thanks for your time everyone

g