Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Do i have too much ARP?

Hello:

This is my profile: http://armory.wow-europe.com/charact...ino&n=zarzawan

I have a question and I need help; I have 749 (53.52%) of ARP and I would like to know if is too much and if I have to change gems of ARP to gems of agility.

Thank you very much

Re: Do i have too much ARP?

You don't have "too much" ArP, however you should never socket ArP.

In fact you shouldn't even be MM with that gear.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Atty

do tell

No you dont have too much, yes with your gear your right to gem ArP. NO such thing as too much, with your 53% when Toll procs your sure to have 100% ArP.
    Origins 10 Man Strict Guild Now Recruting!

Mad props to Sokogeka for sig.

Thank you for your answer

Do you think if I need more gear to be MM?

For me is more easy to play in MM

Why do you keep saying ArP? I'm not a hunter but i can easily go to my character sheet go to Ranged and hover over Power and look at it saying "Ranged Attack Power". Is this a hunter fad, or a non US thing as in your character sheets are set up different?

Quote Originally Posted by zarzawan

B4 U work on arp cap, please make sure you are at hit cap!!!
    You r not as far as I can tell
    My Armory - Tenzi

Quote Originally Posted by LegaBone
    Why do you keep saying ArP? I'm not a hunter but i can easily go to my character sheet go to Ranged and hover over Power and look at it saying "Ranged Attack Power". Is this a hunter fad, or a non US thing as in your character sheets are set up different?
    Hmmm glad you are not a hunter 8-)! (Ar)mor (P)enetration rating ArP 8-)
    My Armory - Tenzi

Quote Originally Posted by Atty

And glass tastes good with flying quarters

c wut i did thar?

Anyways, you are below the ArP soft cap with the grim toll, so you actually need a little bit more ArP. Also, you are .05% below hit cap, so you need a very very tiny bit more hit.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Quote Originally Posted by Cybeloras
    i lol'd

your arp is actually below the soft cap, although not by much (soft cap for grim toll is 56.27%)

@ Indilgo : grim toll is 43% not 53%
    He is at 53% ArP, Toll gives 39.75% unless my RatingBuster deceives me.
    Origins 10 Man Strict Guild Now Recruting!

Mad props to Sokogeka for sig.

Roughly 1399.5 ArP, or 1400, is the ArP-Cap.
    GT grants 612 ArP, so you should have 788 ArP to be capped. (Not much more then that unless you're able to exchange GT with better trinkets.)

Sorry for going off topic, but since when do raid armor debuffs (sunder/Faerie Fire/etc) not count towards the ArP cap?
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Quote Originally Posted by nwo
    Sorry for going off topic, but since when do raid armor debuffs (sunder/Faerie Fire/etc) not count towards the ArP cap?
    Since forever. Armor debuffs lower the total amount of armor, but guess what, 79% of armor Ignored, is still going to be 79% of armor ignored at a lower amount. Sunder isn't a penetration, its just a total amount reduction.
    80 Orc Hunter: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Greymane&n=Hamstar

Tyrenis was before the race change.

Quote Originally Posted by zarzawan

MM is generally superior to Survival even at much lower gear levels than you have. Your gear's pretty good overall and your do not have too much ArP.

Now, even with Focused Aim, you are 0.05% below the hit cap. It'd probably be a DPS loss to use any gems on getting that any higher though, so I wouldn't worry about it much.

Without inputting your numbers into the spreadsheet, I'd have to imagine you'd probably do better gemming for agility instead of ArP, though. You only have about 520 ArP not counting the gems, and from what I've seen, it generally seems like you probably want closer to 750-800 without gems to make ArP gemming "worth it". Yes, I'm partially pulling those numbers from my ass, but I know the spreadsheet shows it as a definite DPS loss for me gemming ArP, and I'm at 549, I think, with no ArP gems. I've seen the spreadsheet say similar things for people at 650 or there abouts un-gemmed ArP too. Also, you have to realize that on ANY movement-heavy (or volley heavy) fight, ArP will be less valuable than the spreadsheet gives it credit for. At no possible gearing point, from what I've seen, does full gemming ArP give more than about a ~200 DPS upgrade over full gemming of agility. Is that really worth it to make yourself a bit of a one trick pony? I don't know. But the advice given about "never gemming for ArP" does, in fact, have some merit.

tl;dr: You'd probably be better off gemming for Agility over your current ArP gemming. But download the spreadsheet and do the math for yourself to see, and take into account that in any non-ideal sit and pewpewpew situation, ArP does lose its relative value to Agility.

Probably because you dont have an ArP trinket. ArP isnt to amazing for hunters unless we get all the way to the soft or hard cap. Hard cap isnt possible in current gear (atleast not after the ArP nerf it isnt, it used to be). If you dont have grim toll or runestone, keep gemming agi.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Quote Originally Posted by VonGimli
    And glass tastes good with flying quarters

c wut i did thar?

Anyways, you are below the ArP soft cap with the grim toll, so you actually need a little bit more ArP. Also, you are .05% below hit cap, so you need a very very tiny bit more hit.
    wat

I take it you've never used a spreadsheet.

Quote Originally Posted by VonGimli
    Probably because you dont have an ArP trinket. ArP isnt to amazing for hunters unless we get all the way to the soft or hard cap. Hard cap isnt possible in current gear (atleast not after the ArP nerf it isnt, it used to be). If you dont have grim toll or runestone, keep gemming agi.
    Did you even look at his armory? He has Grim Toll

Quote Originally Posted by Sartuk
    MM is generally superior to Survival even at much lower gear levels than you have. Your gear's pretty good overall and your do not have too much ArP.
    even though survival still is the superior dps spec?

Quote Originally Posted by Straye
    Did you even look at his armory? He has Grim Toll
    Even with the grim toll proc hes not near cap for arp, even with all his 200 arp he has with gems.

He would be much better off redoing them with agil gems, and getting a better trinket like;

Wrathstone http://armory.wow-europe.com/item-info.xml?i=45263
    Bandit's Insignia http://armory.wow-europe.com/item-info.xml?i=40371
    Death's Verdict http://armory.wow-europe.com/item-info.xml?i=47115

until he can gear up to a better non-gemmed arp lvl.
    My Armory - Tenzi