Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

WoW Battle.net Conversion Coming

WoW Battle.net Conversion Coming
    Now that's a surprise! European players have to merge on eu.battle.net and US players on us.battle.net.
    Originally Posted by Bornakk (Blue Tracker)
    A few months ago, we unveiled the Battle.net account, our new way for players to log in to World of Warcraft and future Blizzard games, sign up for upcoming beta tests, shop the online Blizzard Store, and more with just one username and password. This was just the first step in the rollout of the brand-new Battle.net; in the future, players will be able to use Battle.net to participate in cross-realm chat in World of Warcraft, create real-life friends lists, communicate across different games, and a whole lot more.

In preparation for the launch of these new features, on November 11, 2009, all current World of Warcraft players will be required to merge their World of Warcraft accounts with a Battle.net account in order to log in to the game. As our way to say “thanks” for taking a moment to go through the process, existing World of Warcraft accounts that upgrade to Battle.net (including those that have already switched over) will receive a brand-new penguin in-game pet -- check for him in your in-game mailbox later this week. Starting on November 11, all World of Warcraft players will need to log in to the game using a Battle.net username and password, and anyone who wishes to create a new World of Warcraft account will need to start with a Battle.net account.

Creating a Battle.net account is simple and free. To merge your existing account with a Battle.net account, visit http://us.battle.net . For more info, check out the Battle.net site or read the FAQ: http://us.battle.net/faq/index.html
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Q: What happens if I don’t merge my World of Warcraft account with a Battle.net account?
    A: After November 12, 2009, you won’t be able to log in to the game unless you merge your account with a Battle.net account. You will need to log in using your Battle.net account username (your email address) and password.

Q: How can I obtain the penguin pet?
    A: Once you’ve successfully merged a World of Warcraft account with a Battle.net account, the penguin pet will be sent via in-game mail to all existing characters on the merged World of Warcraft account, along with all future characters on that World of Warcraft account. Players who merged previously will also receive the pet this way.

Q: Do I need to merge by a certain date in order to receive the penguin?
    A: We plan to remove the ability to get the penguin pet at some point in the future, we haven’t determined exactly when just yet.

Q: If I create a new World of Warcraft account, will I receive the pet?
    A: Only existing World of Warcraft accounts that merge with a Battle.net account are eligible to receive the penguin pet. If you create a new Battle.net account after November 11 and merge an existing World of Warcraft account with it you will still be able to receive the pet. However, please note that we plan to remove the ability to get the penguin pet at some point in the future.
    The penguin will most likely be Oswald (also known as Mr. Chilly, he was renamed in the latest PTR build of Patch 3.3 but Oswald is a nice name too), Mr. Chilly was the pet given to US beta testers who converted their account to Battle.net when the feature was on WotLK beta servers. Please note that Pengu was also changed in Patch 3.3 and doesn't have his scary red eyes anymore.

Re: WoW Battle.net Conversion Coming

This is easy news then xD

Could you also link the old penguin image though?
    You mentioned it here as well: http://www.mmo-champion.com/news-2/n...november-12th/ But, there's no scary red eyes linked anywhere in today's news post.

Uh, wasn't this posted yesterday? Accidental repeat?

Blizzard should keep things easy and post them one time, instead of posting, deleting, and posting again. .-.

Quote Originally Posted by frostypyro
    Uh, wasn't this posted yesterday? Accidental repeat?
    No if you read both items, you'll see that they are different.

I had been avoiding any merge with Battle.net for as long as I could because of the horror stories I had heard. However after I got back from Blizzcon I wanted my Grunty as soon as possible. So I made the change.

There's been a couple times where I couldn't log in because of battle.net problems. Overall though it hasn't been too bad and the problems have seemed to have vanished as of late. I guess if there are any problems with it, come Nov. no one will notice anyway since everyone will be on it.

oh yeah!

//in b4 battle.net QQ

oh wait

Quote Originally Posted by VileMethoD
    I had been avoiding any merge with Battle.net for as long as I could because of the horror stories I had heard. However after I got back from Blizzcon I wanted my Grunty as soon as possible. So I made the change.

There's been a couple times where I couldn't log in because of battle.net problems. Overall though it hasn't been to bad and the problems have seemed to have vanished as of late. I guess if there are any problems with it, come Nov. no one will notice anyway since everyone will be on it.
    I've seen (in the EU) more people have problems without the B.Net than with
    >Signature Removed, Replacement Pending<

Quote Originally Posted by bbr

You mentioned it here as well: http://www.mmo-champion.com/news-2/n...november-12th/ But, there's no scary red eyes linked anywhere in today's news post.
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=44723#s...hots:id=144543

Scawwy.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr

More ways of crossfaction QQ about ganking? :P

They should really allow you to keep your account name - I really can't be arsed typing in my email.

This topic is very popular in wow-community... In (Removed) too... oh.. by the way... did you know that in (Removed) you can download more then 3 millions of free mp3s? for example look (Removed)
    you can register in (Removed)(little sister of Facebook) by click on (Removed)

Dinneredit: And did you know that spamming is the #1 cause of death in robots?

If being "forced" into a creating a battle.net account is the way the wind is blowing, then I'm not gonna fight it.

But I hope they have the bugs worked out - several times we've had multiple players DC during early Ulduar runs and not be able to log back on. The common thread between all of them? Battle.net accounts

Quote Originally Posted by Jathro
    If being "forced" into a creating a battle.net account is the way the wind is blowing, then I'm not gonna fight it.

But I hope they have the bugs worked out - several times we've had multiple players DC during early Ulduar runs and not be able to log back on. The common thread between all of them? Battle.net accounts
    There were also many times when people with b.net accounts were the only one able to log in, if a log in server is down you really can't do anything about it.

Quote Originally Posted by omglazor
    They should really allow you to keep your account name - I really can't be arsed typing in my email.
    Simply "Remember Account Name"

The penguin will most likely be Oswald (also known as Mr. Chilly, he was renamed in the latest PTR build of Patch 3.3 but Oswald is a nice name too), Mr. Chilly was the pet given to US beta testers who converted their account to Battle.net when the feature was on WotLK beta servers.
    Aww. I beta-tested WotLK but I did not know I could get Mr. Chilly?? Anyway I can still get? :P

merged all the accounts in my house the week it came available was quick and easy and none of the accounts were hacked or tampered with in anyway, i had a authenticator but my mrs son and daughter didnt and thier accounts are fine.

there is a reason there is a tick box on the login screen for the lazy typers

if you are worried about security maybe update your antivirus and spyware software and check your system before you merge or update to some decent antivirus/spyware

Merged my accounts and old WC/Diablo games as soon as the service was available. Never had a problem once with the system.

B.net's been fine for me, merged a month or so ago.

I've never had a problem with bnet. I merged my account more than 6 months ago. Not one problem. I don't know why people are so up in arms over it.