Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Well... Lightwell??

    I remember the day patch 1.10 came out and I was sooo excited about the upcoming changes that I couldnt sleep day before they were announced ;D. And from the very day I knew Lightwell was going to suck. Not only was the healing done was small and could be interrupted upon damage(which have been improved, as we know), but the sheer concept is bad. And now some 3 years, its still as bad as it used to be, nobody uses it( ITz gut for solo farming kiip it mg!!!!1!), there have been more complaints about it than on any other spell, ability, bug and as I noticed players resigned themselves to the state it is in already. But I feel, we as a class that has suffered from Blizz being lazy for a veeeeeery long time, we deserve to have a proper 31hol talent point. I know there have been gazillions of posts like this and nothing changed, and I dont even hope for something to change, but would much rather just hear your opinion about this, shall we call it SPELoL

  2. #2
    Herald of the Titans Ynna's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    2,736

    Re: Well... Lightwell??

    I really like Lightwell, to be honest.
    When I first dinged 80 and started doing heroics it saved my ass on numerous occasions. Then going to Naxx and OS I still found uses for it. And now I'm raiding Trial of The Crusader and Lightwell is a blessing, especially on Twin Val'kyr, because I can stop worrying about my own health and focus more on why my guild brought me, to keep the raid alive.
    Not to mention the love I get from Warlocks for putting one next to them.
    Retired Holy Priest
    As a rule, I try to act on the internet as I would in real life. If I have offended you, feel free to point it out. Unless I meant to offend you, I will probably apologize.

  3. #3

    Re: Well... Lightwell??

    Lightwell heals like a truck but it depends from other people. And dps usually don't like to target other things. I would like VERY much if lightwell could be changed into a random heal spammer like that one that TOC argent priests use.

  4. #4

    Re: Well... Lightwell??

    Quote Originally Posted by Aureliana
    Lightwell heals like a truck but it depends from other people. And dps usually don't like to target other things. I would like VERY much if lightwell could be changed into a random heal spammer like that one that TOC argent priests use.
    One that lasts a few seconds (maybe 10-20) and does a burst heal every X seconds, dependant on haste, to Y targets in Area Z?

    Sounds better to me. I don't have Lightwell, and I've never taken it.
    >Signature Removed, Replacement Pending<

  5. #5

    Re: Well... Lightwell??

    Quote Originally Posted by Ynna
    I really like Lightwell, to be honest.
    When I first dinged 80 and started doing heroics it saved my ass on numerous occasions. Then going to Naxx and OS I still found uses for it. And now I'm raiding Trial of The Crusader and Lightwell is a blessing, especially on Twin Val'kyr, because I can stop worrying about my own health and focus more on why my guild brought me, to keep the raid alive.
    Not to mention the love I get from Warlocks for putting one next to them.
    Haven't raided a whole lot in TotC/TotGC yet, but I do know in Sarth +3D it was huge. I'd place it next to the main tank and he'd use it everytime a breath was coming. Made the strain of healing him a lot less. I reckon I'd do the same in Twins, but I don't heal a lot anymore since I started tanking a few months ago.

  6. #6
    The Patient Keh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Glasgow, UK
    Posts
    306

    Re: Well... Lightwell??

    I would like VERY much if lightwell could be changed into a random heal spammer like that one that TOC argent priests use.
    Agreed.

    [B][SIZE=2]Not for Hire - Outland EU - RECRUITING - Currently 9/14 Heroic SoO - Contact Ingame.
    Casual D3 - Barbarian - Act 4 Inf : Monk - Act 1 Inf // RMAH Profit to date - £32.00 // Retired - 27th July 2012. What a waste of 300+ hours..

  7. #7

    Re: Well... Lightwell??

    Quote Originally Posted by Riltia
    One that lasts a few seconds (maybe 10-20) and does a burst heal every X seconds, dependant on haste, to Y targets in Area Z?

    Sounds better to me. I don't have Lightwell, and I've never taken it.
    Yes something like that. I'm not a theorycrafter so i don't know if it would be op or not.
    I've tried this lightwell, coupled with a yell and rw macro but 8-9 charges were always left.. It's a pity, in naxx it ticked for 3.2-3.3k

  8. #8

    Re: Well... Lightwell??

    Quote Originally Posted by Aureliana
    I would like VERY much if lightwell could be changed into a random heal spammer like that one that TOC argent priests use.
    my thoughts exactly


    i normally pop one in the ranged group on vezax where people should have time to click it, but noooo, i guess it will be as bad as always :<
    Quote Originally Posted by cryo85
    Because the X-53 is cooler than the Homo Steed
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    [Banned] For trolling.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    =======<()
    BBBBBBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    You can't balance vuvuzelas.

  9. #9

    Re: Well... Lightwell??

    No no, its pretty useless for most occasions as most raids nowadays require players to uh....move around, which is why it takes pug groups so long to be able to kill anything, people need 3 months to learn how to move out of fires.

    Mainly the only time this is used is to put on top of yourself to avoid wasting mana on Binding Heal (coz in full ToC gear you'll really need to worry about mana...owaitnot), if you are quick enough to click on it between GBC's. The ONLY time in WotLK I've ever found it truly useful was on KT in naxx, when other fail healers failed at healing frost blasted targets, because you can be healed by it when youre stunned.

    So unless icecrown bosses have kidney shot + dot priests, it wont even be on my bars.

    ps: Oh wait I lied, this is very useful to use as a flare or land marker, especially on really really really hard fights like Thaddius (POSITIVE -- LIGHTWELL, NEGATIVE -- NOT ON LIGHTWELL)

  10. #10

    Re: Well... Lightwell??

    Quote Originally Posted by Mashimaru04
    [size=9pt]No no, its pretty useless for most occasions as most raids nowadays require players to uh....move around...
    I don't get how that makes it useless. You have to move to get it, so might has well grab it while moving. The fact that it can be used while moving makes it so versatile. It's also healing that doesn't detract from the healers GCD and timem it just gets added on top of whatever else he's healing for "free" almost. The detriment falls on the DPS, which is why people don't like it.

    I'll explain what I mean by that...

    It's "bad" is because players don't normally want to be bothered with stopping what they are doing to click it. Especially specs that need to keep their target like rogues. People are so DPS hungry and care about nothing but what place they are in on Recount, that they don't want to take part in the Light Well, which I can kinda understand to an extent.

    When you think about it, it's a pretty powerful heal (mainly because of the fact that you don't have to "do" anything) that doesn't take a GCD from the healer. It's pretty much "free healing" for the healer, but the DPS have to actually do a little something and they don't like it. Sometimes on progression fights, the DPS can't even afford it period.

    I can think of plenty of situations where dropping a well by the boss would be awesome for the melee and tanks standing there.

    What I'm trying to say is, when used correctly by everyone involved, it does indeed help out quite a bit.

    I think to solve this problem they need to give it a little more range, like 8 yards, and make it so right clicking it does not change your target. If those 2 things happened I think everyone should take Light Well.

    EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/

  11. #11

    Re: Well... Lightwell??

    When people use it and then take damage.
    Makes the talent pretty useless.

  12. #12

    Re: Well... Lightwell??

    LW was useful on XT-HM for melee.

    But I agree... giving the ToC priestesses a truly functional LW was like blizzard sending me an in-game mail saying, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA GOT U GUD U F*CKERS!

    ...all while GC keeps saying, LOLLWISFINEL2PUNUBS!!!

    If LW is so awesome as it is... let your bastard NPCs run over and click the damn things themselves.

  13. #13

    Re: Well... Lightwell??

    Dont tell anyone, but I use lolwell, and like it.

    normally I just stick it next to me on most fights, between divine hymn and lightwell, even when the whole raid takes dmg im full almost strait away. I know this is wasting group overheals on me, but takes the risk of death away alowing me to heal... well everyone else.

    Used to be terrible, but its not that bad now.

  14. #14

    Re: Well... Lightwell??

    or make it baseline and get another talent in there.
    When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".

  15. #15

    Re: Well... Lightwell??

    Maybe something like:

    Improved Lolwell:
    When someone within 10 yards (modified by Holy Reach) drops below 25% health, he will receive the Lolwell healing over time effect. This effect consumes 1 charge and has a 15 seconds cooldown.

    This would ensure that most of the stacks would be used up even if noone clicks the well.
    Armories:
    Pally: Chiaki
    Dk: Telare
    Warrior: Irlida

  16. #16

    Re: Well... Lightwell??

    I don't like abilities like this that require other roles to actively participate in the healing. When I'm assigned to healing that's what I'll do: Heal. I don't expect the DPS or Tank to help me with the healing, just as they don't expect me to MT Patch.

    Therefore an ability like Failwell that requires people to stop what they are doing and use it is counter productive imo. Granted a DPS who dies does less than one who spends 5 seconds running over for a heal, but I don't like it anyway.

    As many others have said, change it to the TOC one, give it the same abilities. Put a max of 10 charges (or any non-OP number) and give it a 2 minute Cd or whatever, and watch all Holy Priest's snap it up. Or leave it as it is and watch all Holy Priest's ignore it.

    I am Priest - Play Free Online Games

  17. #17

    Re: Well... Lightwell??

    Mmk the ToC lawlwell is basically a cool looking renew, why would blizz ever make our lightwell like that when we have a spell that does the same thing.

    The only time I've ever seen and expect to see a melee dps use light well is when they are not in a position to dps the boss ie. XT hardmode when they get lightbomb. I'll throw lawlwell up to where lightbomb people go, i dont expect casters to use it because theyll be expecting healers not to fail and its a risk of a waste of dps by clicking on it. Basically, people who use lightwell other than the priest have no faith in their raid heals and have to take it upon themselves to heal up, which is dumb.

    It would be better if you didnt target it when you clicked on it. It would be even better if it was just redesigned.
    Something like a Curse of doom would be cool, where like 1 min after you set up the lightwell it would explode and heal all targets within 15 yards for x amount. Or maybe even an actual well in the ground where if you stand in it you get an obviously much less OP HoT for the duration (like healing stream totem), or take an extra % of healing done to you.

  18. #18
    Stood in the Fire darkfireyguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Posts
    456

    Re: Well... Lightwell??

    Quote Originally Posted by Mashimaru04
    Or maybe even an actual well in the ground where if you stand in it you get an obviously much less OP HoT for the duration (like healing stream totem), or take an extra % of healing done to you.
    I like this idea
    Proud Healer Since 2007
    "Wizard's First Rule: People are stupid."

  19. #19

    Re: Well... Lightwell??

    Quote Originally Posted by Mashimaru04
    Mmk the ToC lawlwell is basically a cool looking renew, why would blizz ever make our lightwell like that when we have a spell that does the same thing.
    No, it's not. Renew is single target. I'm not sure if the ToC Lightwell heals a random target or the one with the lowest health, but it's quite different from Renew.
    - Dreams. What are dreams? Dreams are nothing, my brother.
    - Dreams are nothing, sister? Without dreams, there could be no despair.

  20. #20
    Brewmaster Azahel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Moon Guard
    Posts
    1,271

    Re: Well... Lightwell??

    Lightwell is very good in my opinion, I just love it. (It iz indeed guten for soloin stuffz)
    But keep in mind that it's not made to heal tanks! Usually the people who suffer the most in raids and stuff are the very healers, u drop a lightwell on ur feet, and target it once in a while when casting a spell that is not instant, it doesn't interrupt the casting, you can just click on it and target anything else in a second or two, it matches well with the healer's HP and the best part, IT'S HELLA CHEAP!
    Instead of HoTing yourself, or other healers, or casters or that !@#$% annoying lock who keeps trying to suicide, just drop one of those babies and concentrate on the people in the front lines.
    What's not to love?

    "Posting impassionately, they say you don't care. Posting nothing, they say you ignore. Posting with passion, you incite trolls. Posting fluff, you say nonsense. Post with what facts you have, they whittle down with rationale.
    There is no win, there is only slow degradation." Tseric and the truth about WoW community.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •