Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Well... Lightwell??

Quote Originally Posted by Ironfoot
    I don't like abilities like this that require other roles to actively participate in the healing.
    You mean like health pots or health stones?
    How is LW any different except for the fact that you can use it more then once per boss fight??

If it's close by use it, if u have to run a mile forget it, someone will probably heal you before you reach it. I like LW, but you have to teach your teamates to acknowledge it's presence.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbanne
    How is LW any different except for the fact that you can use it more then once per boss fight??
    You can't keybind it to get healed and you lose your current target.
    You see, there's this thing called "aggro". It's a very complicated, very technical roleplaying expression.
    Loosely translated, it means "the priest dies".

I love Lightwell. Not only is it great healing, but it also requires the other people to actually use their brains instead of crying "HEEL ME NAU" every other second. People complain about the game becoming too easy, and then others want to change Lightwell into a crappy burst?

There is already too many good talents in Holy as it is, leave it as it is so i dont have to worry about taking it

Try a macro that actually targets it, then bash ur interract with target hotkey (found in ur key-bindings list)

im not sure it works, but it should as far as i know
    (E) .· ` ' / ·. (F)
    Ur Tears Fuel Me.
    QQ More Please

Lightwell should apply abolish disease and (non-existant) abolish poision. This would make it very useful in certain situations. This wouldn't over power the healer like making lightwell do an AOE heal would.

Quote Originally Posted by Aureliana
    Lightwell heals like a truck but it depends from other people. And dps usually don't like to target other things. I would like VERY much if lightwell could be changed into a random heal spammer like that one that TOC argent priests use.
    I like this idea, they have already implemented it for the Priests in the TOC encounter, so they must have the mechanics worked out some.

I would say people have to be within 5 yards to make it work so it still involves some interaction with DPS, or you can drop it next to the tank.

I dropped LW from my healing spec back in TBC cause no one ever used it, but reading some posts in here I am tempted to play around with it again and see how well it works at lvl 80.
    "There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil."
    -John Galt

Deleted

I remember the good old times when I spend a point in the Lightwell just to pop it in front of the Stormwind bank, hide behind the next tree and jiggle with a friend about all the little nubs, who just make their normal things in sw and sudddenly notice this strange object they've never seen before! They stop running, circle around the well, finally click it, get the little buff and /s the inevitbale question "Wat's that?"
    I loved it.

theres a simple solution that, if implemented, would need VERY LITTLE change from blizzard. They want it to be a great tool that is clunky to use but if done well can save your life.

Make it so it can be targetted via a macro, i.e., make it a PET!!!! that way, the progression guilds whose raiders are assumed to be using proper raid UI's and mouseover macros, can make something that allows them to target the thing, activate it and "targetlasttarget" in one button spam.

Basically, if you put it down it will get ignored because it's not effective to use (people arent just fighting for places on recount, that couple seconds matters), and if it is used, thats great. I know for a fact that i have been in attempts where raid members have died because of a specific intance where LW could save them.

Once, I dropped it on koralon and the melee used it EVERY TIME they got a fire under them, they still moved, but healers didnt have to heal them from that first initial tick. This was of course in a guild run where I told them EXPLICITLY that it was going to be there and they should use it. the charges got used up and i was happy...thats one of the few times its even been useful.

its not a hard fix and im sure the macro-gods can come up with something to make it possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbanne

If it's close by use it, if u have to run a mile forget it, someone will probably heal you before you reach it. I like LW, but you have to teach your teamates to acknowledge it's presence.
    They are different because you don't have to move to use them, simple as that. Just like they don't have to move when I heal them.

And since moving reduces DPS for just about every class I wouldn't expect them to move without good cause. That would usually be that they are out of range of the boss; dying in fire or some AOE is incoming to that area. Other than that I wouldn't expect DPS to move as there is no point.

Now I know that a DPS that takes 2 seconds to move and not die will do more DPS than one that didn't move and did die, but if it's getting to the point where DPS are dying then that's something I have to look at. Unless they're in a void zone/fire their health is my job and I need to look after it. If it's at the point where DPS are dying, I might need to look at what I'm doing instead of expecting them to run around looking for a LW.

And even if I did spec Holy, which I won't, and I did take LW, which I won't, then where do I put it? Most fights now require the ranged to be spread out or get destroyed by AOE, and most fights now require the melee/tank to move about. Where do I put a LW down that means that people can use it?

I am Priest - Play Free Online Games

Speaking from the PoV of a mage, we've got a couple of priests who try and make good use of lightwells during a raid, but personally i rarely see the point in clicking it.

Unless the well is right next to you, and you click it straight away...all the healing gained will probably be overhealing. The current standards of hard content means that if you take damage as a range you need to be healed in 2-3s or you risk dieing, therefore healers generally will heal you within 2-3s. Clicking lightwell gives you maybe 1 tick before another healer tops you up, so it probably doesn't make any difference, except a loss of dps by having to click it.

I think lightwell has a lot of potential as an ability as a move, I'd like to see it either act like a shaman healing stream totem, or possibly as a random healer pinging out small heals to random targets

I like lightwell. I use it to look after myself in raids, and in the unlikely event that you have it available in PvP it is useable while stunned etc.

The heal is rarely broken in either of those circumstances, so you receive the whole truckload of heals.