Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Seal of Command...hmmmmmmm

More importantly, how the hell does a Ret of that gear have that trinket O.o
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    yes I think its safe to say that brother is mad.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Eurytos
    Since when does Hammer of the Righteous, which hits 3-4 targets, proc the cleave effect of SoCommand, which only procs off of single target attacks?
    Not since they fixed it in the first build of 3.2's PTR.

Quote Originally Posted by lewis10123
    More importantly, how the hell does a Ret of that gear have that trinket O.o
    Even more importanly than that, how the hell does a Ret that doesn't know how the hell SoC works have that trinket? o.O
    I quit the game, and this happens:
    "You can now mount while under the skeleton effect of the Noggenfogger Elixir!"
    Are you effing kidding me?!?!
    Remember 3.0.......

You probably hit more than one dummy.

That being said - I noticed seal twisting between SOC and SOV works wonderfully. And an extra bonus, now I am not as bored because I get to think about each mob or boss and decide what seal - or even change seals mid-fight.

My DPS for Ret AND Prot is up over 300 by seal twisting appropriately : ) since SOC got buffed.

45s is a really short time which is why command came out higher.

Corruption takes at least 14s to start doing any real damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Palapin
    Seal of Command: "All melee attacks deal additional Holy damage. When used with attacks or abilities that strike a single target, this additional Holy damage will strike up to 2 additional targets."

Anyone else noticed that Shield of Righteous "Slam the target with your shield, causing Holy damage based on your block value plus an additional 390." Doesn't proc Seal of Command on additional targets? I think it should if the talent is correct. Apparently Blizz dev are looking into this.
    Look closely now, the answer is right in front of you...

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopzz
    Look closely now, the answer is right in front of you...
    the things you bolded doesnt necessarily meant that SoComm shouldn't work for ShoR. "melee" attacks and "holy dmg" doesnt exclude ShoR from being able to proc SoComm cleave. ShoR is still a melee ability. i wasnt able to hit the boss with ShoR from across the room last time i checked. There could be other reasons why ShoR doesn't proc SoComm but it being holy dmg is not one of them. Take judgement for example, it is considered a melee ability, but doesn't proc the cleave. Why? I think several people are asking that same question.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhonen
    Even more importanly than that, how the hell does a Ret that doesn't know how the hell SoC works have that trinket? o.O
    I agree, I'm slightly offended.

BTW Judgement does Proc SoC.... which is also holy dmg. Stand at 10yds judge target dummy and watch the dmg hit 2 additional dummies. SoR should hit 2 additional targets, it's a bug or the talent text for SoC is incorrect.

SoC is only good for 1 boss: Emalol

Switching to SoC for the adds and then back to vengeance, and assuming your DPS is fast and you don't lose your stacks, makes the ranged go "wtf? how?" when you smack them on the DPS meters.

lolz

Quote Originally Posted by Lotharion
    SoC is only good for 1 boss: Emalol

Switching to SoC for the adds and then back to vengeance, and assuming your DPS is fast and you don't lose your stacks, makes the ranged go "wtf? how?" when you smack them on the DPS meters.

lolz
    I hope you realise it's a lot more useful than that. Large trash packs or bosses with a lot of adds it's very good. Go do 25 man Thorim in the arena with it and you'll see what I mean.

Off topic the OP is way over hit cap on his gear and should change a few bits of gear for better stats.
    [/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Templar
    I hope you realise it's a lot more useful than that. Large trash packs or bosses with a lot of adds it's very good. Go do 25 man Thorim in the arena with it and you'll see what I mean.

Off topic the OP is way over hit cap on his gear and should change a few bits of gear for better stats.
    Of course! I was only joking around

If you want all of the practical uses, then there's;

Razorscale, Kologarn, Freya, Thorim, Mimiron (maybe not so practical, and only in P4. Might do more bad than good.), and Anub.

That's about all that comes to mind. I find myself seal twisting (I guess this is it's modern form) in almost every single fight between all three seals. I also have 3 macro's for all three, to change my libram. It's definitely added more thought to the spec, and I do reap the rewards as opposed to other "dur hit the boss" paladins.

Razorscale, Kologarn, Freya, Thorim, Mimiron (maybe not so practical, and only in P4. Might do more bad than good.), and Anub.
    Faction champs easy mode! (It did ~40% of my damage there <3)

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo
    Faction champs easy mode! (It did ~40% of my damage there <3)
    The thing with faction champs easy is that the mages, even though it's not needed at all on easy, QQ if you break their CC.

So I stick to the good old CS > Judge > exo rotation with Vengeance there. At least until they realise being anal about an easy boss is kinda silly.

I guess you can count twins, too, if your group sets them up for some cleavetastic damage.

No twins is stupid because:
    -You do reduced damage on the other twin.
    -SoV is better than SoC against 2 targets that last long enough.

Of course! I was only joking around

If you want all of the practical uses, then there's;

That's about all that comes to mind. I find myself seal twisting (I guess this is it's modern form) in almost every single fight between all three seals. I also have 3 macro's for all three, to change my libram. It's definitely added more thought to the spec, and I do reap the rewards as opposed to other "dur hit the boss" paladins.
    Oh good you were just messing :P. Yea I found it good on Freya too.

I swap between 3 seals on some fights too. For example Anub'Arak in TotC25 I stay on the boss till he burrows with SoV, then swap to SoR to get the adds down quick then switch to SoC for the small adds in the burrowed phase and back to SoV when he comes back up.
    [/url]

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo
    No twins is stupid because:
    -You do reduced damage on the other twin.
    -SoV is better than SoC against 2 targets that last long enough.
    SoC does reduced damage on Champs also...?

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    SoC does reduced damage on Champs also...?
    Dunno , but 40% of total damage says it's hitting pretty hard. And I only use it for the lols @ faction champs easy mode.

Quote Originally Posted by zcks
    In the gormok the impaler fight against the snobolds i can reach 7k+dps easily when in 25man mode because it is bouncing off the adds and gormok at the same time.
    i thought the snobolds were only hit by directed attacks? (if you dont target them, no cleave / aoe)
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...fknight/simple
    Can Heal, Tank, DPS, and go AFK like no other.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulbender
    i thought the snobolds were only hit by directed attacks? (if you dont target them, no cleave / aoe)
    And SoV wins against 2 targets anyway.