am i doing crap or?

so i have been reading lots and lots of forums and such about hunters doing 6-7k dps and i just cant see how thats is possible. i might be my gear that just aint up their yet (sounds possible 2.4k gearscore atm) but i was wondering what others thought of how i was doing atm. when im in a 25man heroic with the normal raid buffs (kings, BOM, mana totem, magebuff, cow buff) i do about 5.4k as survival and 5.2k as MM. now is that crappy for someone with my gear, is it decent or is it sick? i would love any replys and/or any advises to spec gemming etc. etc.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...rub&cn=ugabuga

THANKS! ;D

Re: am i doing crap or?

The hunters doing that much damage are in all 245 and 258 gear. You're mostly in 219 and 226, garbage compared to their gear. Plus they probably know a lot more about what they are doing than you do. If you did know as much, you wouldn't be asking this question.

Dunno much about hunters, but the best hunter in our guild does around 8-9k depending on fight Not talking Twins here
    The Insane.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

5.5k is maybe a little low, but not too bad for your gear. Dont pay attention to gear scores and stuff, it's all rubbish. It's the stats that count

Around 5,5k with your gear seems about right. You might be able to reach a little higher if you practice the "rotation" more. You have the right spec and pet spec. However I would get a nightmare's tear instead of the 10hit15sta gem to fulfill the meta gem requirements. Only gems you should use as survival is: 20agi, Nightmare's tear, 10agi+10hit. And on rare occations (when a yellow slot will grant you 6 or more agility or 12-13 or more attack power, and you don't need the hit) 10agi+10crit.

Just don't get too much haste. Around 200 haste is good to have to be able to squeeze in steady shots inbetween your other shots without delaying them. Haste is shit compared to ArP and crit though.

for your gear it looks about right but look up a dif rotation thats probably your problem

thanks alot for all the comments so far its glad to hear that what im doing aint all wrong hehe. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by sumojesus
    Around 5,5k with your gear seems about right. You might be able to reach a little higher if you practice the "rotation" more. You have the right spec and pet spec. However I would get a nightmare's tear instead of the 10hit15sta gem to fulfill the meta gem requirements. Only gems you should use as survival is: 20agi, Nightmare's tear, 10agi+10hit. And on rare occations (when a yellow slot will grant you 6 or more agility or 12-13 or more attack power, and you don't need the hit) 10agi+10crit.

Just don't get too much haste. Around 200 haste is good to have to be able to squeeze in steady shots inbetween your other shots without delaying them. Haste is shit compared to ArP and crit though.
    was wondering a bit about this post tho. if i was to take a nightmare's tear i would drop below hit cap. thats why im currently using the hit/stamina gem. would it be worth dropping below hit cap for a nightmare's tear? ??? for i was under the impression that hit cap was the most importent thing to keep.

also for those who wonders about my rotation might be slightly wrong im using

kill shot > explosive shot > black arrow > serpent sting > aimed shot > steady shot

when im survival.(lock and load i do the shot 1 wait for GCD + ½second fire new) as for MM i use

kill shot > chimera shot > aimed > arcane shot > steady shot (serpent allways opening)

and again thanks for all the comments its great that you guys spend some of your time helping others hehe ;D if others got comments too id love to hear from you aswell

Quote Originally Posted by uga-buga
    was wondering a bit about this post tho. if i was to take a nightmare's tear i would drop below hit cap. thats why im currently using the hit/stamina gem. would it be worth dropping below hit cap for a nightmare's tear? ??? for i was under the impression that hit cap was the most importent thing to keep.
    Yes being hitcapped is important. What I would do is throw in a nightmare's tear in the 2Hander as +4 agi is the strongest socket bonus you can get in your current gear. After that put an agi+hit gem in your shoulder piece to stay hitcapped. (toying around with sockets is a lot easier with high end gear. I have sockets on all gear parts except neck and trinkets. So as you gear up, this will get easier hehe)

By doing this you will loose 5 stamina, and gain 8 agi (4 agi if u'd have an epic gem in ur 2H) and 10 int.

kill shot > explosive shot > black arrow > serpent sting > aimed shot > steady shot

when im survival.(lock and load i do the shot 1 wait for GCD + ½second fire new)
    I have serpent sting on higher priority than Black arrow because always having serpent up when applying BA will give 3% stronger ticks. Also try to get the T9 2p set bonus. It's fairly easy to get and it will make your Serpent sting much, much stronger.

I have serpent sting on higher priority than Black arrow because always having serpent up when applying BA will give 3% stronger ticks. Also try to get the T9 2p set bonus. It's fairly easy to get and it will make your Serpent sting much, much stronger.
    ah cool ill put a nightmare's gem into my polearm tomorrow. never thought of it befor tbh hehe.

not i was wondering again (i ask alot i know hehe). getting the tier 9 2p set bonus might make my serpent better but id lose my tier 8 4p set bonus wich is about ~200 passiv AP (600AP for 15seconds up about 1/3 of the time). im having a hard time seeing how that would be worth it.

not i was wondering again (i ask alot i know hehe). getting the tier 9 2p set bonus might make my serpent better but id lose my tier 8 4p set bonus wich is about ~200 passiv AP (600AP for 15seconds up about 1/3 of the time). im having a hard time seeing how that would be worth it.
    With Serpent being right after Explosive shot in your rotation, it will have a very good uptime. Between 80-90% uptime depending on RNG. You have 41% crit unbuffed. With raid buffs and procs you will average say 55% crit rate on your serpents on a boss fights (with the set bonus that is). This means about half your serpent stings will hit for ~237% of its normal damage. Taking data from an Algalon kill my guild did, my average serpents tick for 766 and crit for 1746. With your gear level, this means half of your serpent ticks will hit for about 800-900 more than they would normally do. This equals to roughly a 140 DPS increase. (in reality the number will be slightly higher. I'm just using made up numbers and gradschool math ). To be exact, my spreadsheet shows the T9 2p bonus as a 240.63 dps increase.

TL;DR: 200 AP is never more than 140 DPS.

Might be being a noob here, but we are talking about 25 man dps right?

One can always do better =)

t8 4p is terrible, I got rid of it while still in t8 content.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

I have 5 232 pieces, 6 245 pieces, 2 226, 1 219 and 1 200, damn greatness :x and I cam currently hitting 7k so no, 245 and 256 is not as must but you need some more totc gear.

With Serpent being right after Explosive shot in your rotation, it will have a very good uptime. Between 80-90% uptime depending on RNG. You have 41% crit unbuffed. With raid buffs and procs you will average say 55% crit rate on your serpents on a boss fights (with the set bonus that is). This means about half your serpent stings will hit for ~237% of its normal damage. Taking data from an Algalon kill my guild did, my average serpents tick for 766 and crit for 1746. With your gear level, this means half of your serpent ticks will hit for about 800-900 more than they would normally do. This equals to roughly a 140 DPS increase. (in reality the number will be slightly higher. I'm just using made up numbers and gradschool math ). To be exact, my spreadsheet shows the T9 2p bonus as a 240.63 dps increase.

TL;DR: 200 AP is never more than 140 DPS.
    ah now it makes sence the hold hard numbers are allways a good way hehe. thanks alot all im angry about now is that i (thinking it would not be worth it) i did all i could to avoid the tier 9.. like buying the stupid ring.. typical aint it?

Quote Originally Posted by sxoox
    Might be being a noob here, but we are talking about 25 man dps right?
    yes it was in 25man. or 10man but with the buffs i said above (kings, bom, cow buff, mage buff, mana totem)

Your gearscore and DPS are spot on what I would expect, i would ignore anyone who says it ought to be higher. Make sure you stick to the basics like keeping your DoTs up, making sure your pet is alive and on the target (pet for me is about 10% of dps) etc.

Equally, with the exception of TotGC your dps is worthy of any raid. The guys gettign 5.5-8K are in 232-258lvl gear and the guys gettign 8-9K are not only in good gear, but they've really mathed out their stats, especially ArP, to rape the dps mechanics in particular boss fights. They are also the kind of guys who have specs tailored specifically for certain boss fights.

Finally just make sure you keep up with good raid practise like havings pots, food buffs etc to really pump your DPS up. Think of the fish feast, thats +80AP, thats a massive bump anyway and when its combined with raid buffs these things can really push your dps up a gear level.

I pulled 7450 dps on koralon earlier with one 245 piece and only 3 other pieces of ToC gear... as agility surv..
    <Decidedly Uncouth> Horde Mal'Ganis

Quote Originally Posted by Zamfix
    The hunters doing that much damage are in all 245 and 258 gear. blah blah blah
    wrong, you can pull 7k in ulduar25 gear which aint 245 or 258, i with mix of 232-245 can pull that without any huge problems on most of the fights