Thread: Arp or Str Gems

Arp or Str Gems

Heya, I've recently started playing again and I some what have a grasp on Fury PvE again, but I see some warriors fully stacked with Armor Pen, and some fully stacked with Str. (In their gems) I'm not quite sure what to do, i've kinda split it so far, some advice would be great, ty!

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ndrius&n=Decis

Re: Arp or Str Gems

Recent patch nerfed armor pen by 12 or 16%, I don't remember exactly. Regem for full strength + STR/Crit gems.
    (Avatar was too big, sorry!)

Getting hit capped first might help.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPistachio
    Getting hit capped first might help.
    Yeah, I know, working on it, just feels like im wasting sockets gemming hit =/

Quote Originally Posted by xxfreyxx
    Yeah, I know, working on it, just feels like im wasting sockets gemming hit =/
    You're not wasting sockets gemming for hit, you're being smart. Or you can stay under hit cap having the sockets to get capped and be bad.

If you gem for hit you're bad. Better to get gear that has hit rating on them. And you're over the expertise soft cap. Every point of expertise above 26 is wasted since you'll never be parried hitting a boss from behind.
    (Avatar was too big, sorry!)

Quote Originally Posted by Chozobo
    If you gem for hit you're bad. Better to get gear that has hit rating on them. And you're over the expertise soft cap. Every point of expertise above 26 is wasted since you'll never be parried hitting a boss from behind.
    Yeah, it's all from my gear, It just went up hella fast.
    Any certian items i need?

You are hit capped in your fury spec. You have the 3% hit talent and that puts you at 9.07%.

Get armor pen softcap.

Get grim toll / MJR

Gem strenght.

Watch it proc

Profit.

Without armor pen. Soft cap you are going to do really fucking terrible dmg, and its been proven 381731 times on www.arenajunkies.com, that armor pen increases your dmg more than strenght does at all times, against _ALL_ targets, no matter what their armor is. So dont come say "WELL STRENGHT LOOKS NICE"
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Frostmane&n=Biggnome

as far as I can see he's hitcapped as he is,IF he has 3 points in precision though, only need 164 hitrating then

As always i can't say that i understand the AP formula (and im glad it's getting removed) but i believe that ARP only gets better then strength once you have a certain ammount of it, and till that point it's actually weaker then str.

http://eu-warrior.com/arpen.html

Stack ArP to the point, that there's no more benefit. period..

Holy expertise... Drop that expertise ring

First you are 3% over the soft hit cap, yet you gem and enchant for hit - why?

Your arp lvl is not worth gemming for at this point and wont be until you get a lot more gear or either MR or GT.

change your arp gems for str, get rid of hit gem socket bonuses and enchants and you will find you do more dmg at you current gear lvl.

Str > Arp with your current gear compilation.