Horde Hunter race for serious arena

Hey,

Willing to pick a hunter to play with a irl druid partner and I`m willing to know what is best horde side?

Are orcs better overall or the silence from arcane torment is?

Also what is the biggest counter hunters have?

Thanks!

Re: Horde Hunter race for serious arena

orc would probably be best, but all are viable, skills > race allways.

Quote Originally Posted by dambros
    Also what is the biggest counter hunters have?
    Anything that can continue to close the distance on you regardless of what you throw in it's way (ie: frost trap, concussive shot, disengage) such as a Paladin. They can walk through a frost trap /loling all the way. Rogues can be very difficult to some hunters, but that depends on your skill level . Warriors are a pain in the ass as well, with charge and hamstring.

15+ Year Old Account

Undead

Undead

inb4 Undead..... oh wait
    This bro told a cool story on 2009-12-03 and proudly took part in the banfest.

I say Orc, because: Bloodfury, +5% pet damage, and -15% stun duration. It is obviously debatable, but no race makes a better hunter, in my opinion.

Arcane torrent can be nice, but you have to be in melee range to use it, which is generally a bad place for a hunter to be.

Also, Tauren hunters all look like the fat guy shooting the machine gun video from youtube. The massively nerfed stam racial is virtually worthless now, and warstomp is rarely useful.

“There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”

right now : orc, the extra trinket is awesome, but if you dont like the shoulders i would recommend BE, simply because the silence is awesome.

cata:

WAIT, we will have to see what seems to be the best racial..

Troll always for everything everytime
    The earth is not a cold dead place

Quote Originally Posted by Deralte
    Undead
    Racials are getting a revamp anyway so I doubt WotF will still be there.

The Goblin rocket jump will be interesting, however.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zamfix View Post
    I'd ride for the sole fact that its a huge cock. It'd be hilarious.

Orc ofcourse

When I talk about belief, why do you always assume I'm talking about God ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimmy
    Warstomp is rarely useful.
    What the fuck did you eat? Are you seriously fucking kidding me?

Hunters are a pain in arena, therefore theres a ton of teams that tunnelvisions them in arena. Mainly cleave teams. This means your going to have 2 people up your ass in a lot of games. The warstomp is worth gold considering you dont have to disengage to get far enough away to get aimed up. Its usefull for peeling aswell as controling healers,

Scatter -> trap -> stomp -> scatter -> trap. Throw in a druid in that rotation and its just insane.

It topic thread was not named "Whats most usefull in pve". If you have no clue then shut up. Tauren Racial as a hunter in arena is nothing near useless at all.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Frostmane&n=Biggnome

10+ Year Old Account

Orc without a doubt.
    Here come the Irish.

Orc and blood elf are about the same, tauren is a bit behind them and trolls suck.

Seriously though, don't call blood fury awesome. ~300 ap ever 2 minutes isn't that great.

Orc

Orc with the meta gem with stun reduction = win.
    Stunlocks & disarms kills us more than anything, we need to be able to use our abilities to survive.

Biggest counter in arena is warlocks, the one class that when you try to get that burst off he can just make u unable to do anything for 10s if he wants to, repeatedly. Or if he's destro he'll just stun and wtfburst you, your only tool to survive is feign death and deterrence, so you survive the first burst, but the 2nd one you're gonna die. And he can dispel CC's on him with the felhunter, and usually they are paired with a healer able to dispel CC to him aswell.

Oh btw 1v1, Mages is your bane. Polymorph in the beginning, then he can just kill ur pet, and afterwards ur stunlocked and bursted for 15k, and then he will just stand on top of you and finish you off.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

I imagined orcs would be the best choice.

Maybe a stupid question, but do taking care of a pet get boring? I hate the idea of having to feed it to keep it happy (omfg...).

There's a glyph for mend pet that increases the pet's happiness when u cast it. Aswell as many pets have different talents that keeps them happy by growling or things.

Racials make so little of a difference that you shouldn't play for a very small bonus, and play for what you like more.

Can't believe people are actually suggesting BE for a ranged class that should never be in melée range of casters.

Yes, they take reduced damage from magic, but really??? It's a total waste.

Go Orc or Undead.