Is wind shear + shock too much?

Well, since they've changed the wind shock spell to be a seperate spell called wind shear, put it off the shock cooldown and removed the interrupt effect from earth shock, i thought it would be viable to macro them together in a simple way:
    /Cast wind shear
    /Cast earth shock
    But does it consume too much mana to be that efficent on threat reducers? Comon, a threat-negative earth shock!

EDIT: I didn't know exactly where to put this topic, so please, if it's done wrong, fix it for me.
    Syobon action-cat for secret last boss in WotLK!

Re: Is wind shear + shock too much?

You shouldn't really be having the threat issues to begin with, at least not to have to wind shear on cooldown

Majesty

Mana is no issue, it's like it's not even there.

That actually is a pretty decent macro, I use something similar it's just /cast [mod:alt] Wind Shear; Earth Shock. I find the only time I'm having threat issues is when I'm getting Tricks from a Rogue though so that's really only when I use the Wind Shear (and of course to interrupt).

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Also works heavenly for resto shamans and elemental shamans (when in range of course)

Just apply it to either lightning bolt, or focus-cast LHW the tank.
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

You shouldn't be wasting your Wind Shear CD every time you pop Earth Shock. As far as the threat reduction goes this is very minor to the actual interrupt. With a 6 sec stand alone CD you should be the interrupt king on any fight that requires a certain boss ability to be stopped. This is what you should be saving it for so I would not link it to Earth Shock as then it's like we are reverting back to the old way of having to hold off one of our damaging abilities just to interrupt.

Quote Originally Posted by Barawr
    You shouldn't be wasting your Wind Shear CD every time you pop Earth Shock. As far as the threat reduction goes this is very minor to the actual interrupt. With a 6 sec stand alone CD you should be the interrupt king on any fight that requires a certain boss ability to be stopped. This is what you should be saving it for so I would not link it to Earth Shock as then it's like we are reverting back to the old way of having to hold off one of our damaging abilities just to interrupt.
    Basically that, if your on interrupt duty on a fight like general vezax then you'll have to resort to pre wind shear strat and wait on your ES to be off CD, IMO, screw the macro wind shear isn't on a GCD timer so you can pop it pretty much whenever just add another button to your key bind, or put it near where you can click
    "For if men needed speech in order to learn to think, they had a still greater need for knowing how to think in order to discover the art of speaking"

Majesty

Which is why I suggested

Code:
    /cast [mod:alt] Wind Shear; Earth Shock
    I also use

Code:
    /cast [target=focus,exists] Wind Shear
    On fights like Jaraxxus HM I can focus Jaraxxus and be able to interupt every cast while DPSing portals and mistresses.

I would consider using a macro with both ES and WS only on fights where I am getting Tricks and there is nothing to interupt. HM Beasts for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty
    Code:
    On fights like Jaraxxus HM I can focus Jaraxxus and still interupt every cast while DPSing portals and mistresses.
    /thumbsup. Being able to interrupt a target you are not DPSing is win.

I also use

Code:
    On fights like Jaraxxus HM I can focus Jaraxxus and still interupt every cast while DPSing portals and mistresses.

will be using that for now on, thanks!
    "For if men needed speech in order to learn to think, they had a still greater need for knowing how to think in order to discover the art of speaking"

The one that Desolated Maggot gave me is better:

#showtooltip Wind Shear
    /stopcasting
    /cast [target=focus,harm,nodead][target=target,harm,nodead][target=focustarget,harm,nodead][target=targettarget,harm,nodead] Wind Shear

It won't attempt to wind shear a dead target, and it's one button that can handle multiple situations. It simply prioritizes a focus over a target.

The only fight that I've found, where a simpler macro is more advantageous, is faction champs, and then, only depending upon specific conditions.

After reading this I can't help but wonder, does Wind Shear require you to be facing the target? I'm assuming so, but somehow this thread made me think otherwise.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Wooticus
    After reading this I can't help but wonder, does Wind Shear require you to be facing the target? I'm assuming so, but somehow this thread made me think otherwise.
    Yes, target needs to be in front of you.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty
    Which is why I suggested

Code:
    /cast [mod:alt] Wind Shear; Earth Shock
    I also use

Code:
    On fights like Jaraxxus HM I can focus Jaraxxus and be able to interupt every cast while DPSing portals and mistresses.

I would consider using a macro with both ES and WS only on fights where I am getting Tricks and there is nothing to interupt. HM Beasts for example.
    very nice
    Currently writing the Shaman Manifesto. Will include QQ, e-peen blazes, nerfs, and lightning. God damn i love lightning.