Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Onyxia Head Items

lawl at retards who dont understand avoidance.. its one of the best pure avoidance trinkets in the game... get more than 2 trinkets and learn about more than stamina as a stat.

Stam is situational, sometimes you want more avoidance sometimes you want more stam.. A tank who doesn't have the gear for every situation just fails.

I assume you fall into that catagory
    Of which Parry has a far worse diminishing return. A tank who has gear for every situation but doesn't understand why fails more.

Quote Originally Posted by lawomous
    lolwut? Which encounter in the game is having less health a good thing as a tank?
    i think having less stam and more avoidance as an OT in togc anub is a good thing (of course, in avoidance set you cant really have that much high health)
    Less health and more avoidance (102.4 w/ block) seems to be more useful as OT in togc anub. as most tanks just give up on health and stack def gem/def+dodge gems for that specific encounter.
    You take almost no damage from the burrowers and anub absorbs less health from you so his hps is lowered by a few hundreds. that could make a huge difference in such an encounter imo.

Of course, the MT requires more health and armor because he/she wont be able to dodge/parry while frozen :P

10+ Year Old Account

The trinket sucks... but the neck sucks more for Warriors...

So I'd probably get the trinket and bank it for gimmick fights...
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by BossManRoth

with patch 3.2 parry rating is better point for point than it used to be

Dodge Rating: The amount of dodge rating required per percentage of dodge has been increased by 15%. This is before diminishing returns. Combined with other changes, this makes dodge rating and parry rating equally potent before diminishing returns apply

Parry Rating: The amount of parry rating required per percentage of parry has been reduced by 8%. This is before diminishing returns. Combined with other changes, this makes dodge rating and parry rating equally potent before diminishing returns apply. Parry still diminishes more quickly than dodge.
    OK, we're talking about different things here. You're talking about the amount of parry and dodge rating needed for a % of avoidance.

What we're talking about is diminishing returns.

It's kind of like this at 0% avoidance parry and dodge rating give equal results. However as you gain more dodge and parry rating diminishing returns kicks in which means you require MORE dodge and parry rating to gain an equal effect.

Diminishing returns kicks in earlier for parry rating (since it is a heavier stat) than it does for dodge rating.

Essentially the equalizing of parry and dodge rating was an overall cut to our avoidance levels across the board, especially at high levels of dodge. However it does increase the value of parry rating quite a bit at low levels of avoidance.

TO THE ORIGINAL POSTER: I don't know what your raid style is. If you pug a lot of raids, I wouldn't get that trinket solely on the fact that most people judge tanks on your unbuffed HP (I raid lead pugs too).

Now, yes, I use the Brewfest trinkets in my tank set. No I do not like the Ony trinket that much. That is just personal preference. As for DPS neck... GET IT. Just because it doesn't have strenght it does not make it unvaluable. We are not Death Knights or Retanubs. We are Warriors.

That hit allows you to get another piece of gear that can possibly remove another piece that was holding you back. For isntance, going from Badge Boots to the Heroic ToC boots.

Look at spreadsheets if you do not believe me. THE DPS NECK IS GOOD. In fact, for my personal gear setup, I won't find a replacement until I hit TOGC 10 or TOGC 25 (heroic modes).

Neck piece much more valuable. Bottomline.

EDIT: Since tanking is your mainspec, if I remember correctly, it might be wiser to get the trinket to make up for defense caps? Just another 2 cents.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Keh
    Of which Parry has a far worse diminishing return. A tank who has gear for every situation but doesn't understand why fails more.
    Best passive avoidence trinket ingame. No other trinket gives that much avoidence. There is not another trinket which allows you to have as many hostile hits avoided as this one.

I hope one of those phrases got trough, not just to the one I quoted but to everyone reading this thread: As far as avoidence trinkets goes, Onyxia Blood talisman is the best one.