Brand new 80 Enh Shaman - 5 man Heroics Question

Hello! I just dinged 80 on my shaman yesterday. I went ahead and got the giantman bracers and legs plus two Tankard O' Terrors just to get started, plus some blues and enchants and green gems (I know, but it's just blue gear.) And I'm ready to jump on the 5 man Heroics. I did two last night, UK and UP, and did around 1700 dps in UK and for some reason 1400 dps in UP. I think it was lower in UP because I was with a much better geared group and was barely able to hit the mobs much before they died. I'm not sure if that is good dps to do in a heroic an hour after you hit 80 or not. Any thoughts?

I was also wondering what hit % you need just for 5 man heroics since that's all I'm going to be doing for a bit til I can get some conquest gear. If I recall correctly, the bosses are only 2 levels above you in 5 man heroics rather than 3 in raids, but I'm not sure.

I'm coming from a caster class that has raided all the way up to and clearing 25 man regular ToC, so I have an idea on how to play the game, but melee is a whole different story for me. This Shaman will eventually be my main, however, since I have retired my caster.

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Brand new 80 Enh Shaman

Read the FAQ.
    Almost all questions a new shaman has are answered there.

If you did read the FAQ and still have questions, post again with the specific question in the title.
    Alot more people will reply that way.

Seriously, the FAQ = GOOD.

Also doesn't take more then 3 minutes to read.

Edit:
    Link: http://www.mmo-champion.com/class-sh...in-wrath-faq*/
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

Re: Brand new 80 Enh Shaman - 5 man heroics Q

Quote Originally Posted by Baabinator
    Read the FAQ.
    Almost all questions a new shaman has are answered there.

If you did read the FAQ and still have questions, post again with the specific question in the title.
    Alot more people will reply that way.

Seriously, the FAQ = GOOD.

Also doesn't take more then 3 minutes to read.

Edit:
    Link: http://www.mmo-champion.com/class-sh...in-wrath-faq*/
    Thank you, I did read the FAQ's (not much else to do on Tuesdays between housework) but most FAQ's I see are centered around raids, while my question was more about 5 man heroics.

Re: Brand new 80 Enh Shaman - 5 man Heroics Question

Well, if you know the mobs are only 2 levels higher than you than 3, you can easily look up the hit % conversion for levels, which is easily found, right ?

Re: Brand new 80 Enh Shaman - 5 man Heroics Question

Quote Originally Posted by Jamdawg
    Well, if you know the mobs are only 2 levels higher than you than 3, you can easily look up the hit % conversion for levels, which is easily found, right ?
    Ahh ok, that was part of my question. I couldn't remember if they were 2 levels above or if I was remembering it wrong. I looked at the wowwiki page on hit, but the numbers confused me a bit. Also it was all regarding a level 80, not 82 or 83. I'll keep hunting, google hasn't been my friend today.

Edited to add: I do feel that it is a relevant question, because we have dual talent specialization which adds a certain amount of hit (6% I believe) plus need spell hit for specials. It is easy to find that number for raid bosses, not so much for little heroic bosses.

And nevermind, I found the info. In case anyone is wondering, at level 80 in a 5 man heroic, you need 158 hit to be melee and spell capped.