Returning Holydin needs some help with Item Upgrades

I've just come back from a /really/ long break from WoW and it's changed quite a bit from BC to WoTLK. Especially with this Ulduar patch that just came out recently. I'm a bit lost and VERY far behind with my gear.

I need some new trinket items as my gear I'm leaving PvP.

It's a struggle to get into raids as my base mana is about 15+k, my health is about the same and I forgot my healing since the Armory is down right now for maintenance. But I'm sure it's low with all things considered.

I'd like to know where would be the best places for an 80 to find good trinkets? And eventually, good PvE gear. I'm still a little lost as to why people discourage 80's wearing PvP gear to a raid or instance event when it's obviously better stats and SP then PvE that I could find/afford. O_o So if someone could explain that too, I'd be most greatful to know the difference, if any?

I've been /incredibly/ discouraged to play my 80 over the time I've tried upgrading her. People are awfully unfriendly and assume that I've bought her. I've leveled her from 1 to 80 and obviously, she's my first. I don't know much about what 80's are exactly suppose to do that high up there and what's a good beneficial range of trinkets and other items she should have.

Again, I'd link my armory, but it's down for maintenance.

Any help would be nice. =3

Re: Returning Holydin needs some help with Item Upgrades

well,

- the BC time when the pvp items where actually better than the pve loots are well over.
    Pvp itemization is now equivalent to one or two ranks down from pve (a 226 pvp is perhaps a good 200)

- Everything apart from weapons is buyable with emblems, dropped by every boss now. You can run 5mans even with low gear, and get geared. For the weapon run the new 5man, ToC.

- run VoA every week, you'll soon get T8 hangs / legs (T9 if lucky). Helm and chest is buyable with 58 emblems.

- start with cheap upgrades, the trinket and a libram (libram can also be "bought" with honor from voa)

Boost your Int first, then SP, then Haste / crit. (imo)

Gear list for holy paladin can be found, for example, here : http://www.maxdps.com/paladin/holy.php
    - just uncheck ToC Raids, and possibly Ulduar 25.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...fknight/simple
    Can Heal, Tank, DPS, and go AFK like no other.

Run the new 5-man, TotC. The Int trinket that drops from the normal mode (meaning you can get a group together and do it over and over until it drops) is amazingly good. The rest of the gear that drops from that place is pretty nice too.

My suggestion is to farm that place until all of your gear is ilevel 200+.

The 10 and 25 man normal mode TotC raids are probably your next stop. Squeeze in some Ulduar and Naxx if you can, but most of that stuff isn't much better than the stuff from the 5-man.

As mentioned, badge gear can be good and some of it is downright amazing.

As for unfriendly people... Well. welcome to WoW. Find yourself a nice guild. It helps.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest
    The 10 and 25 man normal mode TotC raids are probably your next stop. Squeeze in some Ulduar and Naxx if you can, but most of that stuff isn't much better than the stuff from the 5-man.
    imo, avoid ToC like hell. if you're not used to the new mechanics (SS, Beacon...) you got to get the feeling first.

I agree with Firecrest - farm ToC for easy level 200 epics, do the heroic versin every day and whatever the daily is. Buy your second int trinket with emblems of triumph and then t9 if you get more. Use emblems of conquest from all those heroics to get some 226 emblem gear and maybe craft some runed orb stuff (also from emblems of conquest). 5 man ToC and emblem gear alone is enough to get you into a ToC 10 man regular, assuming you've learned the mechanics while you were running those 5 mans.

Run the new 5-man, TotC. The Int trinket that drops from the normal mode (meaning you can get a group together and do it over and over until it drops) is amazingly good. The rest of the gear that drops from that place is pretty nice too.

My suggestion is to farm that place until all of your gear is ilevel 200+.
    Toc heroic and regular are amazing for holy paladins. You can get a weapon, legs, belt, trinket, helm and chest, all good 219 purples. Greatness trinket is really good.

If you havew gold, make sure to craft the Crusader Orb bracer. You can also craft the crusader orb chest (not even close to BiS), runed orb belt (blue chaos), runed orb boots (mail one)

Quote Originally Posted by Soulbender
    imo, avoid ToC like hell. if you're not used to the new mechanics (SS, Beacon...) you got to get the feeling first.
    Agreed, but that's what Heroics are for. I advocate mostly skipping Naxx and Ulduar simply because, at least on my server, getting a competent PUG together for these can be rough. The gear in Naxx is no better than 5-man TotC and Ulduar is rather complex. TotC raids on the other hand are pretty simple, especially on normal mode. You could probably describe every easy mode fight in one sentance per. And at least one (Faction Champs) requires no explanation at all.

Additionally, TotC raids drop the better badges. So even if you don't get loot, you'll still get gear. Naxx and Ulduar on the other hand, just give you a bunch of badges you could've gotten from Heroics and likely a bigger repair bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiss
    Greatness trinket is really good.
    No. No it's not. Stop telling people that. Holy hell.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>

TotC raids on the other hand are pretty simple, especially on normal mode. You could probably describe every easy mode fight in one sentance per. And at least one (Faction Champs) requires no explanation at all.
    ???

As a healer, you have gormok impale, adds, the worms debuffs, dispell on jar + heal debuffed.
    champions : stay alive, dispell, heal people, move all the time, stun.
    twins : good luck explaining the fight in one sentence ^^

You sir, are getting carried too much :P

Still the gist is valid : get a few 5 mans going before doing ulduar keepers or ToC raids.
    I'm assuming you aim to be good, and will heal at least one MT (+ raid

Quote Originally Posted by Soulbender
    ???

As a healer, you have gormok impale, adds, the worms debuffs, dispell on jar + heal debuffed.
    champions : stay alive, dispell, heal people, move all the time, stun.
    If you seriously have to tell a healer not to stand in hellfires, to "stay alive", "dispell" and "heal people", they don't belong in the raid. Everything about Faction Champs is stuff that any healer worth their salt should know and be doing every fight anyway. Otherwise, you pretty much just proved my point here by explaining everything in one line. What's with the question marks?

twins : good luck explaining the fight in one sentence ^^
    Serious? Okay... "Get white and spread out so you don't take like three black orbs at once, if your DBM yells at you go get black for a few seconds then switch back." Hell, you probably don't even have to explain about switching auras. They haven't stayed alive long enough to get an AOE off in normal mode in weeks. I guess you would have to add another sentence if you're counting assignments. "Beacon Tanktodd and heal the raid."

You sir, are getting carried too much :P
    Yeah... I don't have any difficulty with the easy parts of this game and I'm the bad one here.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>

Best trinket is in Black Morass no doubt.

http://www.zetbit.com/sig-793881.jpg
    Farming Resist Sets & Attunements > Instance Gating

No. No it's not. Stop telling people that. Holy hell.
    Better than any ilvl 200 trinket in the game.

Better than any ilvl 200 trinket in the game.
    Tears of the Vanquished is without a doubt much much better. Hell, I might even take Je'Tze's Bell over that.

But even if it was the best ilevel 200 trinket in the game, who cares? Maybe you missed it, but Naxx is available to players and a few other instances as well.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>

Tears of the Vanquished is without a doubt much much better. Hell, I might even take Je'Tze's Bell over that.

But even if it was the best ilevel 200 trinket in the game, who cares? Maybe you missed it, but Naxx is available to players and a few other instances as well.
    3k gold is retardly easy to farm. You don't need to wait for RNG drop, or for a lucky roll. Once you hit 80, you can equip it and have a huge boost to your mana pool.

And greatness is way better than bell.

Dailys = Greatness, bell
    Reg Toc = Vanquished
    Naxx 10-man = no decent trinket
    Naxx 25-man = Soul of the Dead
    Ulduar 10-man = Thorim Hard (unlikely for a new holy)
    Ulduar 25-man = Plea

Considering that you won't be able to to Ulduar 25-man on the very first weeks, and that you were not lucky enough to get Soul of the Dead, Vanquished + Greatness are great until you can get 50 badges for the Talisman.

And greatness is way better than bell.
    I'm done responding to your nonsense other than to let other people know you're wrong. If you haven't figured it out by now, me explaining it to you 50 more times won't help that.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>

Hi firecrest, not wanting to flame there, but the OP said he was RETURNING to wow
    So he's probly not that ready to go with oneliners for tactics...

Otherwise, you pretty much just proved my point here by explaining everything in one line. What's with the question marks?
    You're making the mistake of assuming tactics are self explanatory.
    Your raid is probly composed of people who don't NEED explanations.

I guarantee you if i spam "gormok impale, adds, the worms debuffs, dispell on jar + heal debuffed" on people new to ToC, we WILL wipe. Not always because ppl are scrubs.

"Get white and spread out so you don't take like three black orbs at once, if your DBM yells at you go get black for a few seconds then switch back."
    It IS sufficient for me because i read the tactics and i've done the fight. We're having new players all the time, and they need more. Also, you missed a lot with that sentence. wipe guaranteed.

Yeah... I don't have any difficulty with the easy parts of this game and I'm the bad one here.
    Not saying you're bad, just that you lost from sight what is just, starting raiding. I love recruiting new people and generally chatting with new guys.
    This is what an mmo is about (imo).

you guys having a pool of 40 hardcore raiders and saying ToC25 is a walk in the park are playing another game, imo.