Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: Patch 3.3 - PTR Build 10571

Quote Originally Posted by HotsPal
    B. Who uses shock every cooldown to even get 3 stacks, or maintain it?
    Shock is an EXTREMELY powerful instant heal that is the basis for the entire holy tree (do to lower cast time on other spells when you shock) so it SHOULD be used every single time its off cool down if you are single target healing and ESPECIALLY if you are throwing heals at group mates on top of single target healing.

C. And the 4 piece t10 bonus is retarded also. Shock gives you a .3 sec less HL cast time. wow, a .3 sec cast time reduction on HL. you could achieve that by socketing one haste gem.
    It STACKS with haste even if you are haste capped and it also stacks with talents (and is an improvement of http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=53569).

ANY paladin that is JUST spamming holy light is retarded and shouldn't be healing on a paladin. Paladins that can actually heal use the hell out of holy shock and use flash of light when a large heal isn't needed.

what is with the focus on shock? its useful you need to plop one quick heal, its useless to put into a 'rotation', seeing as how pallys dont have a rotation.
    HEALERS in general do not have ROTATIONS. However, shock is an instant heal that does some insane healing. Its the most powerful instant heal in the game next to swift mend or nature's swiftness + (shaman/druid large heal). Its on a 6 second cool down as compared to a 15 second timer (swiftmend) or 3 minute timer (ns+heal). In short, you SHOULD be using it every time it is off of cool down.

Maybe all this emphasis on it is because its an overpowered spell that any paladin with a brain would be using every single time its off cool down seeing how paladins are meant to be the main tank(s) healer and therefore are CONSTANTLY spamming out heals. Did I mention its also one of your most efficient heals?
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

"Escape from the Lich King in under two hours and eleven seconds."

wait.. what? either that's a placeholder description. or a clue to how freaking awesomely epic they are making the lich king fight in halls of reflection.

also i like the bit about us escaping from the lich king instead of the boss we're attacking escaping from us for once.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyffyr
    Actually, that is common (mis)quote of General Oliver P. Smith during the [urlhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Chosin_Reservoir]Battle of Chosin Reservoir[/url] during the Korean War.

Short version of the story:
    US forces had been pushing north in Korea very successfully. They got close enough to the Korea-China border to make the Chinese very nervous. China sent troops to push back the US forces. US forces were surrounded. US forces fought their way back towards the south. A reporter asked General Smith how he felt about having to retreat. His response : "Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

/end history lesson

But yes, it is an awesome title.
    hah. freakin great man.

I haven't read previous posts but is that Kel'thuzard?

oh no! NO MORE lvl 1 Hogger Raids!!!!!!

Why is the DK Sigil or whatever its called so OP? Its the strongest one out there, Blizzard loves dk's.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by slimj091

wait.. what? either that's a placeholder description. or a clue to how freaking awesomely epic they are making the lich king fight in halls of reflection.

also i like the bit about us escaping from the lich king instead of the boss we're attacking escaping from us for once.
    that's irritating me too.. would be pretty awesome to have finally an instance that takes longer than 2 hours
    (with that helmet DK looks much more like Arthas :-\)

Quote Originally Posted by nemesisevil
    I haven't read previous posts but is that Kel'thuzard?
    why should it be Kel? Kel's dead (twice ) and i don't think he returns in ICC..

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    And while we're at it we should give DKs a ghoul with a Gauss Rifle and marine helmet riding a gargoyle on top of a deathcharger standing idle on a wight scratching an abomination on the head that dances on top of a frostwyrm

Wow, after looking at the paladin relics, I doubt I'll be wasting any badges on them. The protection libram is 19 more dodge rating in exchange for needing a full 12 seconds to get it up and running. I don't know about anyone else, but I like having my libram dodge be up the instant I want it.

And the Retribution one looks pretty good... for retribution. =) I'll use the old ToC retribution libram for my threat set tyvm.

(if you put the DK dps relic next to the ret paladin's one, you can see a leetle disparity.)

10+ Year Old Account

Power runs of heroics still take 20-30 minutes to complete in pugs. If this timer styarts at the beginning of the heroic, and if one wing of it is the size of a regular heroic, then it's easy to imagine that completing HoR could take two hours, especially while players are still figuring out the fights.

Then again, the 11 seconds seems to hint at it being a placeholder.

Quote Originally Posted by Daez
    Gift of the Earth Mother change is also huge for druids except for the GCD not going down after you haste cap, but then again I don't think its possible to haste cap the gcd right now anyways.
    The minimum the game will let the GCD go down to is 1sec.
    With the way GotEM works now, all a resto druid needs is 359 haste rating raid buffed to reach that.
    So yes, it is possible to haste cap the GCD right now and pretty much every resto druid is there.

Deleted

* You can now query for a list of completed quests with “QueryQuestsCompleted()” then wait for the “QUEST_QUERY_COMPLETE” event, and call “GetQuestsCompleted(<luatable>)”.
    only one other person seems to have realised this, looks awesome. Hopefully carbonite and everyquest install this functionality, so it properly updates what you have and haven't done, to make hunting for Loremaster much easier.

all i have to say is WOW! Blizz is 5 for 5 so far on the Tier 10, looking sik cant wait for the last 5........

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisck
    Quick Question.

How is this Dot change allowed. THats so overpowered. W.e my newest 3v3, Spriest Spriest Shaman.

Lets do Heroism and Dot everyone. see who dies first. after silence deathcoil fearx 2 + maybe hex.
    Spriests have awesome deathcoils

Quote Originally Posted by roboscorcher

Power runs of heroics still take 20-30 minutes to complete in pugs. If this timer styarts at the beginning of the heroic, and if one wing of it is the size of a regular heroic, then it's easy to imagine that completing HoR could take two hours, especially while players are still figuring out the fights.

Then again, the 11 seconds seems to hint at it being a placeholder.
    That would be good reasoning if you had to do all three instances in a row every time you wanted to do them. As it stands currently there is a giant room in upper Icecrown Citadel that has all three instance portals with a gate in front of each one. I'm assuming that completing them in order will be a pre-requisate for being able to open the next ones gate.

On the PTR however none of the gates are locked, this is probably just to let people test every instance though. And to avoid confusion, yes there is a portal to the next instance in the chain at the back end of the previous one in the chain. (Instead of an exit portal, which is probably at the end of the HoR).

So for now I'm going to stick with the thought that it's a placeholder.

Edit: and in case you're wondering about this "hub" room, it is a sanctuary and there is therefore no fighting inside. However, the moment you step out onto the ramparts of the citadel you are fair game. This can be a problem because you cannot mount inside, and the summoning stone is out in the open allowing one faction to control it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluespirit
    Why is the DK Sigil or whatever its called so OP? Its the strongest one out there, Blizzard loves dk's.
    Lol DKs have been nerfed twice as much as any other class this expansion. If you call that loving then so be it :-\
    specs

Intel Core i5-760@4.0GHz
    CM Hyper 212 cpu cooler
    GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD3
    Nvidia GTX 460
    4GB DDR3 1600 ram
    CM Storm Scout case

That lich has tits.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Sargeras&n=Delonyera

Quote Originally Posted by Balbaroy
    Spriests have awesome deathcoils
    Its called Psychic Horror. It is a psudo fear and disarm. I belive that is what he was refering to.

Quote Originally Posted by Dlonyer
    That lich has tits.
    Skelly boobies?

It's Over Nine Thousand!
    Dragonball Z - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiMHT...eature=related
    WROOOOOOOOOOOOONG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBtpyeLxVkI

This the original and the one that spawned the meme. Why anyone likes it I don't know. His other videos are pretty funny though.

Quote Originally Posted by Revitalize
    Are you retarded?

They come out to the same value.
    lol soo wrong....

if im right the DK one is 73*2=146ap which is the same as enhance shaman.... but then go on and do the DK multiply which is 146*5=730ap and now the enh shaman 146*3=438ap... and now u ask yourself how this is fair?

Quote Originally Posted by Tealge
    lol soo wrong....

if im right the DK one is 73*2=146ap which is the same as enhance shaman.... but then go on and do the DK multiply which is 146*5=730ap and now the enh shaman 146*3=438ap... and now u ask yourself how this is fair?
    The 3 stack on the Enh Shaman totem is probably an error. Such things happen, and people crying "Oh no we gots screwed! Blizard hates us!" are, at best, overreacting.

Why does it say 3? All the other shaman totems are 3, so it was almost certainly a copy-paste error. You can be certain that it will be changed to 5 in very near future (or the value/stack will be upped, but that is far less likely).