Thread: Its about time

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Its about time

Quote Originally Posted by Xnzz
    I didn't really think bliz would be able to fix everything in once patch(pve wise), but i think theve done that.

awesome haste scaling, maybe not as great as other classes but.. from going from 0 haste scaling to this was kind of shocking tbh

Beter spirit scaling, seeing as im at about 800spirit raid buffed this is good.

Mf Glyph is nice, if base range gets upped to pre-3.3 range it would be sweet.

with MF glyph and 4pc t10, will only be mind blasting every 12secs to keep up replenish... if we have enough hunters/rets i will drop it all together

If MF glyph was for MB instead, then i would be super happy,atm im just happy .
    Keep in mind - glyph of mind flay is INSTEAD of glyph of shadow word pain. It hasn't magically added an extra 10% damage to mind flay like some people are reading it.

I'm utterly shocked that Bliz is even considering making this many ground breaking scaling changes to spriests in 1 patch.

I knew I stuck with this spec for one reason or another. There was always hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Radux
    I'm utterly shocked that Bliz is even considering making this many ground breaking scaling changes to spriests in 1 patch.

I knew I stuck with this spec for one reason or another. There was always hope.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Priest
    We've noticed that a lot of people are looking forward to these Priest changes. Unfortunately, our internal testing tells us that we need to make a couple ramifications here. The most notable one being:[*]Hope has been removed.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Abolishment
    So, my Devouring Plague instantly strikes my target for over 1200 now.

When that gets doubled, it'll be like pre-BC Moonfire spam. Killing people in 10 instant-cast, no cooldown spells and an absurd amount of mana.

I can't wait.
    You know, killing someone in 15 seconds isn't that unusual if they don't have heals and don't do anything to stop you from damaging them.

Quote Originally Posted by annarion
    You know, killing someone in 15 seconds isn't that unusual if they don't have heals and don't do anything to stop you from damaging them.
    Killing AFK players makes you OP, right?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    Killing AFK players makes you OP, right?
    No, PvE geared players killing PvE geared players in BGs makes him OP.

Warlocks and Druids are gonna whine, haste scaling with their dot/hot is via glyph while ours are via Shadowform.
    It's not because we like a steack that we want to know who's the cow.

is this finally canceled?

Improved Devouring Plague: This spell now deals 10/20/30% of its total periodic effect instantly, up from 5/10/15%.

Shadowform: This talent also now causes Devouring Plague, Shadow Word: Pain, and Vampiric Touch to benefit from haste. Both the period length and the duration of these spells will be reduced by haste. In addition, the mana cost has been reduced from 32% to 13% of base mana.

Or they will apply in the next ptr path?

Quote Originally Posted by Shad47
    Warlocks and Druids are gonna whine, haste scaling with their dot/hot is via glyph while ours are via Shadowform.
    They said it'll be a temporary experiment. If the glyphs prove very successful and popular, and the classes don't go super overpowered, it may become a baseline feature of Haste.
    Quote Originally Posted by annarion
    I know. But it'll be funny. They're instant casts, man. That's like saying "Ice Lance should ALWAYS hit for 3k". It seems harmless, until you see it in action.

Yes, and since Shadow Priests are perfectly balanced in PVP this will be the tipping point that turns us into completely overpowered death-machines.

If you are fighting someone who has no self-healing abilities and no CC and no way of stopping you from casting and no way of doing damage then this is overpowered.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

15+ Year Old Account

Although i havn't yet seen these changes take effect, but i bet you guys will do much higher competitive single target damage now.

CUNTS :d :d
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...losophy/simple
    Philosophy, Worgen Mage of Magtheridon EU.Mokari, Nelf Hunter of Magtheridon EU (AKA Shikari @ Achindoun). [Currently inactive]

I think you meant to say "You will now do competative single-target DPS now".
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

It's good to see priest buffs, they needed it... shamans are still waiting for theirs, maybe little crying support on Blizz forums?

Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by smapple
    Ridiculous; priests get haste scaling with all their dots with one talent point, whereas afflic locks have to give up a glyph slot for ONE dot.

Thanks, Blizz.
    Warlocks are already OP, so thank Blizz for that. Besides, they have stated that if this whole haste affecting DoT's thing turns out to be a good move, they will take it off the glyphs and make it a base haste effect.

Shadow Priests NEEDED this WAY more than Warlocks needed ANYTHING. The Conflag nerf is nice too...finally.

These Shadow changes sure surprised me. Looks like you guys are pretty happy with them so far, I'm glad for my darker brothers in priesthood!

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/

15+ Year Old Account

OMG, HOLY CRAP, YOU GOTTA BE KIDDIN ME, ABOUT TIME: Things that came to my mind when I saw patch notes.

I'm falling to the dark side again.
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

they had the best changes then any other classes.So,shadow will still be pure awesomeness
    You can't use this while stunned.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by det
    Warlocks whining is ofc mostly due to the fact that they get a PvE nerf due to PvP QQ. And one tree nerfed to make another more attractive.
    Oh. Kind of like death knights.
    Originally Posted by Fargo (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    The primordial soup that creates heroes never tastes of rainbows -- it’s a lumpy gumbo of suffering and evil.

i tested these things on the ptr and either im doing somthing wrong or they never added these things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctadrew
    I have never used this response, but it seems perfect here...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAOxY_nHdew

Quote Originally Posted by scotty
    i tested these things on the ptr and either im doing somthing wrong or they never added these things.
    it's not applied on the ptr yet afaik.