Thread: Oh God.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Oh God.

You forgot to add that it automatically puts items on auction house that you have in your bank, and it does it while you channel mind flay while moving.

Shadowform
    32% of base mana
    Instant cast 1.5 sec cooldown
    Assume a Shadowform, melting your enemies' faces. Lasts until canceled.
    Yep yep.

Has anyone had the thought how OP the Shadow Form talent is for 1 talent point? It provides 15% damage, allows dots to crit, allows them to scale with haste, provides 15% damage reduction to all sources and provides 30% threat reduction....

For 1 talent point i'm pretty sure that breaks their convention of 1 talent point = 1% dps... it's quite possibly the most OP talent of any class/spec.

Yes I know that classes/specs are balanced on the whole etc, but in terms of their design goals this talent completely and utterly breaks them.

lol this is the same as Paladins arguing over the AD tool tip in the prot tree and what they meant by it.

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    Has anyone had the thought how OP the Shadow Form talent is for 1 talent point? It provides 15% damage, allows dots to crit, allows them to scale with haste, provides 15% damage reduction to all sources and provides 30% threat reduction....

For 1 talent point i'm pretty sure that breaks their convention of 1 talent point = 1% dps... it's quite possibly the most OP talent of any class/spec.

Yes I know that classes/specs are balanced on the whole etc, but in terms of their design goals this talent completely and utterly breaks them.
    They made it a talent because if they gave shadowform away at the trainer it would be to much like boomkin form. Shadowform does effectively that same thing moonkin form does they just didn't want to give shadowform away free.
    [quote="Tyler"]Man, I see in fight club the strongest and smartest men who've ever lived. I see all this potential, and I see squandering. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need. We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off.

It also bars you from using half your class abilities, which is kind of a downer. You basically trade away the major strength and the iconic functionality of your class in favor of being an lightweight affliction warlock, resticted to one school of magic and with no pet. I'd say that's one of the most massive downsides the game has yet to put on any single talent in the game. Shadowform better be damned great to compensate.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Deleted

Shadowform
    32% of base mana
    Assume a Shadowform, turning you transparently purple and embodying the evil within you, increasing damage done by your Shadow spells by 15%, reducing all damage done to you by 15% and threat generated by 30%, and making all spells and abilities spawn pink fluffy kitties that will despawn your Shadowfiend when used. However, you may not cast Holy spells while in this form except Cure Disease and Abolish Disease. Grants the periodic damage from your Shadow Word: Pain, Devouring Plague, and Vampiric Touch spells the ability to critically hit for 100% increased damage. In addition, whenever Shadow Word: Death is cast, a boomkin will appear to cast Starfireomgpewpew at your target. This effect has an internal cooldown of 3 seconds. Shadowform lasts until cancelled or until Ressurection (Rank 42) is cast on Michael Jackson. Shadowform will also be dispelled if Frostmourne drops, is disenchanted, is enchanted, is painted, is looted to a hunter or if Beyonce has one of the best weapons of all time. Shadowform has not one, but two ranks.

I propose this change.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    It's all part of a PVP buff they are working on. Eventually we will be able to cast the Shadowform tooltip as a debuff on other players that blinds them until they read through the entire thing.
    awesome /lol

This thread is pure win ;D

I was beginning to lose my faith in the MMO champ forums :-\ but u guys have returned me to the light or in this case the shadows :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Dj
    your a Gnome, how the heck does it feel to suck that badly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtacle
    Gnomes are awesome, and piss people off, how does it feel to die to a tiny pink puffball?

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown
    I can shorten it.

Shadowform (X mana cost, instant, ect.)

You pewpew with shadow spells, and other stuff happens.

i ROFLMAO-ED almost of my officechair and almost spilled coffee over my keyboard and monitor
    You sir are full of WIN! :P
    Cant i follow you around in ur awsomeness

~Signed ur one and ONLY TRUE~
    *FAN*

We'll come at a point that the tooltip will be a clickable link redirecting you to a PDF file, where you can read the notes when you have 2-3 hours of free time.

10+ Year Old Account

I think they did that because they want Shadow Priests to take that talent no matter what. Shadowform makes DPS Priests easily recognizable compared to Healing Priests. I think they do that to help players in PvP see what kinda Priest they got against them.

Additionally, would any Shadow Priest use Shadowform if it wouldn't give you a fine buff, while you cannot use healing spells? They probably don't want a Priest to do massive DPS and use healing spells combined and thus forcing them by choosing between DPS or Healing with Shadowform.

Similar to Moonkin form (and Tree of Life form).

Quote Originally Posted by Thrakin
    Shadowform
    32% of base mana
    Assume a Shadowform, turning you transparently purple and embodying the evil within you, increasing damage done by your Shadow spells by 15%, reducing all damage done to you by 15% and threat generated by 30%, and making all spells and abilities spawn pink fluffy kitties that will despawn your Shadowfiend when used. However, you may not cast Holy spells while in this form except Cure Disease and Abolish Disease. Grants the periodic damage from your Shadow Word: Pain, Devouring Plague, and Vampiric Touch spells the ability to critically hit for 100% increased damage. In addition, whenever Shadow Word: Death is cast, a boomkin will appear to cast Starfireomgpewpew at your target. This effect has an internal cooldown of 3 seconds. Shadowform lasts until cancelled or until Ressurection (Rank 42) is cast on Michael Jackson. Shadowform will also be dispelled if Frostmourne drops, is disenchanted, is enchanted, is painted, is looted to a hunter or if Beyonce has one of the best weapons of all time. Shadowform has not one, but two ranks.

I propose this change.
    I second the motion.

And I don't even play a priest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400
    This topic has been beaten more then a loud mouthed bastard child with a drunk, abusive father.

Shadowform
    32% of base mana
    Assume a Shadowform, turning you transparently purple and embodying the darkness within you, increasing damage done by your Shadow spells by 15%, reducing all damage done to you by 15% and threat generated by 30%, and making all spells and abilities spawn pink fluffy kitties that will despawn your Shadowfiend when used. However, you may not cast Holy spells while in this form except Cure Disease and Abolish Disease. Grants the periodic damage from your Shadow Word: Pain, Devouring Plague, and Vampiric Touch spells the ability to critically hit for 100% increased damage. In addition, whenever Shadow Word: Death is cast, a boomkin will appear to cast Starfireomgpewpew at your target. This effect has an internal cooldown of 3 seconds. Shadowform lasts until cancelled or until Ressurection (Rank 42) is cast on Michael Jackson. Shadowform will also be dispelled if Frostmourne drops, is disenchanted, is enchanted, is painted, is looted to a hunter or if Beyonce has one of the best weapons of all time. Shadowform has not one, but two ranks.

I propose this change.
    I love it. Except Shadow's not "evil" (with the exception of the Forsaken). It's maintaining the balance that must be had, so go ahead and LOLLORE troll me, I dun care.

But good one, I also propose this change.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

The 'evil' refers to you. Obviously working an intended, because we all know you are the cancer that is... wait wrong forum.

You know, you can hide the tooltips... im not exactly sure where but somewhere in Option Interface.

That's not as funny though.

Shadowform
    32% of base mana

I propose this change.
    You forgot the haste changes.

But anyways, having a pocket Boomkin would be pretty awesome. Especially if they stood around for 5 seconds and did the chicken dance, then poofed.
    Quote Originally Posted by JeeBa
    When I was a kid, my parents would lock me outside and make me play all day in the hot sun. Now kids these days play on the internet all day and their parents give them web cameras and let them play video games. I don't know what's happening to the world anymore...