Arcane PTR Spec: What do you think?

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?mage...kCJwNv_,,10571

This would be a 53/18/0 build, to include the change to inproved scorch (latest ptr build), providing an instant 5% debuff on the enemy, so you don't have to stack it.

I know the haste you get from Icy Veins is very good, and so is the 3% hit rating, but I also know that I, and many other people would be fine without that 3% hit, if you were in an ideal raid group (spriest draenei etc)

So I was wondering if the gain of 5% crit for the duration of the fight would outweigh the 20% haste you get for 20 seconds probably a max of twice during the duration.

Any opinions on whether this would be a viable raiding spec once 3.3 comes out would be interesting to hear.

Re: Arcane PTR Spec: What do you think?

With the buffs Demo is getting for locks, most locks will be demo anyway so you wont need scorch.

Quote Originally Posted by tommystep
    With the buffs Demo is getting for locks, most locks will be demo anyway so you wont need scorch.
    If they nerf demonic pact (seems likely), and you raid has an elemental shaman, it is not unlikely that your demo locks will be 41/30 or 40/31 for best personal dps.

Both of those specs use fire from the destruction tree instead of shadowbolts, and won't pick up the imp shadowbolt talent.

Demonic pact got buffed so i doubt they will nerf it.

Fire mages will apply the 5% crit buff. Arcane will apply the 3% damage buff.

Quote Originally Posted by tommystep
    Demonic pact got buffed so i doubt they will nerf it.
    That was a buff for the lock only. The scaling raidwide +spellpower part still remains unchanged. The part that will likely get nerfed is +10 spellpower to the raid. Expect it to be +280 spellpower to the raid instead "soon".

And when/if that happens, it isn't relevant for raidperformance anymore (if you have an elemental shaman) to bring demonic pact.

Scorching as arcane is below being a straight fireball spec. Only reason to do this is if you lack a ret pally (or a boomkin /and/ BM hunter).

why wouldn't you at least grab ignite over a free stun and range? if you're gonna gimp your dps by casting scorch, you might as well have 40% more damage from a crit.