Thread: new GoTM

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

new GoTM

Gift of the Earthmother now increases your total spell haste by 2/4/6/8/10%
    So how much will this affect the global cooldown for hots compared to before? Anyone want to do the math? lol

Re: new GoTM

Please check these numbers; haste for a 1s global cooldown on instant cast spells (and 1.5 sec cast spells):

0 1,269
    1 1,180
    2 1,094
    3 1,012
    4 932
    5 856

Calculation includes: 0/3 Celestial Focus, Wrath of Air Totem (5%), and Ret/Balance buff (3%).

Interesting change, they should probably have made it before.

Now they need to make crit a viable stat too, if not we will just stack haste/sp on every single slot and nothing will change

Well the GOTM now reduces the "base" cooldown from 1.5 to 1.2 and then haste was applied...

With the new change, its base is still 1.5... so using some haste calculators and assuming you have 500 haste rating

10% (from the new GOTM) = 328 haste

So total haste = 828

Which for a 1.5 sec cast time (the same formula is applied to global cooldowns according to wowwiki)

= 1.197589481373265

Calculators used:

http://www.zalambar.com/haste_calculator.html?level=80

http://oneroguesjourney.com/spell-haste-calculator/

Right now; haste caps are reachable: 360 (5/5 Earthmother), 542 (4/5 Earthmother), 511 (1 sec Nourish after Nature's Grace). After reaching haste cap, gearing shifts towards finding ways of not stacking haste (or reaching next haste cap and dropping a point from GotEm). So this change does affect gearing and talent spec.

Multiple sources of haste are not added together, but multiplied together. When calculating haste with 5/5 GotEm and 500 haste rating, you would calculate haste % for each, add 1 (100%) and multiply together, and then subtract 1 (100%):

500 haste = 15.2% haste
    5/5 GotEm = 10% haste

Haste = (1.152 * 1.1) - 1 = 0.267 = 26.7% haste
    Cast speed = time / (1 + haste) = 1.5 / 1.267 = 1.18 seconds

http://www.wowwiki.com/Spell_haste

* abbreviating Gift of the Earthmother as GotEm.

so how is this new GOTM gonna affect arena restor druids ??

Faster cyclones and roots will be nice, however you will get boned by cleave and dispell spammers because you just wont be able to get your hots up fast enough during switches/spam purge times.
    Once Elendur of Arthas.

I'm wondering how much these changes are going to, er... change the resto playstyle. With Rejuv lasting 15 seconds, shortened by haste, which is now increased by GotEM and longer global cooldown I don't know it Rejuv blanketing is going to be as effective or practical to do; it won't be easy to even keep Rejuv on a 10 man raid while at the same time casting WG on every cooldown.
    "Holy bananas Ghostcrawler, ferals are doing well in pvp again!"

"What!? To the nerfmobile!"

Quote Originally Posted by Rowen
    I'm wondering how much these changes are going to, er... change the resto playstyle. With Rejuv lasting 15 seconds, shortened by haste, which is now increased by GotEM and longer global cooldown I don't know it Rejuv blanketing is going to be as effective or practical to do; it won't be easy to even keep Rejuv on a 10 man raid while at the same time casting WG on every cooldown.
    On top of that the gylph if one chooses to use it.

300 Haste, raid buffed, 0.1s latency

Now:
    Rj (1/19s) = 6.1% of your time per person.
    WG (1/7s) = 16.6%
    Rg (1/28s) = 5.7% per person
    SM (1/20s) = 6.4%

A reasonable 10-man behavior might be Rj on 10 people, Rg on 2, WG every 7s, SM every 20s, and leftover time (about one cast every 20s) used for Nourish or Lifebloom

3.3, switching Nourish Glyph to the new Rejuv Glyph. Otherwise, same stats.

Rj (1/12.6s) = 9.3% per person
    WG 16.7%
    Rg = 5.2% per person
    SM (1/20s) = 5.9%

You can't maintain Rj on the entire raid. I think you'll use Rg more. Particularly when someone is not topped off at the time of your cast, or you know the next big AoE event is more than 11s away.

You won't cover as many people with Rj, but those who are covered will get about 25% more HPS (and my numbers were with low haste). When you switch away from HoT mode (Swiftmend, Nourish, NS+Something, Abolish Poison, Remove Curse, Rebirth, CC, DPS), you will be 10% faster (although the glyph change will probably lower Nourish heals by an average of 10% or so).

Yes, I agree this will benefit Regrowth a lot and I'll see if it's worth using on non-tanks. And the glyph makes Rj a bit more reactiveinstead of proactive. Casting it raid wide is awesome when there's constant damage going on, but on other situations is barely worth it. The new Rj glyph may make the spell eve more versatile, and if it turns is not worth it we at least can use another one. I'm thinking that if it's not very expensive I'll start carrying some glyphs to swap them depending on the fight.
    "Holy bananas Ghostcrawler, ferals are doing well in pvp again!"

"What!? To the nerfmobile!"

I'm wondering how much these changes are going to, er... change the resto playstyle. With Rejuv lasting 15 seconds,
    They're changing it to 12s

15 after talent, as obviously everyone gets the talent...

And with haste as it is, it's actually more convenient now, to know how long our glyphed rejuvs will last. Just multiply your GCD by 10 and that's your rejuv duration.

15+ Year Old Account

This is only good, since our tier set 10x4 then can have more effect.

15+ Year Old Account

So we need 828 haste rating (with GotE) or we need 500 haste rating (with GotE)?

15+ Year Old Account

As of 3.3:

Code:
    haste_rating_needed = (1.5/( (1 + GotEM%) * (1 + WoA%) * (1 + aura%) * (1 + Celestial_Focus%)) - 1) * 3279
    That means:

Code:
    (1.5 / ( (1.1) * (1.05) * (1.03) ) - 1) * 3279 = 855 haste rating
    needed with 5/5 GotEM, WoA totem and Moonkin Aura/Swift Ret Aura

Code:
    (1.5 / ( (1.1) * (1.05) * (1.03) * (1.03) ) - 1) * 3279 = 735 haste rating
    needed with 5/5 GotEM, Celestial Focus, WoA totem and Moonkin Aura/Swift Ret Aura
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Deleted

another 80 haste to go so

Thank you Ravenblade for printing math; those look like same formulae I used (spreadsheet adds a ceiling() function so our numbers are off by 1).

@ILive: calculations above with 500 haste and 828 haste where not about gaining a 1sec global cooldown but about calculating an unbuffed gcd with a guessed-at 500 haste gearing.

Our two haste cap values for 1 sec global cooldown with 5/5 GotEM are 856, and 735 with 3/3 Celestial Focus.

One other haste cap is 1 sec Nourish cast after getting Nature's Grace (20% haste):

Code:
    (1.5 / ( (1.1) * (1.05) * (1.03) * (1.2)) - 1) * 3279 = 167

thanks for the math guys.

After seeing how much haste is required for us to stay GCD capped, is it still worth it? getting 700+ haste is possible to do right now, however we would have to ignore a lot of potential upgrades for the simple reason of having to get as much haste as possible.

With the new T10 set bonus, is it going to be more effective to stay GCD capped, stack crit, or find some balance between the two?

If we stay GCD capped, it will be mostly business as usual like we have it now. spraying hots to as many people as possible and rely on the throughput to do most of our healing.

If we stack crit we are hotting less people but healing more damage on each person through crits.

I'd be interested to see somebody model this out to see if there is some combination of haste and crit that will provide the best overall performance, or if we will basically be picking upgrades from now on with the most spellpower associated with them.

15+ Year Old Account

It depends on the encounter what is best and how the healer likes to heal himself, so I guess a balance between critt rating and haste rating. Lets just hope there will be more haste rating gear in the new raid.