The New DS (Who Should Use It?)

Currently most raid guilds have the Ret pally get DS for massive raid dmg situations. But looking at the new DS it seems that it would be completely useless for a Ret pally to get it since the only way it would be useful is if we get atleast 1 point in DG also which doing that means we have to get the bare minimum in the Ret tree and only 3 points in Holy for less seal and judgement dmg. So this brings me to who would use it instead? Holy Pallies drop their increased crit in Ret and get it or just have the Prot pally use it when he is offtanking?

Re: The New DS (Who Should Use It?)

I know our holy pally has it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundurr
    I was unaware medieval prostitutes wore iron bras and panties.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Where in the world are pancakes and bacon not wed in the holy house of breakfast!?
    I will sunder this place from existence.

currently the best holy paladins have this and from what i see there isn't a reason not to still have it after the changes. true it will be totally different but where else would you spec as i stated in another thread before if you are at that high end raiding and still need that lil 8% crit from ret you are fail

Once you reach 30k mana, you can change to a Holy/DS build, without any ret talents at all. At least, that's what I did and I'm healing just like before. DS is a really, really awesome raid tool too, so it's very nice to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Pereira
    Holy Pallies drop their increased crit in Ret and get it or just have the Prot pally use it when he is offtanking?
    Holy Paladins don't need the 8% crit as it is almost completely useless since the illumination nerf and having ds+dg is far more important for healing (longer + stronger SS is a bonus)

For prot pallys it will be a great tool as well now as they can use it if damage on them is rather low.

Ret will probably pick up aura mastery.

If you are a full time ret pally, you may have 2 talent builds, one with 11/5/55 and the other one with 5/11/55 (0/17/54 after patch). DS or Aura Mastery is not that important on normal mode fights, since you can easily faceroll most of the normal modes. Sometimes when raid needs one of those cds to make the things easier (especially healing), your 100-200 dps loss doesn't matter too much. New DS is awesome, it can be used as an external cd for tanks when there is no aoe dmg and with/without damaging paladin. It can reduce the raids dmg taken by 20% while its entire duration on raid. I think in its current form, it is OP or there certainly will be a hard mode (or even normal) where DS will be really helpful about that fight.

From protection paladin point of view, I think i'll again go to DG since I can use it as a 20% dmg reduction cd on myself when there is absolutely no dmg taken in my party.

I'm a prot pally and I already use the current version for fights such as Faction Champions where I tend to just be kiting the warrior :P
    So I'll gladly take the new version

That party only stuff is what is bugging me.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace
    That party only stuff is what is bugging me.
    That only matters for ret paladins, because they need to sacrifice damage to get the improved version (-20% raid dmg).

Quote Originally Posted by Aerenne
    Once you reach 30k mana, you can change to a Holy/DS build, without any ret talents at all. At least, that's what I did and I'm healing just like before. DS is a really, really awesome raid tool too, so it's very nice to have.
    /agree

DS ll get even more awesome now with dmg reduction and maybe usable without the bubble.

I just get AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pereira
    Currently most raid guilds have the Ret pally get DS for massive raid dmg situations.
    Not the case. With the "fix" of DSac, most of us dropped it and picked up AM. The DSac conversation has been brought up so many times on these forums. Being a DSac fanboy, it took quite a bit of convincing for me to see just how bad it became after the fix.

Now I am rolling with AM and switching auras frequently. Aura Mastery is a big buff for nearly every fight in TotC.

PS. I do feel like a retard after having placed 5 points in Divine Intellect as ret.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    PS. I do feel like a retard after having placed 5 points in Divine Intellect as ret.
    I couldn't do it. I went with the other talents. Ugh yuck on Div Int. AM is phat though.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Eurytos
    I couldn't do it. I went with the other talents. Ugh yuck on Div Int. AM is phat though.
    I need Vindication since we have only 2 paladins, 1 Feral tank druid, and no warriors (if we do. its the tank).

Only reason I'm not switching back to ret as subspec is because I still want the 1min and stronger SS.
    I do really want to try Holy/Ret out again, don't need the crit, but getting 4 HL crits in a row during huge raid damage is amazing.

For Rets, it'll suck a bit more.

For Holy and Protection, it'll be far better.