Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Judgement of Just and tanking

Also, if you judge Light, it saves him some mana because you'll be getting healed a bit each time you judge.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

if you change it to something which gives threat or defensive stats, all tankadins will use it, which will definitly result in slacking a JoL or JoW when u dont have enough paladins, for example in a 10 man or even a 5 man.

It sounds to me like your holy paladin needs to stop being a metermaid and start healing.
    Meters don't mean that much and mean even less for healing than DPS, imo.
    They can be good indicators of performance and that's all.

In short, your holy pally is a baddie. If you want to judge light, go right ahead and do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    I run it the other way around, as seldom does our Tank need mana and myself need health. Mostly this is also for when DPS have to break off and attack adds, as Wisdom is more useful for them at that time than Light.
    This is essentially the same as I was suggesting. JoL and JoW being done by the tank and ret means that both have 100% uptime. Regardless of which judges which, it removes the responsibility of maintaining judgment uptime from the healers because they often don't achieve the same uptime.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

10+ Year Old Account

As was said above your holy pally really should just stfu about it, the buff he gets from using judgments only lasts 1 min but the judgments do not so it should be left up to you to judge light & him to judge wisdom because it is more reasonable for you to keep it up as a tank or ret paladin.

As for anyone using judgment of justice don't bother with it, unless your in pvp fighting a druid its useless.
    I kinda wish they would update it & maybe give it some small snare effect, nothing big just say 20-25%. Even after you take pursuit of justice talent into consideration its still nowhere near the 60-70% snares and roots other melee classes have. It would also help a bit considering we are the weekest class in game when it comes to ranged cc.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

Judging with Seal of Wisdom has a chance to gain 4% max mana for the healing Paladin.
    I thought this was supposed to get fixed a while ago? I haven't played holy in months though so I don't know if it has been fixed or not.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Quote Originally Posted by nwo
    I thought this was supposed to get fixed a while ago? I haven't played holy in months though so I don't know if it has been fixed or not.
    Judgment is considered a melee attack, so I think that mana return from seal or judgments is intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    If you're that concerned, just judge Wisdom. If he still complains, tell him to stop being an ass about it.
    Out loud in Vent!!

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Pieterman
    if you change it to something which gives threat or defensive stats, all tankadins will use it, which will definitly result in slacking a JoL or JoW when u dont have enough paladins, for example in a 10 man or even a 5 man.
    I think this is an excellent point.

15+ Year Old Account

I like the idea of having Judgement of Justice do something a little extra to make it a tank judgement.

But for the sake of time, and my lack of creativity atm, I will just echo what others have said. Your healer is a jagoff and you should judge whatever you want.

If your low on mana, JoW. If your good on mana, JoL. Make sure one pally is doing JoL and one is doing JoW so its up always, if there is more in the raid it doesnt matter. As a tank you can make sure one is always up, so pick the one you need the most.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

Well I see where you people are getting at. Stop bitching holy paladins basically. But that wasn't the point of this post . I was simply asking if other tankadins felt the same way as me and wanted their own judgement. Blizz stated awhile back that they do read new ideas about fixing certain talents or such, so I was sort of hoping if we got a good amount of feedback for this they may want to take into consideration Redoing it to satisfy us.

But yes holy paladins shouldn't be so pissy about my judging light :/. And no it wasn't in the current guild that I am in case any of them read this lol.

Keep comming on that feedback guys! thanks <3

I think an instant exo proc from judgements of the just would be an awesome addition (as already mentioned earlier) because I want exorcism back in my tanking rotation, especially on undead mobs!
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kuraiik
    Well I see where you people are getting at. Stop bitching holy paladins basically. But that wasn't the point of this post . I was simply asking if other tankadins felt the same way as me and wanted their own judgement. Blizz stated awhile back that they do read new ideas about fixing certain talents or such, so I was sort of hoping if we got a good amount of feedback for this they may want to take into consideration Redoing it to satisfy us.

But yes holy paladins shouldn't be so pissy about my judging light :/. And no it wasn't in the current guild that I am in case any of them read this lol.

Keep comming on that feedback guys! thanks <3
    I want a Ret judgement in that case

**coughJudgementoftheCrusadercough**

I want a Ret judgement in that case

**coughJudgementoftheCrusadercough**
    This should be our Improved Moonkin Form. The side effect of a raid buff that other classes get but we don't. Just have it as a side effect to Heart of the Crusader. Thanks.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    This should be our Improved Moonkin Form. The side effect of a raid buff that other classes get but we don't. Just have it as a side effect to Heart of the Crusader. Thanks.
    I still like having Swift Ret. reduce Exo/Repent's CD. :P

Just a suggestion... judge Justice instead, and tell everyone else to go fuck themselves if they want to judge that. or tell all the ret paladins to judge justice while you judge wisdom, or tell the holy paladin to fuck off because you both do the same amount of healing with Judgement of Light.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Tozar
    Just a suggestion... judge Justice instead, and tell everyone else to go fuck themselves if they want to judge that. or tell all the ret paladins to judge justice while you judge wisdom, or tell the holy paladin to fuck off because you both do the same amount of healing with Judgement of Light.
    The bestiality forums are this way----------------> http://www.mmo-champion.com/class-hunter/

First off, never ever skip judgements of the just in your spec, bring as many of your own debuffs as you can, this also includes vindication, there's no guarantee there will be a warrior or a dk with imp tc/it, and there probably won't be a warrior with imp demo.

Also judgements of the just doesn't get removed anymore when your judgement in overwritten, so it's not a big deal. But your holy paladin telling you you're stealing "his healing" sounds like a retarded meterwhore...
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Outland&n=enbee
    -> I might be logged out in protpvpgear

Haven't read the entire thread, but I wanted to comment on one thing. Apologies if it's been discussed already.

I'm pretty sure you want another paladin to be judging Light as a tank; you gain mana via Spiritual Attunement from healing effects cast by others, but not those you cast yourself. In other words, you'd benefit from letting the Holy Paladin judge Light.

I do agree that Justice should have an additional effect via Protection Talents that gives it some more 'oomph'. Nevermind the fact that very few mobs actually run away now, and almost none in any instance environment in recent memory. Judgments of the Just's effect (increases effect duration by 0.5/1 second) just doesn't do it, and doesn't really benefit a tanking paladin.

- Targets affected by your Judgment of Justice suffer x damage a second when targeting a character other than the caster. The damage is kept low, but generates high threat. It has little use in PVP other than a little extra damage, but Judgment of Justice is already fine in that situation. it is, however, very useful to maintaining a steady level threat in situations where mobs move around or charge at players randomly. The extended duration effect JotJ has now helps with this.

- Increases your chance to block attacks made by targets affected by your Judgment of Justice by x%. Additional mitigation, but probably too strong in PVP. It might work if it functions similar to Redoubt.

- Targets affected by your Judgment of Justice suffer x additional damage from your Consecration spell. Useful in PVP to some degree, but also valuable for establishing extra threat against a target while still AoEing mobs. Probably too limited in use, but the idea of JoJ amplifying a different ability is certainly a good place to start.

May have to post more later as they come to me.

- Renowned expert in the field of Paladinery -
    - & Author of -
    The Highly Acclaimed "Reinvention" Threads
    North Lordaeron - Stratholme
    - Angor Coast-

Quote Originally Posted by Retrogames
    - Targets affected by your Judgment of Justice suffer x damage a second when targeting a character other than the caster. The damage is kept low, but generates high threat. It has little use in PVP other than a little extra damage, but Judgment of Justice is already fine in that situation. it is, however, very useful to maintaining a steady level threat in situations where mobs move around or charge at players randomly. The extended duration effect JotJ has now helps with this.

- Increases your chance to block attacks made by targets affected by your Judgment of Justice by x%. Additional mitigation, but probably too strong in PVP. It might work if it functions similar to Redoubt.

- Targets affected by your Judgment of Justice suffer x additional damage from your Consecration spell. Useful in PVP to some degree, but also valuable for establishing extra threat against a target while still AoEing mobs. Probably too limited in use, but the idea of JoJ amplifying a different ability is certainly a good place to start.
    -not needed.
    -not needed.
    -not wanted.

And seriously are all of you running with at least 2 retri + 1 prot or why do you need to judge something different than Light or Wisdom.