Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Shadow's new glyph slot?

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    Current glyphs, as we all know, are as follows:
    Mind Flay (30 yard range, sigh), Shadow (10% spirit to SP), Pain (10% MF damage on targets with Pain)

With Mind Flay going baseline 30 yards, and its glyph getting Pain's current glyph, Shadow getting buffed to 30%, and Pain's new glyph to be a mana restore (1% base every tick), do we want to keep the Pain Glyph? Or swap in for a lolspersion or Death (pretending to have an "execute" : ). I dunno, what're your thoughts for magic slot number three now that you finally have it?
    Shadow, Dispersion, and Pain, its what I use, and its only getting buffed, and having dispersion on a 1.25CD is so nice, you'll never ever run out of mana and you can skip on the points to bring the CD on your shadow fiend down if you use the glyph.
    Some of the other Glyphs are useful too, but I find those 3 are the most useful.

15+ Year Old Account

I'm currently still using the SW glyph. I'll be swapping out the SW:P glyph for the new Mind Flay.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground
    Shadow, Dispersion, and Pain, its what I use, and its only getting buffed, and having dispersion on a 1.25CD is so nice, you'll never ever run out of mana and you can skip on the points to bring the CD on your shadow fiend down if you use the glyph.
    Some of the other Glyphs are useful too, but I find those 3 are the most useful.
    if you aren't using your shadowfiend whenever it's off cd for a dps gain, then urdoinitrong

Quote Originally Posted by enotsdarb
    if you aren't using your shadowfiend whenever it's off cd for a dps gain, then urdoinitrong
    Ya but the talent to get its CD down is a waste imo. they can be better used somewhere else, the Fiend is not any real dps gain. The dispersion Glyph is better to have for situational purposes as well. Depends on your play style, you personally may like wasting those talent points, but I don't.

Ya but the talent to get its CD down is a waste imo. they can be better used somewhere else, the Fiend is not any real dps gain. The dispersion Glyph is better to have for situational purposes as well. Depends on your play style, you personally may like wasting those talent points, but I don't.

no, the shadowfiend is a dps increase. and lowering the cd on it means using it more often=more dps

if you're having to use dispersion that often in a fight, you need to find better healers

where are you putting those extra talent points?

no, the shadowfiend is a dps increase. and lowering the cd on it means using it more often=more dps

if you're having to use dispersion that often in a fight, you need to find better healers

where are you putting those extra talent points?
    I put them in imp shadow form for survivability, I'm not worried about less then a 1% dps increase, we cant beat pure dps going all out anyways (if they are going all out), not like 1% matters. If anything it should be a 3 minute base CD anyways. We have to spend way too many points in that tree to be good at it in the first place. IMO Spirit tap and imp spirit tap should be a class passive for shadow so we have more points to play with so we can get pvp talents and be good at pvp and pve at the same time like many other classes. Hopefully blizz realizes this and homogenizes a lot of the pvp talents with good pve talents so your automatically pvp specced, that would make the game a little more enjoyable.

I put them in imp shadow form for survivability, I'm not worried about less then a 1% dps increase, we cant beat pure dps going all out anyways (if they are going all out), not like 1% matters. If anything it should be a 3 minute base CD anyways. We have to spend way too many points in that tree to be good at it in the first place. IMO Spirit tap and imp spirit tap should be a class passive for shadow so we have more points to play with so we can get pvp talents and be good at pvp and pve at the same time like many other classes. Hopefully blizz realizes this and homogenizes a lot of the pvp talents with good pve talents so your automatically pvp specced, that would make the game a little more enjoyable.
    Erm...every single shadow priest takes imp shadow form...so what else are you putting points in that we don't?
    'u get constant hit by ice shit from roof so you can travel instantly all across the room'

Quote Originally Posted by talrob
    Erm...every single shadow priest takes imp shadow form...so what else are you putting points in that we don't?
    Oh, I get imp VE and never respected out of it, but now that 3.3 is coming i don't think i would want to lol. The DPS gain from SF in 3.3 is going to be so minimal with all the haste will it really matter? lol. I use it every 5 minutes, that seems to be enough for me.

I can't think of any class that has the same build for PVP and PVE. Not a single one. Maybe it can work in BGs, but it won't be that great. Besides that, where would you even put points if you could take them out of Veiled Shadows, ST/Imp ST? There aren't 7 more DPS talents in reach anyway, you'd need to be able to put around 15 more points in Disc for that... along with several of those points being filler just to get the few DPS talents. You should be 13/0/58 now and that won't change in 3.3. The only change will be that the SW:P glyph is now optional (but still the best option).

Quote Originally Posted by harky
    I can't think of any class that has the same build for PVP and PVE. Not a single one. Maybe it can work in BGs, but it won't be that great. Besides that, where would you even put points if you could take them out of Veiled Shadows, ST/Imp ST? There aren't 7 more DPS talents in reach anyway, you'd need to be able to put around 15 more points in Disc for that... along with several of those points being filler just to get the few DPS talents. You should be 13/0/58 now and that won't change in 3.3. The only change will be that the SW:P glyph is now optional (but still the best option).
    I think they should make it so you are specced for both always, its stupid for hybrids becasue if i want to tank, and dps, and pvp you have to keep changing specs like always, pure dps can have a static pvp and pve, maybe that is the allure to that type of class. There are some classes that don't even need pvp talents and they will preform the same as some that do have them. The mastery system will remove a lot of talents so maybe we will see added pvp benefit to more talents. I mean the Rogue first 2 tiers of subtlety talents are being made passive for Cataclysm (which is both cool and OP).

P.S I was also getting focused mind which was for leveling I haven't changed yet either.

So is this going to make shadow priest more raid/dps friendly??

Because i really miss the face melting days ;D

SF does a good amount of dmg, Plus increases your dmg via shadowcrawl ( Spriest 101 ). These points are mandatory. The mana gained will be a side effect, Sf's are used mainly a a dps CD.

Quote Originally Posted by talrob
    Imp. Shadowform is hardly worth it, with the amount of AoE dmg in Ulduar and ToC HMs imped VE is massively more vital to the raid than worrying about a little bit of cast time lost, you will most like have conc aura anyway. Look at healing down from HM Twin Valk kills, spriests can approach 2-3K HPS from VE alone. Also look at healing done by Spriests in p3 HM Anub.

As for the OP, I think it will come down to how mana intensive hasted dots are on release, personally I think all the glyphs will stay the same, I'm not a fan of dispersion for mana. Thats what mana pots are for, such a hard hitting dps loss for some mana isn't worth it unless it's in between phases or in a time of heavy dmg.

Oh, I get imp VE and never respected out of it, but now that 3.3 is coming i don't think i would want to lol. The DPS gain from SF in 3.3 is going to be so minimal with all the haste will it really matter? lol. I use it every 5 minutes, that seems to be enough for me.

why would you take ve over a dps increase. we're a dps class. you shouldn't have to use ve on fights. it's nice to use it on fights like the twins, but other than that, it's not necessary. drop imp ve and get sf cd reduction.

a dps increase is a dps increase. we need them where ever we can get them atm

Quote Originally Posted by Thragh
    SF does a good amount of dmg, Plus increases your dmg via shadowcrawl ( Spriest 101 ). These points are mandatory. The mana gained will be a side effect, Sf's are used mainly a a dps CD.

Imp. Shadowform is hardly worth it, with the amount of AoE dmg in Ulduar and ToC HMs imped VE is massively more vital to the raid than worrying about a little bit of cast time lost, you will most like have conc aura anyway. Look at healing down from HM Twin Valk kills, spriests can approach 2-3K HPS from VE alone. Also look at healing done by Spriests in p3 HM Anub.

As for the OP, I think it will come down to how mana intensive hasted dots are on release, personally I think all the glyphs will stay the same, I'm not a fan of dispersion for mana. Thats what mana pots are for, such a hard hitting dps loss for some mana isn't worth it unless it's in between phases or in a time of heavy dmg.

.........are you kidding me?

get imp shad form and watch your dps go up. if you think we don't take raid dmg in any of these fights, you're a nub. any self-respecting shadow preist goes for imp shad form

with how depended we are on mind flay channeling and timing of clipping, push back can be detrimental to our dps.

why would you take ve over a dps increase. we're a dps class. you shouldn't have to use ve on fights. it's nice to use it on fights like the twins, but other than that, it's not necessary. drop imp ve and get sf cd reduction.

a dps increase is a dps increase. we need them where ever we can get them atm
    I just want blizzard to go look at how many talents some classes need to make them as good as others that require less talents to do the same and merge some more, we should NOT have to spend 58 points in a tree to do the same as another class that only needs 52/53 to get the same effect, we need more play points.

I just want blizzard to go look at how many talents some classes need to make them as good as others that require less talents to do the same and merge some more, we should NOT have to spend 58 points in a tree to do the same as another class that only needs 52/53 to get the same effect, we need more play points.
    the classes and talent trees are getting over-hauled in cata, so it would be pointless for them to change them all right now.

in cata you'll be able to pick what you want

Well, I will probably be rolling with the Shadow, Mind Flay and SW:P glyphs to see the mana regeneration changes, but if we are still pretty stable I may swap it out for the SW glyph. A small DPS increase if any, but still semi-useful if we have the spare slot for it.

I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

the classes and talent trees are getting over-hauled in cata, so it would be pointless for them to change them all right now.

in cata you'll be able to pick what you want
    I know, mastery is going to fix a lot of these issues we all complain about. For the meantime why don't they merge imp Spirit tap and spirit tap into one 3 point talent, and merge maybe imp SWP with the 3% hit talent. Then we have 5 more to play with.

.........are you kidding me?

get imp shad form and watch your dps go up. if you think we don't take raid dmg in any of these fights, you're a nub. any self-respecting shadow preist goes for imp shad form

with how depended we are on mind flay channeling and timing of clipping, push back can be detrimental to our dps.
    Let me see your gear and some WWS logs and I'll show you mine.

Minimal Dps gain<Raid utililty

Quote Originally Posted by Thragh
    Let me see your gear and some WWS logs and I'll show you mine.

Minimal Dps gain<Raid utililty
    go look at the spec of any shadow priest for any top raiding guild.

see your error

respec

profit