Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Warlock changes - Round 3 (3?)

Concerning Destruction: So the first changes come out, conflag will do less initial burst (a fair change, conflag was a little too powerful in PvP.) So I had faith that for the PvE aspect blizzard would make a change to later give some kind of buff to account of the nerf to conflag hits, but instead... it just makes it take... longer. Destro is already behind on the meters and nerfing it's damage just doesn't seem that right way to make it be able to really compete. (I really don't want to see a pure/hybrid argument... please.) I was expecting some kind of buff for PvE damage but it's like.. round 3 on patch notes and we've got nothing but a conflag Nerf.

Concerning Demonolgy: The buffs were awesome and very much needed. Right now I'm the guild meta lock and it kind of sucks just going in to have my pet auto-attack and I could almost just do whatever. These were some powerful changes.. decimate proc'ing off soulfire and a 5% spell power boost. That's good for the raid and you. But now it seems they have changed decimation by nerfing the haste it gives to your next soulfire..? I think even with the changes demo would have still have been lacking by a large amount.

For affliction: The change to Felhunter is a good thing, it provides a nice buff if somehow a priest or mage is missing and I've always viewed this pet as an affliction kind of pet. Also.. I am loving the new glyph for corruption. This seems like a really awesome way to get affliction back in the game for more than just beginning content, a good way to really make it scale.
    Hide behind a little Bloodelf Paladin?!? Ridiculous! Make way for the Beef of Light! I will shield you, little ones, and should I fall, remember that I taste amazing with Mustard.

Re: Warlock changes - Round 3 (3?)

Something I'm wondering though is how the affli glyphs are gonna work out.
    The new corruption one with the old one is gonna kick ass, third one is obviously life tap (those who used dark pact now get the same benefit, though I know no one who does use it XD).
    Is that worth giving up the other love though?

as much as i see they are nerfing whole class in every way
    i mean priest get haste for every dot and lock what for corr only
    soul fire weaving is slower its nerf y but decimation at 3.3 was 2 much imba
    about destro spec is useless now for pve and pve its same shit u wont crit 6k u will crit 4k but chaos bolts still crits for a lot
    class sucks like this if they dont do something smarter with aff i think i am quiting lock cause it isnt what lock was
    i dont wanna be a stupid "lesser" version of shadow priest with 3 dots and 1 cd with shadow bolt spamming
    demy is nice and if i continue with lock i will prob play with it
    about the glyphs for aff i would use haunt,decay thing(haste for corru) and life tap

I am Warlock - Play Free Online Games
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYq9v...layer_embedded -Vimpe (Tot)ally Fails 2 - Trailer VIMPE!!

Depends how the actual mechanics behind the new decay glyph work but for me affliction is not as fun as before they removed siphon life and immolat, thats what made affliction so different ( not trying to be elitist btw) in my opinion..

its too spam sb these days and id rather play destruction for that and infact i played destruction before the big buffs in 3.1.1 or similar patch. But still we lose dps in 3.3 regardless of the highest dps spec

did you guys actually get numbers before crying about conflag nerf?

if 80% dmg is = to 12 second immolate, then conflag should do exactly the same dmg over 6 seconds. the upfront dmg is just lower but the dot should do the same dmg over time. it's a pvp nerf, not so much a pve nerf

and about an hidden crit nerf they changed it to a % so the game calculate your crit dmg then do 60% dmg up front then 20% dot. so no crit nerf

I would be ok with this change, if paladins bubble broke with choas bolt

Quote Originally Posted by Grimlok
    did you guys actually get numbers before crying about conflag nerf?

if 80% dmg is = to 12 second immolate, then conflag should do exactly the same dmg over 6 seconds. the upfront dmg is just lower but the dot should do the same dmg over time. it's a pvp nerf, not so much a pve nerf

and about an hidden crit nerf they changed it to a % so the game calculate your crit dmg then do 60% dmg up front then 20% dot. so no crit nerf
    Everything I've read says that if you crit the dot will do normal, but if it does the damage for a crit then it's a good change. Same PvE damage but lower PvP burst.
    Hide behind a little Bloodelf Paladin?!? Ridiculous! Make way for the Beef of Light! I will shield you, little ones, and should I fall, remember that I taste amazing with Mustard.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimlok
    Sadly, that's not how its being calculated.

I have no idea how they're going to even destro out at this point. There's a good chunk of pve dps that just kinda went away into some ethereal space, never to return. They could increase the damage of another spell, or make another spell caster faster. However, that brings up all sorts of balance issues. My guess is that the change to destro is just the same kind of social engineering the devs have always done to classes - they want to spread the raid numbers out between all three specs, rather than just having the majority of the warlock player base run destro at the end game.

C'est la vie.

I'm gonna let that sleeping dog lie for a minute and suggest a change to a utility spell. The newest thing on the ptr reduced the buff and cooldown on Soulstone to 15 minutes, and any warlock realizes that means we're going to have to raise the number of shards we bring to raids. Annoying. What if they treated Soulstones the same way they do Firestones or Spellstones, so that the one soulstone you make would last for multiple casts of the spell?
    Dranei Ultra-Nationalist and Mac'Aree Patriot

15+ Year Old Account

I'M PRETENDING THIS PASS DIDN'T HAPPEN.

LALALALALALA

R.I.P. YARG

15+ Year Old Account

Would like to see the now 20/40% change stay, but make it usable at bosses at 50% HP.

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin

LALALALALALA
    This is the best post.
    Dranei Ultra-Nationalist and Mac'Aree Patriot

this whole thing is stupid....im on the ptr atm, and my chaos bolt is doing more dmg then my conflag, and the trinket blizz gives you on a premade is doing more dmg then the conflag dot.

Out of 800k dmg with CoD
    Incinerate did 413k
    Chaos Bolt did 87k
    Conflag did 86k
    Immolate DoT did 66k
    CoD did 28k
    Immolate did 23k
    Trinket did 20k
    Conflag Dot did 15k

830k With CoE
    Incinerate did 482k
    Chaos Bolt did 86k
    Conflag did 77k
    Immolate DoT did 56k
    Trinket did 25k
    Immolate did 23k
    Conflag Dot did 15k

I think the devs are really really lost with warlock.

Is like no devs playing never a warlock.

I think never gona say that,but where is kalgan???????plzz!!!! :-\

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin

LALALALALALA
    Dude I'm on the same boat.. I was like.. "Okay, so they must be moving us away from burst in PvP, that's cool, warlock burst is a little on the high side.. so later they must give us something else to account for the loss of damage to PvE/PvP.." *3 updates later* IT JUST GOT EVEN WORSE

Im just wondering how the warlock dev keeps his job in this economy....
    Definition of useless -

Q. Any plans for an untalented spell to help warlocks deal with stuns?
    A. Possibly. It’s also possible we may take a look at stuns in general. But overall stuns will feel less impacting in an environment where players have significantly more health than they do today.

I do realize that the burst of conflagerate is alittle on the highside, but in higher resilience pvp, it is actually better to have less crit and better spellpower, cuzz after 1000 resilience, your 12k conflagerate just did 3k, and it hits normally for 5k. I mean, sure, it bursts the noobs in battlegrounds, and i am sure they pew pew, But if they ultimately want to bring the lock back, they need to allow the dot after conflage to crit on periodic ticks, they need to bring back siphon life as a dot in the affiction tree, and allow immolate back into the rotation, and I am sorry, but Demology was never meant to be a raiding viable spec, its a pvp usuage and survivability spec only

Quote Originally Posted by Rastrianth
    I do realize that the burst of conflagerate is alittle on the highside, but in higher resilience pvp, it is actually better to have less crit and better spellpower, cuzz after 1000 resilience, your 12k conflagerate just did 3k, and it hits normally for 5k.
    /sigh, no it still crits for 8-10k even against 800-1k resil. Go watch some lock arena vids or ask any high rated pvper.

Quote Originally Posted by omegatrigun
    /sigh, no it still crits for 8-10k even against 800-1k resil. Go watch some lock arena vids or ask any high rated pvper.
    Only in your fantasy world.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

Quote Originally Posted by omegatrigun
    Please link a video.... brb popcorn
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehlkatur
    I have died some times for just blinking away from balls and straight in to another pair of balls.
    Nerf teabagging!