Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Warlock changes - Round 3 (3?)

The problem was not conflag hitting too hard.

The problem was Conflag/Chaos Bolt/Immolate hitting hard in conjunction with another player to instantly kill someone in 3 seconds flat with no way to predict what was coming.

Take a mage and a destro warlock.
    Warlock does above - Immolate, Chaos, Conflag, and perhaps throws in a Shadowburn or something at the end.
    Mage does Arcane Blast, Arcane Blast, Arcane Barrage, Missiles proc.

That, on a zero resilience target, with zero crits, is 30k damage in 3 seconds. Minus 12% for 26.8k damage, but then add 20% crit rate at 166% (26.8 + 26.8 x .2 x 1.66) = 35.7k

Heal through that, I dare you.

R.I.P. YARG

The problem was Conflag/Chaos Bolt/Immolate hitting hard in conjunction with another player to instantly kill someone in 3 seconds flat with no way to predict what was coming.
    So true, and even if somehow you don't manage to kill them then it took only 3 seconds to put them on defense.

Great, so now you will only take 25k damage in 3 secs and die anyway if you have crappy gear like your indicating.

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin

The problem was Conflag/Chaos Bolt/Immolate hitting hard ....
    Heal through that, I dare you.
    Ok yeah but this is assuming 2on1 uninhibited dps and lets face it neither locks nor mages are immune to cc, slows, kicks, dispells, los etc. Thats like saying zomg you killed me twice in 3 secs with lolbladestorm/ambush backstab crit while i stood there yet i dont see either if those classes seeing even a minor nerf. Locks have the worst combination of escape, frailty, and cast time dependency in the game right now. People can and do counter destro burst in arena now prenerf so whats the problem? Its all about the squeaky wheel.
    pvp right now so a nerf seems unjustified.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehlkatur
    I have died some times for just blinking away from balls and straight in to another pair of balls.
    Nerf teabagging!

Bah having a hard time editing from my phone. That last line should start with "a nerf to"
    I have died some times for just blinking away from balls and straight in to another pair of balls.
    Nerf teabagging!

The problem was Conflag/Chaos Bolt/Immolate hitting hard in conjunction with another player to instantly kill someone in 3 seconds flat
    I agree, but if you're going to nerf a class because of possible combinations, be fair and do it with all hard hitting classes. rogues? Arcane mages? Elemental shaman? Warriors? This whole destro dps cycle is blown up. Rogues have always been able dish out these kinds of numbers, without having to cast, with pretty hard hitting auto-attacks, with instant poison applying aoe, while stunning you, slowing you and while holding a few wild-crads 'just in case'.

Don't get me wrong, I don't ask for rogues, or any other class, to be nerfed as I want everyone to enjoy their class to the max. But for heaven's sake, can't the devs see that our 'so called' burst is the least worrying at this point in the game?

And be honest, how often are you able to finish that whole cycle in arena? How often are you running around, trying to kite a hard hitting melee, praying for that conflag or teleport to go off cool down so you can finally do something. Bah, PvP really sucks. We've never been balanced. OP for a whole fucking expansion (tbc) and underpowered for most of wrath.

I'm gonna do some real PvP now, Cammy is waiting for me
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

15+ Year Old Account

It should not be a strategy in 5v5 to:

2 people defend the Mage and Warlock
    Mage and Warlock DESTROY someone every 12 seconds.
    Repeat.

or

2 Paladins
    2 Warlocks, 1 mage
    Mage/Warlocks DESTROY someone every 6 seconds.

This is my point. I'm not commenting on rogues, or warriors, or whatever else. The game should not boil down to an automatic win for a specific competition if you can't shut them down in under 10 seconds.

R.I.P. YARG

Repeat.

or

2 Paladins
    2 Warlocks, 1 mage

This is my point. I'm not commenting on rogues, or warriors, or whatever else. The game should not boil down to an automatic win for a specific competition if you can't shut them down in under 10 seconds.
    That's all arena is anymore. The change you are looking for is more fundamental and certainly should not start with a small nerf to conflag.
    Nerf teabagging!

Repeat.

or

2 Paladins
    2 Warlocks, 1 mage
    All a warlock can do is DESTROY someone every now and then, between that you can't do much other than just spam fear on people until cb/conflag is ready to combo again.

Destro is a one trick pony, and after this patch it will be a no trick pony, just a pony.

Hide behind a little Bloodelf Paladin?!? Ridiculous! Make way for the Beef of Light! I will shield you, little ones, and should I fall, remember that I taste amazing with Mustard.