Thread: VE Change

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

VE Change

Im a little hazy regarding the VE change. Its just undispellable now, right? Or did get made passive?

Re: VE Change

Read:

"*Vampiric Embrace: This ability is now provides a 30-minute buff that cannot be dispelled, instead of a target debuff"

It is a 30 minute buff, much like Power Word: Fortitude, but does the exact same effect as it used to (I believe). Although I'm not sure how this change will affect MindSear.

mind sear will do a lot of raid healing, lol
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Tortheldrin&n=Wexx

I literally came buckets when i understood what it meant. It should help PvP out alot

yep, all damage will have self-healing attached to it no matter what! no GCD wasting. good change, definitely going to put points back into improved VE as well.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Tortheldrin&n=Wexx

The best part is probably that you can cancel the effect when you want by removing it from yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Wexx
    mind sear will do a lot of raid healing, lol
    ye and cause a lot of aggro

Quote Originally Posted by Teflonbrain
    The best part is probably that you can cancel the effect when you want by removing it from yourself.
    i thought this is a good plus too
    Mannoroth nodded. "The warrior shows much promise... I would see more of his kind, learn their potential..." WoTA

gee thx Brox...

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by sleekit
    ye and cause a lot of aggro
    But healaggro is going to be splittet among all mobs. So that should not be a problem.
    Especially not if hunters use their new misdirection with volley.
    Even less, if you have more than 1 hunter

There is of course one down side to this (PvP orientated) -

I'm very fond of letting spell reflects and grounding totems eat up my VE magic debuff, but no more. Guess we have can still cast a pre-tick MF, but that means stopping moving for a split second. =P

We were asking for it since a long time, I'm glad.

Well it'ss a pure pvp up :
    - buff so we won't have to cast the spell to begin the fight
    - undispellable so we will constantly regen life
    - with dots scaling with haste, we will regen life faster !
    It's not because we like a steack that we want to know who's the cow.

It has some ups and downs for pvp really, but it's a decent PvE buff.

I can't help but consider how many mobs we will be able to tank with mind sear now though.

basically its like a perma siffon life for all priest shadow damage for 30 mins haha.

sadly its still in the old form on the ptr :-\

It will prob be nerf somehow. Best case scenerio, it wont work with mindsear, worst case the heals with have a short cooldown. Take Ony for example (chose ony cause of the adds and i realize this is ICC patch so ony doesnt matter) 40 whelps, mindseer hitting 39 mobs, healing 5 people from damage on all those 39 mobs.. getting aggro on 40 mobs for all that heal. Between the damage and the heal, i dont think even a paladin would keep aggro of you. Actually the damage you do to them would only be a fraction of tha hate that the heal provide.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

Use Fade, Mind Sear. You get 0 aggro for 10 seconds and let the tank build it up. So hard.

Quote Originally Posted by syanid
    Use Fade, Mind Sear. You get 0 aggro for 10 seconds and let the tank build it up. So hard.
    This, they are actually making priests need to fade again lol.

You all seem to be forgetting that AoE is being changed in 3.3 as well. We'll cap out at 10K per Mind Sear tick (if I remember correctly), so there's really only so much that we can heal for.

Multi-dotting, on the other hand... that might heal for quite a lot

Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist
    It will prob be nerf somehow. Best case scenerio, it wont work with mindsear, worst case the heals with have a short cooldown. Take Ony for example (chose ony cause of the adds and i realize this is ICC patch so ony doesnt matter) 40 whelps, mindseer hitting 39 mobs, healing 5 people from damage on all those 39 mobs.. getting aggro on 40 mobs for all that heal. Between the damage and the heal, i dont think even a paladin would keep aggro of you. Actually the damage you do to them would only be a fraction of tha hate that the heal provide.

no simply no.

VE dont heal for the full amount of damage you do. and healing is only doing ½ (50%) threat of the effective healing done. so its about 50% of the 3% MS damage

nice try

Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist
    Say your doing 20k dps over 40mobs, thats 500dps to each mob. 15+(3x4) = 27% of your damage=healing, 27% of 20k is 5400HPS, assuming for some odd reason everyone in your party is on low health and constantly losing it. Correct me if im wrong but healing generates about 50% of the healing done into threat. 5400HPS/20=135 --> 135 x 50% = 67.5 threat + 500dps/threat = 570ish or so threat per second to every mob. So 570 TPS on AOE, dont think tanks will have a hard time achieveing that.

If anythings wrong my bad its really late >.>
    Priest - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Weenalol
    Druid - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Weenah
    DK - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Jubei%27Thos&n=Weenalol

If pulling aggro with it is such an issue, just click off the buff before you start and AoE. It's still instant and costs no mana so there's problem with reapplying it.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.